Yup, I. Love the Wi-Fi music sync thing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-11 06:32 AM
    I only listen to Music on my BB when my iPod's battery is empty but I use my BB's earphones on my iPod. IMHO iPods sound quality is the best.

01-26-11 07:00 AM
    I love to listen to music on my Style. The interface on the player is great, and I can do almost everything with the flip closed. I can set up playlists, I can sync them just fine, I can transfer stuff in several ways... and oh, I can even swap out cards if I really wanted too. Heck, get a tiny pillbox and you can fill it with enough cards to hold a hard drive worth of music. I don't get the worry about album art, honestly; I don't do more than glance at it if it's there. Most of the time the phone's in my pocket so I'm not looking at it. If it's not in my pocket, I'm doing some other task, so the cover art isn't being looked at anyway. Pandora and the radio apps I have are also great. I can't get AM radio on my iPod. (And dang, I can now listen to my Blackhawks games. Wheeeeee!)
    rick0415 likes this.
    01-26-11 07:06 AM
    I love to listen to music on my Style. The interface on the player is great, and I can do almost everything with the flip closed. I can set up playlists, I can sync them just fine, I can transfer stuff in several ways... and oh, I can even swap out cards if I really wanted too. Heck, get a tiny pillbox and you can fill it with enough cards to hold a hard drive worth of music. I don't get the worry about album art, honestly; I don't do more than glance at it if it's there. Most of the time the phone's in my pocket so I'm not looking at it. If it's not in my pocket, I'm doing some other task, so the cover art isn't being looked at anyway. Pandora and the radio apps I have are also great. I can't get AM radio on my iPod. (And dang, I can now listen to my Blackhawks games. Wheeeeee!)
    I'm with you and Album Art, I don't understand why I want it? I was very upset with Windows Media Player when it started downloading Album Art for my music collection, it eats up useless space, even if Space isn't at a premium like on my desktop, I listen to music, not watch it, the new iPod Nano I think is the stupidest idea for a MP3 player, being completely touch screen yet so small means I have to look at it for song navigation, I like being able to reach up to my arm band and select next song.

in my ideal world I'll get a BT watch that will use my BB GPS to track a run like my Garmin watch does, but display the details on the watch, as well as allow me to control music from my BB from the watch meaning I don't even need to have access to the buttons! mmmmm sweet dreaming....
    01-26-11 09:07 AM
    I use my BB to listen to music and streamed music stations. I use both the earbuds and bluetooth and have no complaints with either.
    01-26-11 09:29 AM
    Yeah, why would I carry around a second device just for listening to music?
    rick0415 likes this.
    01-26-11 09:35 AM
    I fancy myself as a bit of an audiophile (albeit on the cheap!), but I accept the trade-off between quality and convenience. Personally, I prefer the iPhone's UI, but to be honest it's all about what you're used to. Perhaps the apple is a little more instantly accessible, but I dare say the way you come to listen to music differs device-to-device anyway.

The only thing I'm struggling with as far as listening to music on my 9780 goes is downloading tracks directly to the device - can anyone recommend an app to buy songs directly, rather than syncing with a PC?
    01-26-11 09:42 AM
    Yes, my phone is always rocking the tunes. When I'm in the car sometimes I stream Pandora through the speakers to avoid radio commercials. I even listen to youtube videos like that once in a while. And when I'm walking, it makes the perfect mp3 player.
    I also record songs on my ukulele with voice notes for playback and transfer.
    By the way, why do you guys need so much storage for music, I have 344 songs on a 2 gig card! And still room for all the apps I can handle.

edit: As for how I feel about iPods for music, they are fine if you can handle iTunes. I use my iPad for Netflix cause I don't have to sync. It's the difference of plugging my phone and dropping some files as opposed to waiting for iTunes to sync, if I just got a new song or album I don't have to time to wait for iTunes to sync, it takes less than two minutes to connect by BB, you don't have to open DM, then just open the drive find the music folder, drag and drop to copy. It works in reverse too and is the reason I don't have an iPhone. I want to be in control of what I can and cannot add when and how.
    Last edited by aawilson; 01-26-11 at 10:23 AM.
    01-26-11 09:54 AM
    Yes, Hairydan - Amazon MP3. Has track preview and integrates well with other apps such as Shazam. Shazam will identify a track you are listening to, and you can click to purchase the app and it uses Amazon MP3. Plus, all of your purchases are DRM FREE - use it wherever and however you want after purchase.

I also use my BB as my music player. I use stereo bluetooth to stream to my car stereo while driving, and my home theater receiver when I am home. Works great. I have to laugh at these people who say the BB is a total piece of crap for music, and the reason is because some "audiophiles" can detect a slight difference in quality. There are some major exaggerations taking place in this thread..lol

BTW, adding the stereo bluetooth adapter to my home system made things very convenient. I love just keeping my music and playlists on my phone and just wirelessly streaming to my auto and home players whenever I want to listen.

Last edited by jhimmel; 01-26-11 at 10:02 AM.
    01-26-11 09:56 AM
    All the time! I'm constantly adding new music and pictures. My blackberry would be boring if it couldn't do that. The sound quality is awesome too, no problems at all. Earphones were pretty stylish too haha..

01-26-11 10:06 AM
    Yes, Hairydan - Amazon MP3. Has track preview and integrates well with other apps such as Shazam. Shazam will identify a track you are listening to, and you can click to purchase the app and it uses Amazon MP3. Plus, all of your purchases are DRM FREE - use it wherever and however you want after purchase.
    Cheers, I'll check that out

On the whole MP3 "audiophile" thing, discussing which MP3 player delivers the best sound quality is a little like expounding the qualities of your favourite venereal disease - none of them are good compared to a CD, and that's a fact. But that's not really the point of MP3, it was never meant to compete on quality, just convenience, and on that front it beats CD hands down!
    01-26-11 10:11 AM
    Look for it on App World hairydan.

01-26-11 10:34 AM
    I listen to MiRoamer on my blackberry.

01-26-11 10:39 AM
    Look for it on App World hairydan.
    Bummer, according to App World it's not available on my device. I can only assume it's a location thing (I'm in the UK) as it lists the 9780 as supported.
    01-26-11 10:50 AM
    Well... I can't help but to use my bb for my musical pleasure, after all great quality digital eq and being able to creat my play list am satisfied with my bb esp media on bb6 great ui

01-26-11 10:56 AM
    I'm currently listening to sirius XM on my BB. Nice little app that works well.
    01-26-11 11:04 AM
    I listen to my Media player, Pandora, or Tunein Radio with no issues at all.
    Last edited by Blacklatino; 01-26-11 at 11:10 AM.
    01-26-11 11:07 AM
    Bummer, according to App World it's not available on my device. I can only assume it's a location thing (I'm in the UK) as it lists the 9780 as supported.
    Not sure. Its very new. I had the same problem as you. I got it through the BB BetaZone and its working great. Can you set up an account at Amazon.com on your computer? If so, I'm guessing the app will work once installed because it just uses your account.

Another alternative app for downloading to your BB is 7digital. This works pretty well too. I used it before the Amazon app was available. Switched to Amazon when available because that's what I use at home.

Good luck man.

01-26-11 11:09 AM
    There's no real substitute for dedicated media players (i.e. "iPod") when it comes to having your entire library at your fingertips.

However, for my needs (excuse me, wants) when it comes to mobile music access, my BlackBerry works just fine. I love the offline caching with Slacker Radio, so I don't even have to worry about it when I'm on the subway or have no signal, and it's easily enough to throw songs onto the media card as well.

I also own an 80GB iPod, which I frankly rarely use anymore.
    SSmaster likes this.
    01-26-11 11:11 AM
    Right now I am listening to the First 2 portions of the Genesis Archive 1 set, which is the Lamb concert from 1975.

This set was retracked by Peter Gabriel for release....I wish I could get my hands on the original audio with Peter's original vocals.........
    01-26-11 11:13 AM
    A "Wowee one" speaker, works brilliantly with my BB, The reviews are very good, even sound engineers rate them highly.
    The cheapest site I found is "Gon shopping" at �39.99 and free delivery.
    01-26-11 11:23 AM
    First, Blackberry audio quality is just fine for casual listening... and I can rock out on my 9650 just fine!

My Blackberry also displays artist, album, and cover art with not problem. The best way to ensure this is to sync your music via a program like WMP or *cringe* iTunes. They do the exact same thing. Steve Jobs has created a race of insecure people who wouldn't know how to wipe their but if there "wasn't an app for that."

There are dozens of ways to sync your music, its not a BB problem. Want better audio quality, try kicking up the bit-rate on your ripper. Done

Now stop arguing, and just go enjoy your tunes people... PEACE LOVE AND ROCK & ROLL

edit: My apologies for going off topic...
    Last edited by Draconianfire83; 01-26-11 at 11:39 AM.
    01-26-11 11:34 AM
    Yes of course I do. Everyday.

01-26-11 11:36 AM
    Do you listen to music on your blackberry, or do you prefer an ipod/iphone for music?
    This type of discussion is exactly why I think there should be a Music Forum on Crackberry for those of us who really love music, whether you use a BB and/or other devices as I do.

This would have been a good thread to make into a poll.
    Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

POLL:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/musi...59/index5.html

01-26-11 11:55 AM
    This type of discussion is exactly why I think there should be a Music Forum on Crackberry for those of us who really love music, whether you use a BB and/or other devices as I do.

Yeah, that sounds like a good idea.

POLL:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/musi...59/index5.html

Yes everyone should go vote for this now, it would be so easy they could put it in "Stuff for your Blackberry" next to ringtones/wallpapers/movies/videos.
    01-26-11 12:10 PM
204 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD