On vibrate in the charging pod all night. BeBuzz off from 2-5pm
    03-08-11 06:09 AM
    Mine is on auto on/off.
    03-08-11 06:12 AM
    never. if i turn it off, would i receive bbm when i turn it on?
    03-08-11 06:40 AM
    Always on in charging pod next to my bed. It's set to bedtime mode with the profile set to Phone Calls only. I'm always on 24/7 support but I need my sleep too.
    03-08-11 07:03 AM
    Always on. I don't have a landline.
    03-08-11 07:06 AM
    I have been shuting mine off but since my new position as a property manager I have to keep it on. So phone calls only is enabled.
    03-08-11 08:26 AM
    Always on, at night in the charging pod (bedside mode) on night stand. I MIGHT MISS SOMETHING
    03-08-11 08:32 AM
    WOW. So many people keep it on.... I keep mine off and charging. Not close to my bed, either...
    03-08-11 08:35 AM
    Mine gets turned off and charged overnight the I turn it back on around 7am.
    03-08-11 09:30 AM
    when im sleeping at night i usually turn it off. otherwise, its on silent and face down so i dont see the led blinking all night lol
    03-08-11 02:24 PM
    Auto off/on for me - but what about emergency calls?? Now I'm having second thoughts ...
    03-08-11 02:32 PM
    ^^ What does that mean to say that your landline numbers (plural, no less) run on your BB? Do you have multiple "landline" numbers + your cell number somehow ringing to your BB? When I moved offices I had a former landline number "ported" to a cell phone, but now I'm curious about what kind of phone setup you have in place. Maybe I'll learn something about the kinds of things that can now be done with phone lines and BBs. Or maybe I just misunderstood your comment.
    Sry, the plural was a typo. I have 1 landline number and 1 cell phone number. Both in only one sim card.
    03-08-11 02:39 PM
    nope! but then again, my bb is my main and only phone. I generally just place it on vibrate and check it in the morning.
    03-08-11 08:17 PM
    Never off, I bbm and text in bed... Post to crackberry @ 2am I'm kind of an insomniac.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-08-11 08:28 PM
    Tried bedside mode (hadn't understood what it was until I read the 101) and discovered my Pearl 3G is light sensitive.
    When I switch the light off, the screen dims; when I switch the light on, it gets brighter again!

Anyone know how this works??? Presumably something to do with the optical trackpad...
    03-09-11 02:03 AM
    I've never turned off my BB at night .. Just entering beside mode (Phone calls only)

03-09-11 03:30 AM
    No I just put it on silent and put it on the charger. If I really don't want to be bothered I just turn off all notifications.

03-09-11 10:20 PM
    Put on a charger and enter the bedside mode.
    03-10-11 04:45 AM
    i just turn off all alerts. dont want to stop the twitter feed from loading.
    03-10-11 06:18 PM
    You can turn them off?
    Haha

03-10-11 10:17 PM
    Mine is never off and admit to waking with it in my hand... I tend to check it in the middle of the night too if the boyfriend isnt around (he thinks my addiction is odd)!
    03-13-11 09:22 AM
    Mine is always charging at night.

Then in the morning I either get the "Low Application Memory, Please select apps to delete" screen, the stupid little stopwatch in the middle of the screen or the WSOD.

Yay Blackberry
    03-16-11 04:02 AM
    I leave mine on. I suppose that it would help if I were to turn the alerts off but usually I am to ADD to remember but I never get bugged and can usually sleep through it anyway.

03-16-11 04:45 AM
    I wouldn't even think about shutting my BlackBerry off - EVER! I have been using Toysoft's ProfilerPro application since 2008 (when it was simply called Toysoft Profiler).

For those of you unfamiliar with the application, all I can say is it is hands-down the best 3rd party application I have ever used on my various BlackBerry's. Basically, what is allows you to do is set-up custom "profiles". For instance, every day at 1am my phone switches from whatever Profile I have active to Silent. At 6:30am my phone automatically switches back into Normal mode. You may set-up many different custom profiles in this application. Maybe you want it to switch into Silent mode (or ANY profile you choose, custom or stock) at 11pm on Monday through Thursday, 12am on Fridays and 1am on Saturday & Sunday -- you want it to go back into Normal mode at 7am every day except Wednesday because you work late that day - well, you can have Wednesday's switch back to Normal at 8am instead. It is so incredibly customizable.

It has awesome calendar integration. For someone like myself, with a lot of health issues (meaning a lot of doctors appointments), I have a custom ProfilerPro profile set-up to switch my phone into Vibrate mode whenever a calendar event with the words "doctor" or "followup" appear in the calendar entry. It remains in that mode until the BlackBerry calendar event concludes - then my phone automatically switches back into Normal mode.

A super cool feature of the app is "Location Based" Profile switching. Let's say your boss in the home office hates when people leave their phone's ringers active, but you don't visit very often so you occasionally forget. The next time you're at the home office - create the new Location Based ProfilerPro profile and everytime you go back to that location your phone will automatically switch it to any BlackBerry sound profile you've chosen. No more forgetting and getting the stink-eye from your boss!

I hate to ramble on so much for an application I didn't create - I just think it's an application that every BlackBerry owner should have even if you don't use the advanced features and just want it to put your phone in Vibrate at your regular bedtime. It's inexpensive and Smiley88 (the developer) is active here on Crackberry. He responds to questions (usually same day) and is probably the most helpful, enthusiastic 3rd party app developer I've had the privilege to communicate with.

Official Crackberry thread regarding Toysoft's ProfilerPro can be found here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f97/toy...rofiler-65473/
    Keep in mind the screenshots on the first page are of the older version...
    filbert42 likes this.
    03-16-11 07:56 AM
    yeah i turn mine off
    03-16-11 09:10 AM
95 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD