with os 6.0 coming i think the next storm should be the monster of bb the hybrid of fun and business and they can still keep their power users happy with the bold line
    04-25-10 01:12 PM
    Probably in a couple years. In case you didn't notice, RIM is not in the "cellphone specs" race.
    04-25-10 01:28 PM
    Hopefully by the end of next year

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-10 01:39 PM
    next year lol
    04-25-10 01:53 PM
    At the rate that RIM moves they will have today's specs by the year 2020...but seriously RIM dosnt seem to care about competing spec wise.

04-25-10 02:03 PM
    And they really don't need to. The Tour really runs fast enough as they got the OS pretty much be speedy (sans the browser of course).
    04-25-10 09:07 PM
    And they really don't need to. The Tour really runs fast enough as they got the OS pretty much be speedy (sans the browser of course).
    I agree. I don't think that a BlackBerry device needs to have the specs that some of these other devices have because BlackBerry devices are used differently. It wouldn't make much sense to have a snapdragon processor in a BlackBerry. I think that the screen resolution is really good. On paper iot doesn't seem to match up, but it definitely looks good in person.

04-25-10 09:14 PM
    BlackBerry, Palm Pre and iPhone do fine without a top of the line processor. I think it may have to do with the fact that the hardware and software are completely integrated. With Android or Windows Mobile, the software is simply ported over between different phone models.

Besides, even if you get the Incredible or other top end phones, they'll become obsolete super fast.

04-25-10 09:28 PM
    BlackBerry, Palm Pre and iPhone do fine without a top of the line processor. I think it may have to do with the fact that the hardware and software are completely integrated. With Android or Windows Mobile, the software is simply ported over between different phone models.

Besides, even if you get the Incredible or other top end phones, they'll become obsolete super fast.

The name BlackBerry may not become obsolete, but there are BlackBerry models that are becoming obsolete. For instance the Storm 1 was soon replaced by the Storm 2. The Tour is now being discontinued, and will be replaced by the Tour 2/Bold. My BlackBerry Curve 8330 is becoming obsolete in a sense. I've owned this phone for about 2 years, and I've received only one official update during that span. That was from OS 4.3 to OS 4.5 All other updates have been leaks I've installed myself. It hurts to see new 3rd party apps for BlackBerry coming out, only to find out they only support OS 4.6 or higher.
    There was a time when all of the apps where being made for OS 4.5, and there was no love yet for the newer BlackBerry phones. Now it's the other way around. Now my phone is slowly becoming a dinosaur.
    Last edited by cdf3; 04-25-10 at 10:08 PM.
    04-25-10 10:05 PM
    I agree. I don't think that a BlackBerry device needs to have the specs that some of these other devices have because BlackBerry devices are used differently. It wouldn't make much sense to have a snapdragon processor in a BlackBerry. I think that the screen resolution is really good. On paper iot doesn't seem to match up, but it definitely looks good in person.

The Storm could really use some added resolution and a stronger processor.
    04-25-10 10:08 PM
    Those android phones need that kind of processor with the way they multi-task. My Hero is very slow and gets bogged down when doing what seems like simple tasks, but are simple task done on top of many other tasks. BlackBerry has their brand of multi-tasking down pat and don't really require a monster processor. My Bold 9000 is faster than my wife's iPhone 3GS on many fronts, one in particular is firing up the camera to take a picture. And don't get me started on notifications. BB way of notifying is simple elegant and very effective. No need for flashy notifications or bunch of processor draining animation when a simple flashing red light is all you need.
    04-25-10 10:34 PM
    blackberry apps dont exactly ask much of the processor, which is kind of a circular thing, since they know the processor cant handle anything, you end up with text-based apps
    04-25-10 10:41 PM
    The next storm or the slider should have specs close to it. If not shame on RIM.

04-26-10 03:04 PM
    I agree that they don't really need to compete spec wise but some more memory should be standard with BBs...Atleast RIM seems to be noticing this as a necessity with the tour 3...I mean Bold 9650
    Last edited by b4k3d; 04-26-10 at 03:19 PM.
    04-26-10 03:16 PM
    The Storm could really use some added resolution and a stronger processor.
    I see your point with the Storm.

04-27-10 04:16 AM
    My Incredible arrives on Thursday and I'm really looking forward to it - Blackberry just doesn't feel 'smart' any more - It's a phenomenally good messaging platform, but that's about it, i don't feel like it wow's me anymore.
    04-27-10 08:14 AM
    As soon as I sell my storm 2 I'm going to order the Incredible. I really like my Storm 2 but I think it's time to try something different.
    04-27-10 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD