I left BlackBerry in late 2010 after using it for years. I have been using Android since. I have a Droid Razr Maxx on VZW and while I love this phone, I still have some blackberry nostalgia! I just miss the feel, the OS, the keyboard, battery life (even though my current phone's battery life kicks ).

I work now and I pull a couple 12 hour shifts a week. Thinking it would be cool to switch between my phone and a cheap BB esp on those long nights, or times I travel and just want a cheap phone.

Am I just crazy? Lol. Bold is too expensive for me but I was thinking maybe a cheap Curve would be good?

Posted from my Droid Razr Maxx.
    10-26-12 05:30 AM
    Not crazy.. A lot of people do it. I typically always have more than one device on the go, just how it has to be. Some things.. BB is great at and some things, well, it fails miserably at for my use cases. I have an iPhone 5, Galaxy Nexus, SGS3, Galaxy Note and a Bold 9900.. the Bold 9900 is always close while I switch the others up often.
    10-26-12 06:00 AM
    Not crazy.. A lot of people do it. I typically always have more than one device on the go, just how it has to be. Some things.. BB is great at and some things, well, it fails miserably at for my use cases. I have an iPhone 5, Galaxy Nexus, SGS3, Galaxy Note and a Bold 9900.. the Bold 9900 is always close while I switch the others up often.
    Yep, a lot of people are so unhappy today they can't even pick a phone and just use it, they always feel they're missing out. God forbid using one phone for 2 years, imagine the embarrassment.
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-26-12 06:11 AM
    I have a cell phone addiction you might say. I have a 9650, iP4s, and a Droid Razr. I swap between the BB and the 4s frequently. I also have a 16g Playbook and an iPad3
    10-26-12 08:23 AM
    I currently have a 9900 and a playbook, waiting and hoping for bb10 to come to the playbook. My daily driver is the galaxy note.
    randall2580 likes this.
    10-26-12 08:25 AM
    And here I thought I was the only one! I have a Galaxy Note, iPhone 4s and a Bold 9900. I swap between the Bold and Note weekly. My daily driver is the Note but I pop my sim into the Blackberry a few times per week. Why? I like the button feel size and notification light. The iPhone is an iPod mostly. I've even put my bold on Craigslist and have a buyer lined up. I really don't want to sell it but I'd feel like a backing out.
    10-26-12 08:41 AM
    Yep, a lot of people are so unhappy today they can't even pick a phone and just use it, they always feel they're missing out. God forbid using one phone for 2 years, imagine the embarrassment.
    No, a lot of us don't feel that we owe an allegiance to a piece of plastic and are open to new things, new experiences, and learning about what's around us, without putting our heads in the sand. Because of that open mind, I use what interests me and what draws me in.

I've got several BBs, two iPhones, two Android, and an iPad. I use them as the mood strikes.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    10-26-12 08:47 AM
    I switch between PlayBook and iPhone 4S a lot. Don't have a BB phone right now, though.
    10-26-12 08:56 AM
    Yep. For me it is the Torch 9850 and the Bold 9930 on VZW. I also have the razr maxx which I don't take out but tinker with at home.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    10-26-12 09:31 AM
    Hey ol' buddy!! I currently use a SGS3 and 9700, both on T-Mo. The SGS3 is my main line, and I use the 9700 primarily for BBM and I do make some calls on it as well. Once BB10 hits I'll have the best of both worlds and will be able to get rid of my 2nd line. BTW, I had VZW for about a 4 month stint and it was a very expensive mistake. Customer service was horrible, it was a pain in the @$$ to switch between my Rezound and 9930, and I was paying more for one line on VZW than I am now for two on T-Mo. Then of course there was the early termination fees, but that was my decision.
    bungaboy and MarsupilamiX like this.
    10-26-12 09:40 AM
    Seems like a lot of people feel the same way. I have a Galaxy Note, a HP Touchpad and a Playbook but I've just realised that I can't live without that BB keyboard so I got a Curve 9320 for daily use.

Relatively inexpensive and a joy to use.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    10-26-12 09:40 AM
    No, a lot of us don't feel that we owe an allegiance to a piece of plastic and are open to new things, new experiences, and learning about what's around us, without putting our heads in the sand. Because of that open mind, I use what interests me and what draws me in.

I've got several BBs, two iPhones, two Android, and an iPad. I use them as the mood strikes.

This, this, 5000 times this.
    jakie55 and MarsupilamiX like this.
    10-26-12 09:41 AM

That's fine but not all at the same time, make your choice and stick to it, whatever you choose.

Then again I am the loyal type, to my wife, kids, business, clients etc, why should my phone be any different? My laptops are used until they no longer work.

Getting bored of a phone in a week is such a first world problem.

You have no loyalty to a piece of plastic so you end up with one of each, that is not something to brag about in my view.
    10-26-12 11:57 AM
    Then again I am the loyal type, to my wife, kids, business, clients etc, why should my phone be any different?
    Because your wife, kids, and clients are living breathing people and it's important to foster a relationship with them. Your phone is just a tool. There are consequences if you are unloyal to your wife. There are no consequences if you want to try a different phone manufacturer.
    10-26-12 12:03 PM
    That's fine but not all at the same time, make your choice and stick to it, whatever you choose.

Then again I am the loyal type, to my wife, kids, business, clients etc, why should my phone be any different? My laptops are used until they no longer work.

You have no loyalty to a piece of plastic so you end up with one of each, that is not something to brag about in my view.
    Loyalty to a piece of plastic makes no sense to me.

It's just a phone, not one's family, friends, colleagues. Categorizing phones in the same manner as people is problematic to me.
    10-26-12 12:08 PM
    Doing it now. I like to try new things then fall back on what works best for me. Between the Bold 99xx series and my EVO and a PlayBook I'm a happy camper. Better start saving for BB10 though or my fingers will start to twitch.
    Here are a few of them I found sitting around..

Not including others that are broken or my 9930. Wife is using it at the moment and on the road.
    Attached Thumbnails Do you own a BB and another phone and switch back and forth?-img_00000027.jpg   Do you own a BB and another phone and switch back and forth?-__temp__1339563385_615_imag0945.jpg  
    Last edited by axllebeer; 10-26-12 at 12:34 PM.
    10-26-12 12:15 PM
    Why?!?! What are we choosing, sides in a battle? Some ideological philosophical argument like abortion, capital punishment, arms control? Politics? It's a piece plastic and glass with little bits of wire. I hold no allegiance to inanimate objects.

Then again I am the loyal type, to my wife, kids, business, clients etc, why should my phone be any different?
    You just compared your wife and children....your family.....to a piece of plastic that you did not design, did not invent, did not bring to the market. I'm just going to let you wallow in that comparison.

My laptops are used until they no longer work.
    I buy as many electronics equipment as I can afford when I can afford them. I also buy shoes. And pants....I have loads of those. Many other things. And I use them as I please.

So laughable.
    1) I am not bored of a phone, I simply *like* many phones.
    2) Criticising someone's decision on phones is more of a first world problem than buying them in the first place

Really, BD, you have really gone off the brink this time. I believe that statement takes the Fanboi of the Year Award for 2012.

You're right! No alleagiance AT ALL to plastic. And I'm answering a post as to how many devices people use. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm not the only one who enjoys tech.

By the way, while we're talking....there is a hurricane coming our way this weekend. There is an iOS and Android app for the OPM Operating Status which tells us whether the government will be closed, pushed to our phones. Guess who doesn't have it....that's right, BB. So I will receive that notification to my other two devices, but not my BB. Ain't that something....

What a ridiculous way to think....allegiance to plastic. Asinine.
    10-26-12 12:19 PM
    Because your wife, kids, and clients are living breathing people and it's important to foster a relationship with them. Your phone is just a tool. There are consequences if you are unloyal to your wife. There are no consequences if you want to try a different phone manufacturer.
    Aaaa, but there are, there's financial consequences as you probably know well . The same reason I don't own 4 toaster, 4 ovend, 4 cars, 4 radios, 4 TVs, 4 Cable tv subscriptions, 4 land lines I'm sure you get it.

