Get a Franklin Covey planner to organize your stuff and keep the cell phone you already have. Sounds like a berry may not be for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-08 06:18 AM
    If you want a BB for just a cheap pda, pick up a used 7290 off of eBay. You won't be able to use voice or data, but the calander, address book, etc will work. You will be able to add apps through Desktop Manager via usb. Most carriers, to give you best pricing, require you sign up for a data plan. With GSM carriers(AT&T, T-Mobile), you can buy a used one and pop a SIM card in it, But CDMA (Verizon, Sprint) will not activate without a data package. With the GSM carriers, even if you pop a SIM in a used BB, they can see which handset you are using by IMEI tracking and may tack on that data plan accordingly. They're under the mindset that if you have a BB you need data. Hope this helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-14-08 07:01 AM
    Why get a BB without a data plan? I have the 29.99/month unlimited plan. I'd stick with Verizon, they're coverage is the best.
    06-14-08 07:33 AM
    There is no point in having a BB without a data plan, you will be missing an all of the good things the blackberry has to offer, i dont know how it is on other countries but here in M�xico BB's have special data plans, they dont work with regular data plans, mine is only 30.00 $ and includes unlimited data and a very basic voice plan and text, and i have to tell you that i use data the most, in fact i would rather have a BB without voice (is that possible?) than without data.

Now that is not to say that the BB isnt great as a phone too, its actually the the best phone ive ever had, good reception, excellent speaker, great address book, etc. its just that i dont think the price for a BB is justified if you only use it as a phone.
    06-14-08 12:29 PM
    I have to agree that Verizon has great coverage even though it ticks me off that the GPS is disabled because I would have an awesome all-in-one geocaching unit had the left it alone.

That being said, don't the newer, fancier (non BB or smartphone) phones have better calendar features now? Even my old RAZR had a calendar that I could make reasonably detailed entries into, if I remember correctly.

I dont think any can sync with MS office....I have the Voyager and the calender really sucks.
    06-14-08 01:39 PM
    I'm with Tmo and in my opinion a BB is not working at near the capacity it could without a data plan...you can't take advantage of all its features if your limited like that.

for 20 bucks on Tmo I can send and view all I want
    06-14-08 01:42 PM
    Depends on your carrier. My girlfriend's sister lives in Ontario and she uses Bell, they don't force you to have a data plan with a BB.
    06-14-08 02:00 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD