Just got a new BB Tour. I always like to carry an extra battery with me. Normally I buy from Seidio. I just looked on ebay and could not believe how CHEAP the batteries were. So are they junk? Your thoughts?
    Thanks
    12-27-09 01:57 PM
    the one I bought for my curve was better than the one that was FUBAR, but not as good as the original battery had been when it was new. YMMV.
    12-27-09 02:01 PM
    From my 72?? days to the Pearl days to my current 9700 I have bought 2 spare batteries for each BB I have owned off of Ebay. I have alway bought OEM or at least they look identical to the originals that came with the devices. If the ones I have are counterfeit they are good copies but, maybe I have been lucky, as they have all performed well. As good as the originals. Just look at the picture close and order from a high transaction seller with a good rating.
    Last edited by johnling; 12-27-09 at 02:15 PM. Reason: SP
    12-27-09 02:13 PM
    I try not to use ebay for anything, but I have ordered batteries from seidio online and have worked great.
    12-27-09 05:18 PM
    Be careful some aftermarket battery will give you a red X on the screen.
    12-27-09 06:33 PM
    i have often wondered this as i have 2 Pearls and 1 battery...
    12-27-09 06:51 PM
    The batteries sold on this site are good. I'm sure they're a little more expensive ($20) than on eBay but still cheaper than in store.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-09 07:11 PM
    I buy things from eBay all the time. Chargers, screen protectors, skins and so on but I have only bought batteries once. I bought new batteries for some Samsung Gravitys that we have on our account. I was ok if the batteries killed the phones.

I'm just not willing to take the risk on an eBay bought battery with my $500 Blackberrys. As a caution, if you buy an aftermarket battery and it leaks, killing your phone then your warranty is void. So know what guarantees you get before you buy.
    12-27-09 07:17 PM
    Yeah, yall are thinking the way I am....better safe with a name brand battery. I see the Crackberry carries Seidio batteries. Does Crackberry ever have discount coupons?
    Thanks
    12-27-09 08:26 PM
    My Pearl spares were from eBay, as is my Tour spare. Wall chargers have been from there as well. The chargers are definitely aftermarket (no brand label) and the batteries claim to be original but I'm not certain of that.

I use generic batteries in even more expensive electronics than my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by dchawk81; 12-27-09 at 08:40 PM.
    12-27-09 08:37 PM
    I've bought batteries several times on ebay and have never had a problem.
    12-27-09 09:41 PM
    I usually buy Seidio batteries but just get them on eBay since it's cheaper, have never had a problem.
    12-27-09 09:44 PM
    I have purchased several batteries for blackberrys and other cellphones on ebay and had no troubles with them. Still using one in a blackberry curve today. Always make sure like stated above it is a positive seller with lots of transactions and a quality OEM product.
    12-27-09 09:54 PM
    I bought one off ebay, under three dollars, free shipping, took about two weeks to come from Hong Kong, works great, as good as the original, but as stated above, YMMV
    12-27-09 09:59 PM
    I've bought several pcs for my different Mb in the website. it is cheaper a lot. And the quality is ok, at least there's no problem until now. I guess their price is lower only because they sold in the website. I remembered that website is "global stores".
    05-06-11 03:01 AM
    got a few spare batterys off ebay for a few pounds best bet DONT but from china they have a habbit of frying your phone and there not as good i get mine from a uk dealer been useing him for years never had a problem with his stock
    05-06-11 03:59 AM
    I'd buy off ebay if i could be sure it's the real deal
    05-06-11 06:40 AM
    I had my original OEM for 2 years and just bought a brand new OEM with cryptographic chip in it same number as I had in my Tour when I bought it from Amazon.com for $5.15 shipped and i am not kidding and after an 8 hour charge my Tour is like new again really holding up for at least 2 days or slightly more before a recharge.
    05-06-11 12:25 PM
    I've had great luck ordering batteries for phones and cameras off e-bay. You do need to be careful about counterfeit electronics, but checking into the Sellers reputation can help avoid much of that.
    05-06-11 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD