I've always hated this word.....No really..... I hate it!
    Would Ragu suit you better??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 01:21 PM

LOL

03-11-09 01:23 PM
    Most of you shouldn't be married the way you're talking about your spouse/significant other lol.
    I know if it was that much of a problem to talk to my wife, i doubt i'd stick around. Shes my best friend.
    I will say this; a person doesn't have to be married/in a deeply involved relationship to know that quitting on the relationship simply because friction arises...is a selfish and 'pansy'ish' approach to it. Simply because people in a relationship gripe and express their frustrations that arise...it doesn't mean they 'shouldn't be married'; that's a pretty haphazard thing to say.

However; if there is something that is truly bothering you about your significant other...it should be openly discussed with them. A person can't hold the other accountable for some type of 'annoyance'; if the source of the annoyance isn't brought to light.
    03-11-09 01:51 PM
    I will say this; a person doesn't have to be married/in a deeply involved relationship to know that quitting on the relationship simply because friction arises...is a selfish and 'pansy'ish' approach to it. Simply because people in a relationship gripe and express their frustrations that arise...it doesn't mean they 'shouldn't be married'; that's a pretty haphazard thing to say.
    I agree with that. This is why I have always believed that if you're going to be in a relationship, communication has to be great. You should be able to talk about anything.

However, too many people nowadays get married when they are extremely unprepared. This is the big problem.

Personally, I don't think marriage in this country is at all beneficial for a man. And I know lots of you are happy. And bless you all. I think that's fantastic. I think that's wonderful!

The divorce laws are very outdated. Divorce settlements and alimony are equivalent to what a woman who got divorced in the 40's is. Things are much different now. Women work now. Not many stay at home mom's anymore who all they do is work in the house.

No benefit to a man...

If I found someone I really liked I wouldn't mind sharing the rest of my life with her. But I wouldn't sign a contract and make it 50/50 like some corporation.
    03-11-09 02:00 PM
    Now I feel like I'm watching Dr. Phil! Ugh.
    03-11-09 02:19 PM
    Now I feel like I'm watching Dr. Phil! Ugh.
    Perhaps you're reading too much into things; the purpose of my post prior to this one...was moreso about how people SHOULDN'T tell OTHERS they shouldn't be married/have gotten married; simply because they're expressing their annoyance with BBM and their significant others.

It can definitely be a legitimate frustration; it's nothing to give the opinion that people shouldn't be married because of it.
    03-11-09 02:30 PM
    I agree with that. This is why I have always believed that if you're going to be in a relationship, communication has to be great. You should be able to talk about anything.
    Communication is a must. The marriage will never last without it. Getting pi**ed and holding it in doesn't work.

However, too many people nowadays get married when they are extremely unprepared. This is the big problem.
    I couldn't agree with you more on this one. My husband and I only knew each other for 3 months before we got married. We got married on March 14 and I found out I was pregnant on April 1. We didn't get to know each other really well until a few years later.

Those first years were the hardest thing I have ever done. You have to fight for your marriage and not treat it like you can always get divorced if it doesn't work out. We have gone through a lot in 12 years including the loss of our second daughter. If a couple can make it through that, they can make it through anything and be stronger for it.

When people expect marriage to be all sunshine and sweet tarts or something straight out of a romance novel then those are the people a few months later that are asking themselves, what the he!! did I just do? That expectation is so far removed from reality that people should have dumba** tattooed to their forehead for even thinking it.

I think it is good if you know you never want to get married. It will save you and your partner a lot of heartache in the end. I don't think anyone should try to push marriage onto someone else, that is a mammoth mistake. As long as you are up front and honest about it, then ride that pony into the sunset.

03-11-09 02:36 PM
    Perhaps you're reading too much into things; the purpose of my post prior to this one...was moreso about how people SHOULDN'T tell OTHERS they shouldn't be married/have gotten married; simply because they're expressing their annoyance with BBM and their significant others.

It can definitely be a legitimate frustration; it's nothing to give the opinion that people shouldn't be married because of it.
    I understand what you're saying. I think everyone else is reading too much into this. I just took it as an opportunity to ***** a little and joke around. Apparently I was wrong!
    03-11-09 02:45 PM
    I understand what you're saying. I think everyone else is reading too much into this. I just took it as an opportunity to ***** a little and joke around. Apparently I was wrong!
    The only ones reading too much into it are the ones that are saying they're 'worried' about reading such sentiments about frustration about BBM'ing with significant others; and the ones saying people shouldn't be married because of something like this.

However there wouldn't be much of a discussion; and this wouldn't be called a 'forum' without some added words aside from a series of posts saying: "Yeah; I know what you mean", "Me too", "Me Two", "Me Three", "Yes", "Yup", "Hehe", "I do".
    03-11-09 02:57 PM
    You guys are getting way too serious. My kids have access to the berry through their PINS. "significant other" doesn't because he can't figure out how to use a cell or a berry.
    03-11-09 03:02 PM
    Wow, chill out guys.

My boyfriend texts me because he doesn't have a BB, but I don't mind. I can't wait for him to get his Bold so we can chat via BBM.

Honestly, he doesn't annoy me when he calls/texts me a lot because I usually don't mind. However if I need my space, I just let him know and he lets me be. That's the key to not getting annoyed: telling the person to please give you some air.
    03-11-09 03:09 PM
    Aw, I miss being able to talk to my significant other on BB Messenger !!! He got an iPhone a few days ago, gr.
    03-11-09 03:14 PM
    You guys are getting way too serious.
    I agree. I think the situation is something akin to brothers and sisters. You could beat the crap out of your brother or sister when you were young. You could come up with some really foul names for them as well. But let someone else try to do that and suddenly you are their most fierce defender.

I think some of us became slightly offended when it was assumed that we didn't need to be married or didn't love our SOs because we were having a little fun.

I think it is hilarious that no matter what age, color, race, location, we are all in we can all understand not wanting to be in constant contact with our SOs.

Just my 02 cents.

03-11-09 03:17 PM
    Got my significant other a Blackberry just cause of the bb messenger. So nope dont regret it.
    03-11-09 03:30 PM

LMAO stewwwwpid!!
    03-11-09 08:14 PM
    Nope .

It just irritates me how sometimes bbm doesn't send my messages ..
    03-11-09 10:59 PM
    I had my ex on mine a while ago. Bad mistake! She was constantly nagging me! So I deleted her and just told her I got rid of BBM.

That's what an unlimited messages plan is for!

ooo i hope she not looking!!!
    03-11-09 11:10 PM
    Funny thing about this. I met my girlfriend threw Crackberry Pin exchange and BBM, 6mo strong.
    03-11-09 11:14 PM
    Sooo THANKFUL dh (dear hubby of course) doesn't have a bb!! I don't want to constantly share EVERYTHING. Ugh.
    03-11-09 11:20 PM
    He doesn't have one because he thinks that BB is stupid, if he hadn't given me beautiful twins and a wonderful 5 years I might leave his a$$!
    03-11-09 11:28 PM
    I gave my gf a BB, fully regret
    03-12-09 01:38 AM
    haha i do hate it and regret it but owell i pay the bill for the phone so i say no to her having my pin she will freak out even though i have yahoo and aim as does she but meh idk she has to have it all i guess freakin pain in my *** but i love my gf
    03-12-09 01:46 AM
    Funny thing about this. I met my girlfriend threw Crackberry Pin exchange and BBM, 6mo strong.
    damn thats cool man **** if only i could get that well meaning a normal gf without a bb so i can get rid of my g.f now she is up my *** with the bb i gave her which was a storm....
    03-12-09 01:48 AM
    Hubby got a BB a few months ago, and I was glad that we could finally use BM to communicate. I've had my BB for a few years. Before he would text me. He's the type that texts every two minutes.

I don't mind. He works out of town during the week and it's nice to communicate that way daily.

BTW...we've been married almost 23 years.
    03-12-09 02:18 AM
    No, we got our BBs to improve communications, and it's working well. Working on adding more family members now.

03-12-09 02:53 AM
117 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD