Try this

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Hel...0/td-p/5895988

http://community.giffgaff.com/t5/Lea...y/ta-p/3520913

let me know,

there are several tips there as it seems there may be a giffgaff issue and others have reported not being able to make texts or calls.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    GlamGemini likes this.
    01-06-13 12:20 PM
    Try this

settings need for bb bold 9780 - The giffgaff community

How to giffgaff a Blackberry - The giffgaff community

let me know,

there are several tips there as it seems there may be a giffgaff issue and others have reported not being able to make texts or calls.

I thought mine was a GiffGaff issue, i contacted the ask an agent who assured me my SIM was absolutely fine, I'm having a good read through all that. I daren't do too much with the phone in case it is going back. I've tried manual roam a few times then a quick battery pull, when the phone is on, it says 3g in the corner in small letters I think.

I'm going to try my SIM in my mums blackberry just to see if it really is the phone.
    Thank you for all your help, am sure I'll be needing you again
    01-06-13 02:10 PM
    No problem, don't listen to the customer rep I do not know how many times I have received misleading and incorrect information from Rogers, and I still do.

Hope it works out!

GlamGemini likes this.
    01-06-13 02:11 PM
    I hope it works out. Was looking forward to having a BB then putting the SIM card in and away I went.........or so I thought.

Off to try my SIM in my mum's blackberry,see if that works, fingers crossed.
    01-06-13 02:20 PM
    I hope it works out. Was looking forward to having a BB then putting the SIM card in and away I went.........or so I thought.

Off to try my SIM in my mum's blackberry,see if that works, fingers crossed.
    Good luck! let us know what happens.

GlamGemini likes this.
    01-06-13 02:22 PM
    The SIM didn't work in my mums BlackBerry, but to be honest I think her's is locked to virgin or something.

Also, my mum has tried her virgin SIM in the refurb 9780, same story again ,can't do a thing with the phone, can't call anyone or text and that weird message saying numbers don't exist.

What do I tell them in the shop? Have never known anything like it.
    01-06-13 02:50 PM
    What do I tell them in the shop? Have never known anything like it.
    What you've just told us here... it doesn't work
    01-06-13 02:58 PM
    Well basically tell them they sold you a unlocked blackberry 9780 that doesn't accept any Sim card you tried. Remind them that you are extremely disappointed and request another device. They will probably try to weasel out of the deal like any shop that sells refurbished devices would.

How long ago did you buy it, usually you have a certain period of time to return refurbished items back.
    01-06-13 03:02 PM
    Take the sim in too, and demonstrate how it doesn't work. At best they'll replace it. At worst they may fix the issue. Oh, and don't forget to take your sim out if they replace it.
    What you've just told us here... it doesn't work

I cannot tell them any other really. I'm not sure if they would refund me with it being a refurb, its meant to be an A graded refurb so should be perfect I think they said a refund only in extreme circumstances.
    Well basically tell them they sold you a unlocked blackberry 9780 that doesn't accept any Sim card you tried. Remind them that you are extremely disappointed and request another device. They will probably try to weasel out of the deal like any shop that sells refurbished devices would.

How long ago did you buy it, usually you have a certain period of time to return refurbished items back.
    I only bought it on Friday evening, the 4th January.
    01-06-13 03:04 PM
    Take the sim in too, and demonstrate how it doesn't work. At best they'll replace it. At worst they may fix the issue. Oh, and don't forget to take your sim out if they replace it.
    I plan on taking the sim in the phone to show them how it doesn't work. I wish I could just get my money back and buy one elsewhere that works.
    01-06-13 03:04 PM
    Did you try it there or was it sealed in a box, or is this the first time you are trying it? Definitely bring it back there and describe your situation.
    01-06-13 03:06 PM
    Doesn't matter that it's a refurb. They sold you something that doesn't work, and they are legally obliged to exchange or repair it.
    GlamGemini likes this.
    01-06-13 03:06 PM
    Did you try it there or was it sealed in a box, or is this the first time you are trying it? Definitely bring it back there and describe your situation.
    No I didn't try it there, it was put straight in the box and then tried soon as I got home. Have tried all weekend to get it to work to no avail.
    01-06-13 03:08 PM
    Doesn't matter that it's a refurb. They sold you something that doesn't work, and they are legally obliged to exchange or repair it.
    I think they will exchange it, if they have that model in, I don't know about a refund. I kinda wish I could just get my money back, if I'd known I'd have all this bother I wouldn't of bothered and got one at the carphone warehouse or something.
    01-06-13 03:09 PM
    Well you learned a valuable lesson if nothing always check it. I would bring it back and say it never worked and ask for your money back which might be tricky to get. But they have to exchange it or repair and I'm sure you don't want that one now so you'd probably be best with an exchange.
    GlamGemini likes this.
    01-06-13 03:11 PM
    Dodgy for sure..
    01-06-13 03:13 PM
    Well you learned a valuable lesson if nothing always check it. I would bring it back and say it never worked and ask for your money back which might be tricky to get. But they have to exchange it or repair and I'm sure you don't want that one now so you'd probably be best with an exchange.
    Indeed I did learn a lesson
    Yep I could try that, see if I can get my money back. I mean I'm finding the call volume a bit too low with my hearing aids as well, which I wasn't expecting as my mum has a BlackBerry, that was the only thing I could call the Virgin 789 helpline lol.

Wish I could just get my money back, am worried in case I get another dodgy one.
    01-06-13 03:17 PM
    Where did you buy it from??
    GlamGemini likes this.
    01-06-13 03:20 PM
    Where did you buy it from??
    Entertainment Exchange.
    01-06-13 03:23 PM
    Ok

When you put in any Sim card what do you see in the right corner??
    Do you see 2g, Edge or 3G and 4 dots?
    01-06-13 03:25 PM
    Ok

When you put in any Sim card what do you see in the right corner??
    Do you see 2g, Edge or 3G and 4 dots?
    Just says 3G and then the signal not dots though, just bars I think.
    01-06-13 03:29 PM
    132a St Albans Road
    Watford

From here?
    01-06-13 03:30 PM
    132a St Albans Road
    Watford

From here?
    Eh?
    01-06-13 03:32 PM
59 123