Do you listen to music on your blackberry, or do you prefer an ipod/iphone for music?
    Yes I do, I changed the ear phones for a much better model and the sound is great.
    01-27-11 10:15 AM
    Absolutely not. Every BlackBerry blows as a music / multimedia device. I stick with my SansaView and I am much happier for that.
    Did you at least try?
    01-27-11 10:17 AM
    I felt the same way when I had my blackberry and as an mp3 player android also falls short.

This is the area where ipod excells and is second to none.
    IPhone, IPod are great devices for music, but the earphones really and I mean really suck. I've never had a MP3 device with great head or earphones. Always had to change them to a superior ones such as Future Sonics Atrio series. If you like your bass frequencies this is one you should get.
    01-27-11 10:23 AM
    IPhone, IPod are great devices for music, but the earphones really and I mean really suck. I've never had a MP3 device with great head or earphones. Always had to change them to a superior ones...
    +1
    The devices put out great sound but the Apple earphones that come with their devices limit the user from hearing it. From my experience and understanding, they are just loud.
    01-27-11 10:29 AM
    My 9650 with the 6.0 OS has always been my music option. internet radio, my own music, podcasts, movies....I bluetooth it or connect via cassette adapter(for best quality).
    01-27-11 11:01 AM
    I use Shure SE115m+ sound isolating headset with my BB for listening to music.
    01-27-11 11:19 AM
    Why carry around two devices? BB is fine as an mp3 player and if I get tired of "my" music I can fire up Nobex.
    01-27-11 11:32 AM
    My blackberry is my MP3 player, I use it most the day at work, and in the car. I stream music 5 or so hours a day and use the mp3 player a lot also. The battery life is really really good
    01-27-11 11:44 AM
    Used it as such on my old 8330, my old 9550. Then again, my requirements aren't anything to cry home about.
    01-27-11 12:58 PM
    I believe they're a rare breed, but most people can't hear the subtle differences with regards to audio fidelity.

And if you're a true audiophile, why in the ducking world will you talk about audio fidelity from a BB?
    Hihg fidelity music on a MP3 player? the high and low frequencies are all compress, no definition....Music on any MP3 player is like listening to an old AM radio.
    01-27-11 01:07 PM
    1) Yes. As a matter of fact I do know what I'm talking about.

2) Yeah. These are probably the wrong headphones. Sennheiser USA - Dynamic Stereo Headphones - HD 800 High Sound Quality - Personal Audio

Your opinion notwithstanding MY opinion is unchaged.
    Then you really dont know what you are talking about. Using those headphones with your BB without a headphone amp is just crazy. What a waste. You need real high end circuitry to power those cans. No wonder they sound terrible. Seriously though, maybe explain your opinion a little and people wont jump all over your comments.
    01-27-11 01:28 PM
    I never ever use my bb as my media player. I have tried it a few times, but both times deleted all the music files off by the end of the day, I have 2 Ipods that I keep in docking stations all the time. I'd rather use my berry for messaging and calling
    01-27-11 01:43 PM
    Hihg fidelity music on a MP3 player? the high and low frequencies are all compress, no definition....Music on any MP3 player is like listening to an old AM radio.
    Those AM stations must've sounded clear, crisp, and precise.
    01-27-11 01:52 PM
    Sure i do. I don't really want to carry another device when this one works just fine. I love having an SD Card slot.
    01-27-11 02:21 PM
    I do listen to my BB9700 sometimes, but the interface isn't that great on it. Also if I am at the gym and hit the button on the side to turn up the music. Sometimes it forwards to the next song and sometimes turns it up. ( seems random ) I also find the processor a little slow where it needs to catch up sometimes so you get skips in the music or pauses. The interface doesn't do that great of job with volume. If I hook my 9700 in my vehicle and turn the sound up all the way. It's really not that loud compared to my iPod.
    01-27-11 02:39 PM
    Then you really dont know what you are talking about. Using those headphones with your BB without a headphone amp is just crazy. What a waste. You need real high end circuitry to power those cans. No wonder they sound terrible. Seriously though, maybe explain your opinion a little and people wont jump all over your comments.
    Future Sonics have developped a great line of earphones for MP3 players, the Super Atrio line. They specialize in in-ear monitors for professional musicians, they are a bit expensive but cost less than an hearing aid.
    01-27-11 03:12 PM
    Those AM stations must've sounded clear, crisp, and precise.
    Very clear and crisp, but you had to stay very close to the AM radio station,l stand still and hold your phone in the air for a better reception . True using AM radio for compairaison is a bit to much. But the sound coming out of an MP3 is'nt great.
    01-27-11 03:41 PM
    1) Yes. As a matter of fact I do know what I'm talking about.