I have nothing against it really, but it's not something to brag about. In my view you've been had by clever advertisers.
    10-26-12 12:26 PM
    BTW, there's no such thing as "trying" a phone for 30 days in UK, you buy it, it's yours, no exchange.
    10-26-12 12:29 PM
    Aaaa, but there are, there's financial consequences as you probably know well . The same reason I don't own 4 toaster, 4 ovend, 4 cars, 4 radios, 4 TVs, 4 Cable tv subscriptions, 4 land lines I'm sure you get it.

I have nothing against it really, but it's not something to brag about. In my view you've been had by clever advertisers.
    Hardly. Mobile tech is a hobby for me. And who's bragging anyway?? My parents collect fine art worth thousands of dollars. I don't get it, it doesn't interest me, but I humor them by letting them tell me the story behind the new artwork they've acquired each time I go to visit them. It makes them happy so I don't question how they spend their money. Likewise, I'm fascinated by mobile tech. It's fun to play around with. My parents have a "dumbphone" but they humor me when I show them what all my phone can do when I visit them. And my mom has actually asked for a Kindle Fire for Christmas!
    10-26-12 12:34 PM
    BTW, there's no such thing as "trying" a phone for 30 days in UK, you buy it, it's yours, no exchange.
    So is there a rule in the UK that says you can't sell a device you no longer want to someone?
    10-26-12 12:36 PM
    Why?!?! What are we choosing, sides in a battle? Some ideological philosophical argument like abortion, capital punishment, arms control? Politics? It's a piece plastic and glass with little bits of wire. I hold no allegiance to inanimate objects.

You just compared your wife and children....your family.....to a piece of plastic that you did not design, did not invent, did not bring to the market. I'm just going to let you wallow in that comparison.

I buy as many electronics equipment as I can afford when I can afford them. I also buy shoes. And pants....I have loads of those. Many other things. And I use them as I please.

So laughable.
    1) I am not bored of a phone, I simply *like* many phones.
    2) Criticising someone's decision on phones is more of a first world problem than buying them in the first place

Really, BD, you have really gone off the brink this time. I believe that statement takes the Fanboi of the Year Award for 2012.

You're right! No alleagiance AT ALL to plastic. And I'm answering a post as to how many devices people use. In case you hadn't noticed, I'm not the only one who enjoys tech.

By the way, while we're talking....there is a hurricane coming our way this weekend. There is an iOS and Android app for the OPM Operating Status which tells us whether the government will be closed, pushed to our phones. Guess who doesn't have it....that's right, BB. So I will receive that notification to my other two devices, but not my BB. Ain't that something....

What a ridiculous way to think....allegiance to plastic. Asinine.
    Wow, calm down, I'm all for trying other phones but the problem is I like qwerty, I hate typing on glass, I like keyboard shortcuts. Can you please suggest a phone I can try that's better then my 9900?

My choice is made easy for me by a process of elimination.

I've always liked qwerty, before I got my first BB I had a Nokia E61 qwerty.

So let me hear it. What phone should I have a look at?
    10-26-12 12:40 PM
    So is there a rule in the UK that says you can't sell a device you no longer want to someone?
    Actually yes, the carrier owns the phone until the end of the contract as they're 100% subsidized, never pay for a phone, they're free on contract. But it's never enforced tho.
    10-26-12 12:42 PM
    Wow, calm down, I'm all for trying other phones but the problem is I like qwerty, I hate typing on glass, I like keyboard shortcuts. Can you please suggest a phone I can try that's better then my 9900?

My choice is made easy for me by a process of elimination.

I've always liked qwerty, before I got my first BB I had a Nokia E61 qwerty.

So let me hear it. What phone should I have a look at?
    Nobody says you have to try any other phone. However, stating that folks who try other phones have "a problem" and comparing phones to family relationships is what I take issue with.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    10-26-12 12:47 PM
    Actually yes, the carrier owns the phone until the end of the contract as they're 100% subsidized, never pay for a phone, they're free on contract. But it's never enforced tho.
    See here, it's different. If I up and decided I didn't want my SGS3 anymore, I can sell it on ebay for $450 since it's in pristine condition, I have everything that came in the box, plus an Incipio Feather case. That's $450 I can use toward another phone that I want.
    10-26-12 12:48 PM
106 123 ...