Oh no. Absolutely not. I have an iPod for that The OS 5 Media Player is a disaster in my opinion.
    Poor media management and interface make it a disaster, i honestly don't know how anyone can use a BB as an mp3 player. Let's not forget BB isn't known for its multimedia capabilities, others devices do it better.
    01-25-11 08:51 PM
    Disaster? That's over exaggerating. BB plays music fine, and the interface is straight forward. I ripped all my CDs and just transferred them to my media card, and then it's good to go. I don't understand why people need to look at album art though.
    01-25-11 08:59 PM
    Poor media management and interface make it a disaster, i honestly don't know how anyone can use a BB as an mp3 player. Let's not forget BB isn't known for its multimedia capabilities, others devices do it better.
    Tell me the options missing from my 9700 that you find so plentiful on the media device giants that you prefer.
    01-25-11 09:07 PM
    Disaster? That's over exaggerating. BB plays music fine, and the interface is straight forward. I ripped all my CDs and just transferred them to my media card, and then it's good to go. I don't understand why people need to look at album art though.
    It's an organization thing. I prefer something that can sync with my whole media library. I have a large music library so that little 2GB card can't fit much. I prefer to click sync and get my music than drag every new song on to the media card one by one until it's full.
    01-25-11 09:10 PM
    Buy a bigger card and why are you dragging anything? Try clicking sync.
    ylefrancois likes this.
    01-25-11 09:12 PM
    Do you listen to music on your blackberry,
    you bet your @$$ I do! I have music on my sd card & have an app called "TuneIn Radio" that jaydee suggested in a 9650 thread.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-25-11 09:14 PM
    you bet your @$$ I do! I have music on my sd card & have an app called "TuneIn Radio" that jaydee suggested in a 9650 thread.

I love Tunein Radio, best radio app I have found...they still have coast to coast episodes on that. Great app.
    Fatoomah likes this.
    01-25-11 09:16 PM
    Buy a bigger card and why are you dragging anything? Try clicking sync.
    It's not worth it when I have an iPod, plus, it still messes up the artist and album names as well as not showing any album artwork. The only thing I like on the BlackBerry more than the iPod is that Play/pause and Previous and next track buttons on the top.
    01-25-11 09:19 PM
    I'm just going to agree to disagree with some of you. I'm too old (20 1/2) to argue with people. Especially over the internets.
    01-25-11 09:27 PM
    Disaster? That's over exaggerating. BB plays music fine,
    No it isn't and no it does not. The audio fidelity from a BlackBerry is total crap. If you think it's "fine" so be it but please don't try to tell those of us who are true audiophiles that this POS is acceptable.

I like my phone in every regard except this one so do not even think of playing the "hater" card.

01-25-11 09:33 PM
    I'm just going to agree to disagree with some of you. I'm too old (20 1/2) to argue with people. Especially over the internets.
    CASH!! IF 20-1/2 is too old........then damn, I'm ancient!

01-25-11 09:37 PM
    I listen to music on my Torch only when I don't have my iPod touch with me. My torch is a great phone but it can't touch my iPod as a music player.
    01-25-11 09:38 PM
    I love Tunein Radio, best radio app I have found...they still have coast to coast episodes on that. Great app.
    yes D! I really like it too! One of my fav stations right now is 181 FM The Buzz. I'm sure next week I'll have a new fav!

01-25-11 09:40 PM
    This would have been a good thread to make into a poll.
    01-25-11 09:45 PM
    true audiophiles
    I believe they're a rare breed, but most people can't hear the subtle differences with regards to audio fidelity.

And if you're a true audiophile, why in the ducking world will you talk about audio fidelity from a BB?
    01-25-11 09:47 PM
    It's an organization thing. I prefer something that can sync with my whole media library. I have a large music library so that little 2GB card can't fit much. I prefer to click sync and get my music than drag every new song on to the media card one by one until it's full.
    2GB??? My Storm has a 16GB card. Plenty for my music AND MOVIES. Your "organization" issues are due to your WIMPY MEMORY CARD. You have misplaced the blame.
    01-25-11 09:47 PM
    2GB??? My Storm has a 16GB card. Plenty for my music AND MOVIES. Your "organization" issues are due to your WIMPY MEMORY CARD. You have misplaced the blame.
    I can't blame the memory card that RIM had preinstalled in my phone for artist, album, and cover art problems. 16GB can barely hold all of my music, let alone movies and pictures. 32GB iPod touch 4th Generation is the only way to go for my needs.
    01-25-11 09:50 PM
    I believe they're a rare breed, but most people can't hear the subtle differences with regards to audio fidelity.

And if you're a true audiophile, why in the ducking world will you talk about audio fidelity from a BB?
    I used to be a hard-core audiophile. My hearing was so good that I could discern the differences between models of Mark Levinson amps, so in order to satisfy my burning desire for good sound, I had to spend lots of cash to have an acceptable home sound system. As the years went by, my hearing got cut "in half", due to surgery for an acoustic neuroma, so my requirements aren't quite as stringent now, but I can easily hear the difference in sound quality between the numerous ipod models I own, as well as the sound from other sources/devices. Thankfully, at my age, I can still hear very well from my one "good" ear. My touch sounds better than my BB. Do I care anymore? No. Why? BECAUSE no frickin iPod, sounds as good as the best reference equipment, period. But I just don't care because I've learned not to sit there like a sound-test dummy and scrutinize the sound. I just listen to the music (Doobie Brothers).
    Ferretling and ylefrancois like this.
    01-25-11 09:53 PM
    I can't blame the memory card that RIM had preinstalled in my phone for artist, album, and cover art problems. 16GB can barely hold all of my music, let alone movies and pictures. 32GB iPod touch 4th Generation is the only way to go for my needs.
    "Needs"? No. Let's call it what it is, which is a "want". Think about it for a moment--how many freakin' DAYS worth of music are held on a 16GB card? Are you going to a deserted island and plan on listening non-stop for days on end? You're thinking like those who like having "the kitchen sink" with them, at all times. Hardly a necessity to enjoy MUSIC.
    01-25-11 09:56 PM
    ...I've learned not to sit there like a sound-test dummy and scrutinize the sound. I just listen to the music...
    Ladies and gentlemen, we have a wiener!!!

"Needs"? No. Let's call it what it is, which is a "want". Think about it for a moment--how many freakin' DAYS worth of music are held on a 16GB card? Are you going to a deserted island and plan on listening non-stop for days on end? You're thinking like those who like having "the kitchen sink" with them, at all times. Hardly a necessity to enjoy MUSIC.
    You're on a roll.
    Last edited by CASH; 01-25-11 at 10:01 PM.
    1812dave likes this.
    01-25-11 09:58 PM
    CASH!! IF 20-1/2 is too old........then damn, I'm ancient!

I would ask (out of sheer curiosity)... but I know, I know... it's not polite.
    01-25-11 10:04 PM
    Lol, I get along just fine with my BB 9700 and its media capabilities....it is all in the headphones IMO...

Some people crack me up on here....

01-25-11 10:12 PM
    I listen to music on my Bold. But not MP3s. iPod is good for MP3, but what the iPod doesn't do is Pandora and iHeart radio.

Those are my main sources for music on the BB.

01-25-11 10:29 PM
    I've been listening to some talk shows recorded to MP3 while I'm waiting for my replacement Sirius radio to arrive. Works quite well for me because I can just hit the mute button on top to stop it and then hit it again when I can start listening again. I've got a load of music on there too, but talk radio is my passion. I've also used Slacker and Pandora and waiting for RadioIO.com to get their BB app updated for BTLS.

those of us who are true audiophiles
    LOL, I swear it gets funnier each time you post that...
    01-25-11 10:31 PM
    Do you listen to music on your blackberry, or do you prefer an ipod/iphone for music?
    I often drive between areas with poor radio reception. I use my blackberry through the stereo via bluetooth to listen to music. It saves having to sort through piles of CDs.
    01-25-11 11:07 PM
204 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD