View Poll Results: Do you like threaded SMSing???

Voters
139. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I like it. Its alot easier to use than before

120 86.33%
  • No I dont. I prefer the old SMS style

19 13.67%
    Do you like the new threaded SMS style in the new Blackberry 5.0 OS's or would you prefer to use the older style (OS 4.7 and below)??

for people who still like the old style and wished they could go back, please explain why. i am trying to understand why, seeing that threaded seems so much more organized and easy to thumb through.
    Last edited by dictoresno; 03-11-10 at 12:26 AM.
    03-10-10 11:27 PM
    I like it, but it actually gets confusing sometimes. I'd like it iPhone like with different color bubbles for the sender and receiver.
    03-10-10 11:31 PM
    I love it, makes things so much easier for me.
    03-10-10 11:42 PM
    I love it, makes things so much easier for me.
    +1
    10 char
    03-10-10 11:46 PM
    I like it, but it actually gets confusing sometimes. I'd like it iPhone like with different color bubbles for the sender and receiver.
    there is. my SMS's have stripe seperators on and my sent messages are on a white background while incoming are over blue.
    03-10-10 11:46 PM
    It's awesome. Made it a lot easier to have a conversation with somebody.
    03-10-10 11:49 PM
    It's awesome. Made it a lot easier to have a conversation with somebody.
    then vote!!!!!
    03-10-10 11:50 PM
    then vote!!!!!
    I voted before I posted..
    03-10-10 11:53 PM
    Its a no brainer. That's why it was implemented in 5.0. Threaded messaging is awesome. Similar experience compared to BBM. Of course BBM is uber cooler with Delivery and received confirmation with writing notification.
    03-11-10 12:19 AM
    well, while the "no" vote count is as 0 (and it will soon change), i'm going to say... dayum.
    03-11-10 12:45 AM
    Threaded SMS would be SO much better if it didn't group seqeuential messages.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-10 03:51 AM
    i like the threaded sms but id like it more if they could make it look a bit different than the bbm
    03-11-10 04:04 AM
    Threaded SMS was the feature I was most excited about when I upgraded to OS5.
    03-11-10 04:49 AM
    I'm the one that voted "NO." However, I can't really give a logical reason why I don't like it as much. I am just partial to the old format.
    03-11-10 04:51 AM
    I'm the one that voted "NO." However, I can't really give a logical reason why I don't like it as much. I am just partial to the old format.
    YOU'RE the one!!
    03-11-10 04:56 AM
    I suppose I've gotten used to it now... There were things about the old version I did like though.

03-11-10 06:42 AM
    I'm #2...I'm not crazy about it and i'm not really sure why, but I only have 5.0 for a couple of weeks now and don't text much so maybe I'll get used to it
    03-11-10 06:51 AM
    I don't like it, and its simply because of the design of it. I hate the whole layout of the threaded texting.

03-11-10 07:08 AM
    Threaded is ONE of the best things about upgrading to 5.0. I love it ! Way more organzied, the way it should be....

(but I'm a little curious to know why some people don't like it)
    03-11-10 07:27 AM
    Threaded is ONE of the best things about upgrading to 5.0. I love it ! Way more organzied, the way it should be....

(but I'm a little curious to know why some people don't like it)
    well thats why i made this thread. im hoping to shed some light on what was so good about the old style that people like so much.
    03-11-10 07:50 AM
    I like it, but I do support those who want the ability to "turn it off" (However I think some of them argue too much about it. )
    03-11-10 08:29 AM
    I find it difficult to give a straight YES to your question... Overall, the usability has improved, but RIM didn't go all the way by far.

Time/date: What I definitely miss is the time/date indicator on each SMS. Sometimes you just want to know real quick when you sent or received an SMS, and to do that now, you have to scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll. And then, it doesn't even show you the precise date, but "Wed @ 7:55p".

It's a half-assed attempt to consumercify a business device in order to open up to a larger market. Yes I made that word up, but seriously: Seeing how the "name" line in every message takes up a full line, why not simply put the date+time into that line on the far right? At least give us the option!

Scrolling: While I'm at it, I'll throw in the scrolling itself: why did RIM have to make it so difficult to scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll scroll up when you want to view an older message? They should have made it so that you can scroll by *full message*, not by *single line*. Maybe also shortcuts to go up and down by page. Then highlight the full message background you're currently at. Press once to activate text selection of that message, so that you can copy stuff etc. Press again to go back to scrolling by message.

Such simple things can often make a huge difference. RIM is getting extremely half-assed with so many "improvements" lately... Someone should give them a slap upside their collective heads.

/rant
    03-11-10 08:42 AM
    I was a no also. I guess I just liked the old style since that was what I was used to after many years of use. I am getting used to the new style though.
    03-11-10 08:45 AM
    I love it, makes it easier to remember what the other person said if it was a long text. and i use to send a text to the wrong person if i was texting two people at the same time and i dont do that anymore with threaded sms.
    03-11-10 09:45 AM
    Do you like the new threaded SMS style in the new Blackberry 5.0 OS's or would you prefer to use the older style (OS 4.7 and below)??

for people who still like the old style and wished they could go back, please explain why. i am trying to understand why, seeing that threaded seems so much more organized and easy to thumb through.
    I saw your other post, (I guess the reason you started this poll) and I agree w/ you 100% threaded IMHO is 1000 times better than the way it used to be. I often have over 3000 sms per month and found myself sending responses to the wrong people all the time before threaded sms. It is so much more organized with threaded I LOVE IT!!!!!
    03-11-10 09:46 AM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD