I know I sometimes miss mine. The feel and tactile feedback were great, and unlike many, I never had a problem with sticky track-balls, dirty track-balls, getting my track-balls stuck, or track-balls that were unresponsive.

However, the trackpad is much easier on my thumb.
    09-29-10 03:48 PM
    Not in the least. Once I adapted to the trackpad, I couldn't ever go back. Trying to use my old 8300 is painful to me now.
    09-29-10 04:00 PM
    Agree with rebo. There's nothing I miss about the trackball, especially how loud it is!
    09-29-10 04:02 PM
    Never, ever miss mine from the old Curve 8330. Although the phone served me well, the trackball got yucky and the replacements were way too dicey.
    09-29-10 04:03 PM
    This thread got locked for one reason or another earlier .....

http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/do-y...-balls-534113/

Assumed it was because of the title. This one might stick around.
    09-29-10 04:17 PM
    Assumed it was because of the title. This one might stick around.
    possible and they did reword everything.....

i guess i'll delete my post.....
    09-29-10 04:19 PM
    I don't miss mine, they're always hanging around :P

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-10 04:41 PM
    Title made me lol
    09-29-10 04:42 PM
    No, they didn't reword it. I just reposted it. Couldn't believe anyone would take it that literally or take offense.

After all, this IS a BlackBerry forum, and some BlackBerries DO have sticky, dirty, unresponsive little balls, don't they?
    09-29-10 06:56 PM
    Not at all, I've had problems with them sticking and I'd have to rub some alcohol on it. I have had no problems with my trackpad and wouldn't go back
    09-29-10 07:37 PM
    I know I sometimes miss mine. The feel and tactile feedback were great, and unlike many, I never had a problem with sticky track-balls, dirty track-balls, getting my track-balls stuck, or track-balls that were unresponsive.

Went from 9000 to 9800, and don't miss the trackball at all!

09-29-10 08:22 PM
    I don't miss my trackball ... I still have it!
    09-29-10 08:48 PM
    I miss taking out and replacing it to time to time.. lol NO WAY! Don't miss it at all ..
    09-29-10 09:06 PM
    Um yeah I miss it.... Like a toothache!
    09-29-10 09:07 PM
    i don't. i live at the beach and teach surf lessons in the summer. so combined, i spend a lot of time in the sand. the ball used to get stuck a lot from sand...now with the trackpad. no issues
    09-29-10 09:10 PM
    I thought I'd miss it when I went to the 9700 from the 8900, but I don't at all. I love the trackpad and it's so much more accurate than the trackball.
    09-29-10 09:17 PM
    Nope, not a bit, I love the trackpad, never had issues with the trackball though
    09-29-10 09:17 PM
    Not in the slightest...

However, I do feel that the trackball was *slightly* more accurate than the trackpad.

09-29-10 09:32 PM
    If BB would have stayed with trackball I would have had to switch to a different phone. I farm and I couldn't get a trackball to last more than a week. I think there was some dirt inside the phone or something. Anyways I love the trackpad!!!
    09-29-10 09:58 PM
    Negative.
    I was unsure of the accuracy and loss of tactile feedback with the trackpad, but after adjusting the settings it is fantastic

09-29-10 10:08 PM

Well, I never had problems with the trackball on my 8830WorldEdition - I generally tried to keep my fingers clean but was not fanatic. But my Tour was another story. It would lose traction or "catch" and due to its being finicky I was totally nuts about clean fingers, hands, toes, whatever.

I know they were both trackball devices but Rim definitely blew it with the change in housing/design on the Tour.

I don't have to be crazy with the 9650's trackpad - just use it.
    09-29-10 10:10 PM
    New here - But I just wanted to say I miss the trackball everyday!
    09-30-10 04:48 AM
    I miss the trackball sometimes, it is more accurate and that's most obvious when you play brickbreaker. Sometimes when I'm in a rush I find myself swiping over the menu or back button especially at night as it doesn't have back light. Would I change back? No but I'm sure the trackball could have been improved, I remember reading about a waterproof phone and that had a trackball, blackberry trackball is no good with a wet finger.

09-30-10 05:08 AM
    I didn't have a problem with trackballs, but I don't miss it at all. The trackpad is great.

09-30-10 07:17 AM
    I don't miss the trackball, but I never had an issue either. Even with my Tour.
    09-30-10 07:21 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD