I have no credit at all, I'm looking to get the q10 on tmobile. I have the money too buy it off contract I just don't feel like dropping 580 for a phone at one time.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 10:32 PM
    I have no credit at all, I'm looking to get the q10 on tmobile. I have the money too buy it off contract I just don't feel like dropping 580 for a phone at one time.

Posted via CB10
    i though t-mobile did away with contracts? either way if credit isn't the greatest they usually require a security deposit
    06-08-13 10:38 PM
    How much would you say the deposit would be with no credit?

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 10:56 PM
    i though t-mobile did away with contracts? either way if credit isn't the greatest they usually require a security deposit
    Even for the new UnCarrier no contract plans, they check your credit history.
    06-08-13 11:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    It will depend on how many lines you open and whether you get a phone either subsidized (if getting a contract through a 3d party) or through the Equipment Installment Plan. But it may be quite a lot.

By the way, it is possible they will turn you down if you get the phone on EIP.
    06-08-13 11:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    My first contract was with T-Mobile (geez in getting old). I was fresh out of high school and I had no credit. I had to pay a 150 deposit. Granted that was nine years ago.

Don't kill my vibe using Tapatalk
    06-08-13 11:16 PM
    For their Simple Choice plans (the ones that allow you to get on the down payment+interest-free monthly payments plan) TMO does a credit check. This isn't really a service contract, but a device contract.

To get a service contract, you will need to go through a third party partner like Best Buy, Fry's Electronics, etc. They are still doing Classic contracts for T-Mobile. I'm not sure what their individual credit check policies are.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    06-08-13 11:20 PM
    They will make you give a bigger downpayment for the device. The $99 is only for what they consider a "well qualified buyer", which I'm assuming is someone who passes their credit check.
    06-08-13 11:25 PM
    Yeah, I figured that, I was just wondering if they'd make me pay the full 579.99 or if I can give a deposit of 3-400.

Posted via CB10
    06-08-13 11:36 PM
    Yeah, I figured that, I was just wondering if they'd make me pay the full 579.99 or if I can give a deposit of 3-400.

Posted via CB10
    They don't make you pay it all at once, you have choices...they normally will tack on 20-30 dollars to your monthly bill until you pay it off which should be covered in 2 yrs. However, you can pay it off sooner if you like, there are no restrictions on how you want to pay outside of their monthly bill....

On an unrelated note- i haven't posted here in about a month or so and noticed the site is extremely zoomed in and the forum threads are now black... Is this a glitch, or did the site undergo some changes these last few weeks??... I know i should ask in the website thread but i figured i could get a quick answer here since i just noticed it.
    06-09-13 12:04 AM
    On an unrelated note- i haven't posted here in about a month or so and noticed the site is extremely zoomed in and the forum threads are now black... Is this a glitch, or did the site undergo some changes these last few weeks??... I know i should ask in the website thread but i figured i could get a quick answer here since i just noticed it.
    Scroll down past the thread title on the bottom, and on the left there should be a drop down menu. Make sure it says 'CrackBerry 2013' if you want the default theme.
    06-09-13 12:12 AM
    Yes, I understand that and all but I know for a fact I will not be paying $99 up front so I wonder what the deposit will be. I seen that they have a $30 plan for unlimited talk/text and 100 minutes, will that have bis?

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 12:32 AM
    Yes, I understand that and all but I know for a fact I will not be paying $99 up front so I wonder what the deposit will be. I seen that they have a $30 plan for unlimited talk/text and 100 minutes, will that have bis?

Posted via CB10
    Pretty sure BB10 uses regular data plans, so whatever the limit on your plans is what you get.
    06-09-13 01:03 AM
    Actually now that you say that I remember a sales rep at Verizon told me that when I purchased my z10

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 02:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    How can you have unlimited talk and 100 minutes

Kah
    06-09-13 04:18 AM
    Calm down there pal, there was a slight error bud. 100 minutes unlimited Web and text.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 11:58 AM
    What signified i wasn't... calm

Kah
    06-09-13 12:30 PM
    Please rephrase that partner.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-13 06:40 PM
    Calm down there pal, there was a slight error bud. 100 minutes unlimited Web and text.

Posted via CB10
    can you indicate where you see such a plan? http://www.t-mobile.com/cell-phone-p...ndividual.html.
    also, did they actually tell you your deposit would not be $99? did you go to a store or call t mobile directly? usually calling directly will give you a better deal than the store in my experience.
    06-12-13 12:42 PM
    can you indicate where you see such a plan?
    Prepaid Cell Phone Plans, No Annual Contract | Monthly 4G | T-Mobile

All the way at the bottom. It's a Walmart exclusive (AFAIK, you can't get it from TMO directly.)
    06-12-13 01:01 PM
    The 100 minute, 5GB data, and unlimited text plan is a prepaid plan that is purchased online through Tmo's website after the sim card activation (or you can do it through Walmart). I have two of the plans in use now.
    06-12-13 08:43 PM