2) Yeah. These are probably the wrong headphones. Sennheiser USA - Dynamic Stereo Headphones - HD 800 High Sound Quality - Personal Audio

Your opinion notwithstanding MY opinion is unchaged.
    LMFAO!! You want us to believe you use $1700 Headphones to listen to music on an mp3 player OR a blackberry?

You're not an audiophile, you're an audio-fool.
    01-27-11 04:23 PM
    I'm not really expecting mind-blowing quality out of the DSP of something like a BlackBerry, or any other smart phone (maybe iPhone?). Then again, it comes down to what bitrate things are encoded. FLAC might take down your battery a little quicker than your run-of-the-mill MP3s (128-160kbps). But, given the right DSP, lossless is the way to go.
    01-27-11 05:05 PM
    LMFAO!! You want us to believe you use $1700 Headphones to listen to music on an mp3 player OR a blackberry?

You're not an audiophile, you're an audio-fool.
    No dip****. You made the assumption I listen to MP3s. I don't but anyone other than a dumbass like you would have figured that out on their own. Thank you for playing, now, Go TF away.

And FWIW my home system easily cost 3 times your annual salary so save your derision for someone to whom it will matter.
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 01-27-11 at 05:30 PM.
    01-27-11 05:27 PM
    No dip****. You made the assumption I listen to MP3s. I don't but anyone other than a dumbass like you would have figured that out on their own. Thank you for playing, now, Go TF away.

And FWIW my home system easily cost 3 times your annual salary so save your derision for someone to whom it will matter.
    Wow!

That reply was amazingly graceless.
    rick0415, CASH and nuangel2 like this.
    01-27-11 05:49 PM
    lmfao!! You want us to believe you use $1700 headphones to listen to music on an mp3 player or a blackberry?

You're not an audiophile, you're an audio-fool. :d:d:d:d
    pawned!!!!
    01-27-11 06:07 PM
    OK, everyone who's hot under the collar--go grab yourselves a beer, reflect, and consider how to phrase your apologies. that was ALL uncalled for.
    CASH likes this.
    01-27-11 08:37 PM
    Music is supposed to calm the BlackBerry beast!
    01-27-11 10:56 PM
    i use my 9300 to listen to music, especially while mountain biking and walking my dog. i also watch the occasional YouTube video, and i'm starting to really enjoy the BB Podcast app, although i haven't used it much so far.

using any MP3 player is a compromise in sound quality, but it works fine and i never stop in the middle of a trail ride to criticise it. i've been trying to rip audio in lossless formats lately, but when i rip to MP3, i always do it at a minimum of 192k or 256k bitrate: anything less and the sound quality does start to annoy me, and anything more and the files are just too big for my liking.

i haven't gotten around to getting a bigger mSD card yet, so i'm still rocking the 2GB that came with the 9300 (i had a 4GB in my previous phone, but it was the spring-loaded type, and rocketed out of the slot and across my living room one day, and i still haven't found it). as it is, i still have enough room for enough music to get me through a 3-hour bike ride, which works for me. i also change up my playlist every so often anyway (depending on my mood, the weather, etc), so i don't mind sync'ing to change the available music. FWIW, i'm using DM6 and OS 5. i actually like OS5's media player, since it does what i need it to do: i don't need fancy cover-flow navigation when i'm rarely looking at the device anyway (but for the record, i haven't had any problems with album art sync'ing from iTunes to BB media player, as long as the album art is in the proper folder in the iTunes file, and not linking from somewhere else on my computer). i also dig Curve's top-mounted media player buttons.

one of the biggest reasons i like the BB for music is the Bluetooth support: i recently won a Tunebug Shake, which is a small device that mounts on cycling/skating/snowboarding helmets, and basically turns them into a speaker. the benefit of this is that i can listen to music while biking, but i can still here other people coming towards me on the trail. it's much safer than wearing headphones. the cool thing about the Shake is that it's got stereo BT audio support, so i just pair it up with my 9300 and don't have to worry about an audio cable snagging on tree branches or whatever (although it does have an 1/8th" audio input as well). it does affect battery life, but i still get a good two hours out of my BB playing music over BT (and i've yet to run too low on a battery using the regular audio output, even pushing 4 hours of music).
    01-28-11 12:53 AM
204 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD