08-03-12 07:37 AM
36 12
tools
    I know a lot of people here have familys that all have BlackBerrys. I bet a number of them are probably like my family....no longer Fully BlackBerry

In our family we use to have 7 BB Phones, & 4 PlayBooks. This was great because we all live in different parts of the world. Literally contentents appart. We even had a BBM Group for our family that we used quite a bit. BlackBerry helped us keep in touch with each other, despite the distance.

Over the last year we have gone down to 5 BB Phones, and 2 PlayBooks. Once the new iPhone comes out, it will be 4 BB Phones, maybe 3 I also may end up being the only person in my family with a PlayBook. My mom only liked the PB because she could Video Chat with her children & grandchildren....now that I'm the only one with a PB she has a lot less need for it.....

Had anyone else's BlackBerry Family been demolished lately?
    08-01-12 01:03 PM
    At this time last year, we had two Curve 8520s and one Curve 9300. A year later and we have a Bold 9900, a Bold 9790, a Curve 9360 and three Playbooks (16, 32 and 64).
    08-01-12 01:18 PM
    No, still definitely a BB family. I've got a Bold, the wife has a Storm (yes, go figure... she's actually waiting on BB10), and my older daughter's got a Torch that I used before I got my Storm.

Wife and I have Playbooks. It took time for the wife to warm up to hers but she's pretty attached now. Her dad also has one that we got him for his birthday last year, though he doesn't have a BB handset and still sounds wistful about iPads ("the people who have them really seem to like them..."). Mind you, I showed him that AV on AOL site, so his Skype envy has reduced considerably.

Still holding on, still enthusiastic about BB10, but if RIM can't execute we're probably going over to WP.
    08-01-12 01:21 PM
    There used to be about 22 people on Blackberry, 3 siblings, 14 cousins, and a few nieces and nephews. We've all left for iPhone over the past few years. The first defections started with the 3G, by the time the iPhone 4 came out, the last holdouts converted because of Facetime.

EDIT: I do still have 2 cousins who have Blackberries issued by their workplace, but they also have iPhones.
    Last edited by Roo Zilla; 08-01-12 at 01:37 PM.
    08-01-12 01:31 PM
    No my immediate family all have dumb phones. My nephews and nieces all have androids.
    08-01-12 01:35 PM
    I did, at least my wife and I (our kids are grade schoolers) and my brother and his family.

I'm the only one left. To a one, the rest have moved to the iPhone 4S. Guess you could call me a BlackBerry orphan.
    08-01-12 01:39 PM
    The only persons in my family who had BlackBerry were my cousin and me. He switched to an Android about a year ago. I switched to Windows Phone in April 2012. I'm still the only Windows Phone user in my family. Everyone else has Androids, iPhones or feature phones.
    08-01-12 01:46 PM
    In my family my Dad has a Bold 9780 with his wife having a Curve 9300. My nephew has a Torch 9800 and his sister has a Curve 8520.

Some other members don't care which phones they use whilst the rest have A****s.

EDIT: I forgot my step sister has a Torch 9800 but today bought a Curve 9360.
    Last edited by Ben1232; 08-02-12 at 11:15 AM.
    08-01-12 01:57 PM
    11 Brothers and sisters - Me and one brother are Blackberry users.
    23 nieces and nephews - Not one uses a BlackBerry. Mostly Android but 4 or 5 are
    iPhone users and one uses a Lumia.

Spouse - iPhone after years as a BlackBerry user. Started with the 7250.
    Mother - BlackBerry Torch 9810
    Daughter - iPhone
    An army of cousins - iPhone, Android and Windows Phone. No BlackBerrys to my knowledge.
    08-01-12 02:31 PM
    All three of my family still using BlackBerry with no thought of changing. We have a 9900, 9810, and 9800 in the current pile. All are used daily and enjoyed.
    08-01-12 02:47 PM
    I used to...me, my grandpa, 3 uncles, 2 aunts, 2 cousins. Now it is just me and my grandpa (yes my grandpa has a BlackBerry haha)
    08-01-12 02:51 PM
    I've always been a BB guy. Finally got my wife and youngest son to agree to having Blackberry's two years ago. Neither would part with there Blackberry's, for anything, both love them as much as I do, my son also has a Playbook which goes everywhere with him.

Then there is my oldest son 27, he's a die hard ifan, if it doesn't have an i in front of the name it's immediately "no good". It's too bad, he's an intelligent and good young man, but he's under the spell of the isheep. I'm hoping one day he gets over his insecurity and can start to make his own informed intelligent decisions, rather than continue to follow the isheep. Hey 3 out four ain't bad!!
    bbmme and ajst222 like this.
    08-01-12 02:54 PM
    i have. all my family use BB. my dad BB is Torch, my mom Onyx, both me and young sister is Curve 3G, and the last sister is Gemini. no one use the BBOS7 device

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk
    08-01-12 06:09 PM
    Both of my brothers and my parents use BB
    08-01-12 10:09 PM
    Yes, my extended family has also been infiltrated by the Apple marketing machine. A few weak ones who were easily netted. I tried to talk some sense into them, but it was futile.
    08-01-12 10:29 PM
    No one in my family has a BB. IPhones and androids rule the day.
    08-01-12 11:20 PM
    Wife and I own berrys, dad owns a flip phone,mom owns an iphone, brother owns an evo.

2 most important people to me to get in touch with are my wife and my best friend which both own 9810's.

Sent from my Bold using Tapatalk
    08-01-12 11:24 PM
    the majority of my family uses blackberry. even my grandmother (80 yrs old, recently got her drivers license for the first time and figured she needed a mobile on the go so she picked up a bold 9900) lol now if we could just keep her from texting and driving! in my immediate household, i have a 9860, my wife (traitor) has an Iphone 4s and my oldest son who is 9 uses my old bold 9700. i have a playbook and my three sons also each have a playbook. my wife, again the traitor has an ipad, although she's seriously considering a playbook for its size. she finds the ipad too big.
    terminatorx likes this.
    08-01-12 11:33 PM
    I'm the last one. Mom's on android, sister's on an ip4, and my dad's on a nokia dumb phone
    08-01-12 11:43 PM
    BB Family here! and it feels so good.
    08-02-12 12:00 AM
    The entire wild, loud, argumentative, dancing, singing lot has BBerries, except for one Android and two iPhones.
    08-02-12 03:33 AM
    We drop one down to 10 in the immediate family. When BB10 is released we will see what happens.
    08-02-12 03:54 AM
    I know a lot of people here have familys that all have BlackBerrys. I bet a number of them are probably like my family....no longer Fully BlackBerry

In our family we use to have 7 BB Phones, & 4 PlayBooks. This was great because we all live in different parts of the world. Literally contentents appart. We even had a BBM Group for our family that we used quite a bit. BlackBerry helped us keep in touch with each other, despite the distance.

Over the last year we have gone down to 5 BB Phones, and 2 PlayBooks. Once the new iPhone comes out, it will be 4 BB Phones, maybe 3 I also may end up being the only person in my family with a PlayBook. My mom only liked the PB because she could Video Chat with her children & grandchildren....now that I'm the only one with a PB she has a lot less need for it.....

hello there - we have 5 BB Bolds in our family but 4 users are all considering the new iPhone when it comes out - it is a real shame as we all use BBM at the moment. RIM need to get moving with BB10 asap so they have a credible contender to Apple.
    08-02-12 04:29 AM
    the majority of my family uses blackberry. even my grandmother (80 yrs old, recently got her drivers license for the first time and figured she needed a mobile on the go so she picked up a bold 9900) lol now if we could just keep her from texting and driving! in my immediate household, i have a 9860, my wife (traitor) has an Iphone 4s and my oldest son who is 9 uses my old bold 9700. i have a playbook and my three sons also each have a playbook. my wife, again the traitor has an ipad, although she's seriously considering a playbook for its size. she finds the ipad too big.
    I will bet that driver's license and the phone gives your grandma a renewed feeling of youth! Good for her, that's nice to hear.
    up488 likes this.
    08-02-12 10:37 AM
    3 of my family members still use BBs that I know of. Most have moved on to iPhone or Android.
    08-02-12 10:55 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD