I know the whole "Android vs. BB10" thing is getting old at this point, but I have a nagging question about it: Blackberry has mentioned further investment into BB10, and we presume some degree of investment into apps and services for Android if they switch to some secure Android OS solution.

How feasible is it, on Blackberry's constrained budget, to think that they could provide support for BB10 and a secured Android environment? Do they have the kind of development talent and resources to make this happen? It just doesn't really seem likely to me.

What do you all think?
    08-13-15 08:37 AM
    BB10 is mostly done, so is Android but they just need to secure it. So I think its definitely possible

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    08-13-15 08:38 AM
    Most probably... if they go android, BlackBerry 10 will be used exclusively for connected devices like cars

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 08:41 AM
    BB10 is mostly done, so is Android but they just need to secure it. So I think its definitely possible

 Posted by Passport, BlackBerry's Beast 
    Afraid you are right.... BB10 is mostly done...

Most probably... if they go android, BlackBerry 10 will be used exclusively for connected devices like cars

Posted via CB10
    ?

I've seen a concept car or two that had a BB10 "look" to them. But I haven't seen BB10 being used in cars. Most cars don't really need all the bloat that a smartphone has... they just need to interface with a smartphone and display that data. Something that is being done without BB10 right now. QNX can already communicate security without BB10 help.... so sadly I don't see any use for BB10 if they go Android. Let's face it... if it isn't good enough to sell $500 smartphones, I doubt anyone is going to want it in $50,000 cars.
    08-13-15 09:10 AM
    Afraid you are right.... BB10 is mostly done...

?

I've seen a concept car or two that had a BB10 "look" to them. But I haven't seen BB10 being used in cars. Most cars don't really need all the bloat that a smartphone has... they just need to interface with a smartphone and display that data. Something that is being done without BB10 right now. QNX can already communicate security without BB10 help.... so sadly I don't see any use for BB10 if they go Android. Let's face it... if it isn't good enough to sell $500 smartphones, I doubt anyone is going to want it in $50,000 cars.
    Well what they have in cars is basically a very toned down version of BlackBerry 10. That's what I meant.

Posted via CB10
    08-13-15 10:31 AM