I'm glad some people are willing to see reason. It doesn't mean bb10's devices aren't sexy but I wish they kept all the features of BB7. I agree that specs don't make the phone. Android is a bloatfest that needs quad core just to run smoothly. It just really annoys me when people scream "OMGBESTEVER!" and are truly woefully ignorant and biased. They don't see reason.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-02-13 01:24 AM
    Get back to work! . Thanks Bla1ze, nice to know you guys are on top of it.
    No doubt.. we know you guys all want videos, help articles, comparisons and all that stuff. It's all coming, in fact most of it is already done in one way or another. The process we took with the Z10 is no different then any other review we've ever done, just go back and look at them all. We always have staggered out content in levels.. Review, videos, help and how to's, forum highlights etc. It's all a well calculated process. Like sex.. lol. If you go too quick, no one will come back for more haha!
    02-02-13 01:25 AM
    No doubt.. we know you guys all want videos, help articles, comparisons and all that stuff. It's all coming, in fact most of it is already done in one way or another. The process we took with the Z10 is no different then any other review we've ever done, just go back and look at them all. We always have staggered out content in levels.. Review, videos, help and how to's, forum highlights etc. It's all a well calculated process. Like sex.. lol. If you go too quick, no one will come back for more haha!
    thats a lie, i go to quick and my GF comes back for more :P
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-02-13 09:21 AM
    thats a lie, i go to quick and my GF comes back for more :P
    It's not for the sex then lol j/k
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-02-13 09:38 AM
    that maps file will work on OS 7.1 and below, not bb10....just FYI
    Hi Howarmat: That's a bummer! My bet is that there will be a work-around soon. thanks for the info!
    02-02-13 10:24 AM
    I'm thinking he had it written by someone else. Most of it.
    Considering it was released the sametime the BB launch event finished, kinda tells you they had been given some sort of embargo with special privileges. Even if there was something they disliked, they wouldn't of been allowed to say.
    02-02-13 10:32 AM
    What.. 27 posts in one day isn't enough for you? Nevermind the 6-8 hrs most of our writers spent on planes and getting some well earned rest, after unloading some of the best possible coverage from the launch events, doing podcasts, news appearances, radio shows, newspaper interviews and in general hanging out with the community at fan events on Toronto, London and New York lol. FTR, I'm excited for BlackBerry 10 and all the new things that come along with it, so don't get it twisted simply because I need a nap.
    Naps are overrated, which is why God created Red Bull.
    Get to work, man!!!!!!!

Sent from my SEXY HOT RED SGIII using Tapatalk 2
    randall2580 and kbz1960 like this.
    02-02-13 10:47 AM
    It's not for the sex then lol j/k
    No kidding.

After I go through the waxing and the conditioning and the moisturizing and the $$$$$ plunked down at VS and the candles and all the Waaaahooooo and expectation I want more than a three minute wonder...

Oooooooops.....back on topic.....

There are also a couple of threads here from people who actually got devices on the day that are VERY helpful.

jakie55 and kbz1960 like this.
    02-02-13 10:52 AM
    Hi Howarmat: That's a bummer! My bet is that there will be a work-around soon. thanks for the info!
    just sideload Google maps, Simon did a how to sideload android apps demo and he loaded up google maps to BB10
    02-02-13 10:57 AM
    No kidding.

After I go through the waxing and the conditioning and the moisturizing and the $$$$$ plunked down at VS and the candles and all the Waaaahooooo and expectation I want more than a three minute wonder...

Oooooooops.....back on topic.....

There are also a couple of threads here from people who actually got devices on the day that are VERY helpful.

psssh 3 minutes is a world record
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-02-13 10:58 AM
    Z10 does not do everything an Android or even iPhone does: no Google calendar fully functional, no push email, nobut good camera as I hear, no apps (I looked over the app world and could only find One app I currently use). I was really excited about this new bb but as usually I was let down. So what if design wise and hardware/software is pretty nice if you can't use it for what you need (Google drive, Dropbox, fandango, yelp, mobile banking, mass transit apps)
    02-02-13 11:03 AM
    I think the guys were deleriously happy and now they're coming down off the high and still very positive about the Z10. So it's all good.
    02-02-13 11:08 AM
    No kidding.

After I go through the waxing and the conditioning and the moisturizing and the $$$$$ plunked down at VS and the candles and all the Waaaahooooo and expectation I want more than a three minute wonder..qbnkelt

TMI You aren't allowed to have a soft personal romantic side, hugh notwithstanding. Now get back to those cut to the chase, logical IT type posts..
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-02-13 11:12 AM
    No kidding.

After I go through the waxing and the conditioning and the moisturizing and the $$$$$ plunked down at VS and the candles and all the Waaaahooooo and expectation I want more than a three minute wonder..qbnkelt

TMI You aren't allowed to have a soft personal romantic side, hugh notwithstanding. Now get back to those cut to the chase, logical IT type posts..

True......

Let's go back to discussing RIM hardware satisfaction and market penetration......

Attached Thumbnails Do you think Kevin and the team are stoked, or disappointed  ?-uploadfromtaptalk1359825713383.jpg  
    02-02-13 11:24 AM
    Ooh you tiny Celtic goddess you...
    02-02-13 11:27 AM
    Z10 does not do everything an Android or even iPhone does: no Google calendar fully functional, no push email, nobut good camera as I hear, no apps (I looked over the app world and could only find One app I currently use). I was really excited about this new bb but as usually I was let down. So what if design wise and hardware/software is pretty nice if you can't use it for what you need (Google drive, Dropbox, fandango, yelp, mobile banking, mass transit apps)
    lol why wouldn't tehre be push e mail, you can still use your Z10 with a BIS plan, thus push is included or use the Active Sync service which still has a push e mail, the same way the iPhone and Androids do. there is also the Blackberry calendar so why would you need Googles, Dropbox is there if i do remember. as well as there is always Sideloading, its a little more work but its totally possible to sideload apps from Android to BB10 and in some ways thats App function is allows for more fucntionality then either of the other OSs, we can actually play another OSs apps on our devices no one else can.

there are some flaws with BB10 but it is a new platform and the app ecosystem need to build up, once developers see that BB10 is gaining ground, which so far with the UK release it seems is happening, they will bring their apps naitivly to Bb10, its really only a matter of time
    02-02-13 01:24 PM
    No kidding.

Apparently your ferrets don't appreciate the candles. LOL
    playboldbook likes this.
    02-02-13 02:12 PM
    Hype can be great when launching a new highly anticipated and long awaited product, but it's important to keep somewhat grounded in terms of expectations. I think Kevin and the team were able to do this and recognize the bb10 for what it is. It's a great platform with some wonderful innovations and a solid foundation for many future improvements over the next decade. Maybe it didn't absolutely blow us all away but it is definately comparable and better in many ways than what is out there right now. It only gets better from here. My thanks to Kevin and team for a great contribution to the bb experience! Cheers!
    02-02-13 03:18 PM
    You tell them b1aze! Tell them good! LOL! Yeah they were tired and say that in the podcast. And they even said it wasn't perfect. But that said if it was perfect then b1aze, kevin and the rest would have a job and they would only review apps I guess. They keep us on our toes and just imagine how tired they were with all the sleepless nights and so on as b1aze said. So go on witcho bad self
    02-03-13 01:13 AM
69 123