View Poll Results: Do you like threaded SMSing???

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I like it. Its alot easier to use than before

120 86.33%
  • No I dont. I prefer the old SMS style

19 13.67%
04-07-10 01:07 PM
56 123
tools
    For me it's knowing when the SMS's come in relation to other messages. When I am communicating over email, SMS and IM's all at the same time it's easy to see who I've shared information with when. But threaded is just annoying for that.
    03-11-10 11:00 AM
    Do you like the new threaded SMS style in the new Blackberry 5.0 OS's or would you prefer to use the older style (OS 4.7 and below)??

for people who still like the old style and wished they could go back, please explain why. i am trying to understand why, seeing that threaded seems so much more organized and easy to thumb through.
    I delete a lot of the old messages... keep some, delete some, keep some. Scrolling does not work well for me, so trying to select just some text to delete on 'one' conversation (which is really MULTIPLE conversations with the same person) does not work well.

I get frustrated and delete it all, then wish I had that phone number or whatever that was sent a week ago that I forgot to save but would still have had if I could have easily deleted just SOME of the messages.

So to use an earlier analogy of this forum, what would the forum be like if every post came sorted by the author and not topic... that's what the new sms stuff is. No matter the topic, it all gets sorted under one name.

Just my two cents.

I won't commit suicide because of it. I just end up emptying out my entire sms queue.
    03-11-10 11:07 AM
    I like but for one issue. I have two daughters on cell phones and want to text both in the same message. Unfortunately you can't send one text message to multiple recipients. Other than that, threaded is good stuff.
    03-11-10 12:59 PM
    I like but for one issue. I have two daughters on cell phones and want to text both in the same message. Unfortunately you can't send one text message to multiple recipients. Other than that, threaded is good stuff.
    They got rid of the multiple send ability? Why would they do that?

In that case, just make a group in your address book and put your daughters in that. Then send the SMS to the group as opposed to a single person. I think that might still work.
    03-11-10 01:26 PM
    It is actually 1 of the two reasons why I don't "upgrade" to 5.0. the other being no GPS on vzw 8330.
    03-11-10 01:31 PM
    I don't like it. But I know many do. It would be nice to have the on/off option for
    it. That's all I'm sayin...
    03-11-10 03:16 PM
    I have always been a fan of threaded text messaging. It makes everything s lit more organized and manageable. Surprised that it took them this long.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-10 04:29 PM
    Chose no for 2 reasons.

1) There was no option for "I could not care less"

2) Any text I get is delelted immediately after reading it (most [95%]are
    deleted unread) so threading them is of no consequence to me.
    03-11-10 05:58 PM
    I Love the threaded SMS! much handier! when texting 2 or 3 people at the same time!!
    03-11-10 06:07 PM
    you can send an SMS to more than one person. you just need to select "compose sms" and fill in a name, then it defaults to a second "to:" name and on and on.
    03-11-10 06:28 PM
    I love it. It was very hard to keep track of who was saying what.
    03-11-10 09:04 PM
    hated it at first, kinda like it now =)
    03-11-10 09:10 PM
    Its nice....
    03-11-10 10:07 PM
    I like it, but it actually gets confusing sometimes. I'd like it iPhone like with different color bubbles for the sender and receiver.
    Completely agree.
    03-11-10 11:10 PM
    Completely agree.
    Err... Texts from my friend show up in a blue bubble...well, box. Mine show up in a white box.
    03-12-10 04:29 AM
    I love it, makes it easy to keep track of who I'm talking to.
    03-12-10 09:09 AM
    I have to say I absolutly dispise it, I have never hated anything as much!!!! It frustrates me in so many ways . I've an 8520 and done the official 509 os,which is still bugged, I wouldn't mind but sms is such an important part of everyday life and there's bugs in it, of all things not to concentrate on !!!! I've lost a lot of my messages that have been important to me, cos they have gotten tied up in these stupid conversation threads. Plus this is more stupidity, why give folk a sms icon and a message icon, they are still the same aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ok you could have the sms icon to do the threading conversations but let people have the option to knock this of and have their sms in normal stream lined style that we are use to. I find it unprofessional as if you had to show somebody a message they can now read your whole conversation at a glimpse but if you had normal sms layout as usual just click and open the message you want to be seen. Something has to be done and fast!
    04-06-10 06:46 PM
    I hate it. At one of my jobs, I used to be able to receive messages via text and I could save the individual message until the task was done, then delete it. I can't do that with threaded texts anymore. Also, I used to turn Twitter texting on whenever I went to bed so I wouldn't miss anything posted by certain people (family members, friends, etc). Can't do that anymore either, because it's next to impossible to follow it all with the glitchy, ugly mess that is 5.0 threaded texting. The least RIM could have done was give us the option to turn it off!

04-06-10 07:14 PM
    i like the threaded SMS, especially before my friends had bbm. my inbox was filled to the max with all the individual texts. I liked it grouped together by contact, which was why i downloaded it in the first place when the first OS5.0 came out with it on my old BB 9000
    04-06-10 07:16 PM
    definitely like threaded SMS more...
    04-06-10 07:23 PM

Scrolling: While I'm at it, I'll throw in the scrolling itself: why did RIM have to make it so difficult to scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll up when you want to view an older message? They should have made it so that you can scroll by *full message*, not by *single line*. Maybe also shortcuts to go up and down by page.
    Press space to scroll down one page, or shift-space to scroll up one page. T for top of thread, B for bottom.
    04-06-10 08:09 PM
    I have a Verizon Tour, so I just got the 5.0 & threaded SMS. I am mostly unimpressed w/ threaded.

Mine may have a glitch that others don't have, but it is "hit or miss" (usually miss) on whether my SMS list will open or not. Usually, it will open up to the last conversation I was texting in.

Does anybody know what I am doing wrong ?

Thanks
    04-06-10 09:14 PM
    I like the threaded sms. Much more organized & easy to keep up with what has been said in each conversation.

04-06-10 09:45 PM
    I dont like it, if the girlfriend picks up the fone and sees a whole conversation, as opposed to one message. your screwed if your doing something you shouldnt haha. I just prefer the old style. there should be an option for classic view, to not give people the option and force change is just inconsiderate.
    04-06-10 09:48 PM
    I like the threaded sms. Much more organized & easy to keep up with what has been said in each conversation.

I agree 100%.
    04-06-10 09:52 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD