do you guys hold the bb away from body when using bluetooth headset?

bb emit strong radiation that is harmful for the body.
    09-19-08 09:43 AM
    I keep mine in the OEM case in my pocket when I'm at home, I leave it on my desk when I'm at work and on my dashboard in my car.

I don't know enough about the radiation issue to make an educated comment but, I believe that in today's age practically everything emits something harmful.
    09-19-08 09:57 AM
    ISTM there is very little risk from the emitted RF if the phone is used by a responsible adult. However your body can interfere with the phone's ability to receive the *incoming* signal, and it can reduce performance by blocking the incoming signal.

Putting it another way, your phone will work better if you leave it out in the open or on your belt where it is not obstructed. Stuff it into your pants pocket, toolbox, (or your cleavage if you have the figure for it ) and there's a good chance the poor phone will be trying to work with half the signal.
    09-19-08 10:13 AM
    EVERYTHING causes cancer. If you're really concerned about that, there's not much you can do beyond hiding in your basement, and personally, I don't see the point in not living to avoid dying.

Although, I do get a kick out of people who don't wanna hold a phone to their ear because they think they're gonna get a brain tumor. So they use a Bluetooth and clip the phone to their belt.... Right by their testicles. I'll take the brain cancer, thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-19-08 10:32 AM
    I always use a bluetooth and never put phone close to my body.

09-19-08 10:54 AM
    Right by their *********.
    PSSSST...Don't let the girls see that!
    09-19-08 04:09 PM
    do you guys hold the bb away from body when using bluetooth headset?

bb emit strong radiation that is harmful for the body.
    Not if you're wearing your tin-foil hat...
    09-19-08 05:59 PM
    EVERYTHING causes cancer. If you're really concerned about that, there's not much you can do beyond hiding in your basement, and personally, I don't see the point in not living to avoid dying.

Although, I do get a kick out of people who don't wanna hold a phone to their ear because they think they're gonna get a brain tumor. So they use a Bluetooth and clip the phone to their belt.... Right by their testicles. I'll take the brain cancer, thanks.

Tis true.

Not if you're wearing your tin-foil hat...
    Hm...I think I'd like mine to be similar to the ones in Signs.
    I like the pointy-ness.
    09-19-08 07:19 PM
    This is how bad some people can be with the whole radiation thing.

I was with a friend of mine that says "yeah man the phone can cause radiation and give you cancer. You should never hold it to your ear". Five minutes later he lit up a cigarette and puffed away.

I was speechless lol
    09-19-08 07:26 PM
    How much time do you spend on the phone? I mean, be realistic, if you are spending THAT much time on it that you fear cancer you are either spending too much time on your cell phone or you REALLY need to get the BT registered on your phone!
    09-19-08 07:36 PM
    i was 6 beers deep on my lunch hour when I made that last post (I love my job....). Moral of the story is.... Don't drink and post.

I'm an electronics tech in the Canadian navy. We use a few different meters for checking for rf leaks on the wave guides for the radar systems. These meters will detect harmless levels of rf radiation, and my BB has never set it off...

Personally, I chalk this whole thing up to the American way.... Use a culture of fear to sell us crap we don't need. its sad really. As soon as somthing newer and more expensive than Bluetooth comes out, they'll discover that Bluetooth causes cancer....

09-19-08 07:42 PM
    Every time I hear about something being harmful to you it reminds me when somebody put human teeth in a glass of coke and noticed that they dissolved in 2 months. The vp of coca-cola responded that they don't recommend using coke that way and that even if you drank a can a day it would take a 100 years to have your teeth dissolve.

I don't know how much radiation the phone emits so I try to limit the amount of time he spends on my belt. Its all about moderation.

09-19-08 07:51 PM
    Yeah, I keep my BB off of my belt as much as possible as well. You never know.
    09-19-08 10:07 PM
    Anything and everything most likely causes cancer these days, it's just getting nuts. The medical industry has no handle on it. You just have to stop worrying or you'll worry yourself to death.
    09-20-08 03:32 AM
    I keep it in my front pocket at all times. The lower my sperm count, the better chance of me having extra money around to buy the newest BBs coming out
    09-20-08 04:28 AM
    I keep mine on my belt while out and about, clipped to my visor when I am in the car, and leave it on my desk, couch or nightstand when at home. I do not usually use a bluetooth.
    09-20-08 05:48 AM
    I don't use a bluetooth headset. If I did I would put it by my head
    09-20-08 06:25 AM
    I dont think they can emit enough radiation to be harmful, it's not like we walk around with our BB's taped to our heads and then go home and hug the microwave. Anyone remember when they said soda pop could cause cancer? It was in the late 70's early 80's then come to find out you would have to drink 126 cans a to start running a risk.....WOW! Talk about a bathroom break!
    09-20-08 07:01 AM
    there's not much you can do beyond hiding in your basement,
    Most basements have Radon Gas which is PROVEN to cause cancer. So I wouldn't recommend staying in your basement.
    09-20-08 07:07 AM
    Umm in case you're wondering, Bluetooth emits radiation too! All wireless technology emits radiation.

09-20-08 09:37 AM
    Yup, but RF is not quoite the same as Gamma radiation, or even the radiation emitted by reactor waste (which can be shielded with a piece of notebook paper). So I take every one of these radiation scares with a grain of salt, especially considering that indoor air quality can be bad enough to also cause cancer! Just take your vitamins, eat well, AND LIVE.

09-20-08 09:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD