Guilty as charged, I definately message at the red light...and sometimes will when I am driving, just need to make sure you don't get caught!!
    08-27-07 09:22 PM
    I was sitting waiting for food at wendys the other night, the girl had to yell at me because I was too into my bb lol. I've even started to ignore my friends because of it, they stand next to me and sms me to get my attention now....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-29-07 09:53 PM
    I wanted to know if anyone uses their blackberry while driving or at a red light, in bumper to bumper traffic etc

I do use the blackberry when I'm in bumper to bumper traffic and I'm just sitting there or if I'm at a delayed red light.

How about the rest of you?

Gia
    yeah i use it all the time it doesnt matter what im doing
    08-29-07 10:44 PM
    I must admit *sheepish look on face* that I do use more CrackBerry while driving...I know, I know...sorry!

I drive with my knee and blackberry away!
    09-13-07 08:16 PM
    LOL I am glad I am not alone in this BB obsession that I have..

I put on my BT headset whenever I get in my truck, and I will glance at my BB to see who is emailing or texting me while I am in motion. I know, I know..I only glance to see if might be important.

I do the real reading and replying at stoplights, yeah I am that guy you have to honk at also.
    09-14-07 12:55 PM
    Yup... Me too! I had a sidekick and was irritated with it cause can't use easily while driving (that and its a damn kiddie phone) so I had to ignore a lot of notices... But now I've got "mr black" and I can do it all with ease so I can stay safe yet satisfied!

10-11-07 09:12 PM
    Almost always in the car for work so YES I am guilty of DWBB!
    10-11-07 09:17 PM
    From time to time. If I see its a friend just wanting to bs I'll call them with the bt headset. Def a must in the car.

10-11-07 09:37 PM
    I never not use it. My husband is so mad he got me addicted to crack. Shame on him.
    10-12-07 10:10 PM
    I confess...I do text while driving. I had a razr and I was such a pro I didn't even have to look at it to even type, send and resp, I got the BB and it was soo different I was txting while driving to class...and decided I needed more practice before I start to do that again.

Driving 80 down the highway while next to the concrete barrier because they are fixing the entire "east" side of the highway....so it curves and narrows with no notice!!

Needless to say I waited til I got to the school parking lot before I replied to anything...

I am a huge multi tasker, I could be like navilyn with 2 screens and have them both filed up.. lol at work not only do i txt.. i IM ..fax (via email)..listen to music..burn client files to cd....make calls and have at least 15 other work programs up while being the onsite IT tech & on duty manager. So txting while driving is like nothing to me.
    10-12-07 11:59 PM
    I would check it in traffic and at a red light.
    While driving sometimes I would be taking pics.
    I do not use the BB to txt etc when someone else is in the car with me.I try to hide that part of my crack addiction.

10-13-07 07:25 AM
    guilty as charged....i use my blackberry even when moving sometimes...bad i know.
    10-13-07 08:37 AM
    Why did I never do this until I got my BB? Actually, I do make/receive all my calls via bluetooth. I can't say I worry too much about the e-mails & txt while driving. I did go ahead and sign up for Jott to be able to record voice responses to my most common e-mail and txt freinds. That helps quite a bit. But the temptation to respond to the data messages is still very strong.
    10-13-07 09:02 AM
    I can say I talk, check emails and messages. Dependong on if I'm in the car by myself I will text back but that's very seldom.

10-17-07 10:54 AM
    I wanted to know if anyone uses their blackberry while driving or at a red light, in bumper to bumper traffic etc
    I'll admit I've sent a few text messages in the past while driving. I don't do this anymore because it's insanity and I had a talk with myself about this bad behavior.

Driving is too important a responsibility to jeapordize your life and the lives of others for something so frivolous and taking your eyes off the road to play with your phone.

Not to get on a soapbox, but I live in California and we have a LOT of traffic. These days whenever you see someone ahead of you driving too slowly or not paying attention when they should be, it almost always is because they are talking on the phone and not paying attention to their primary responsibility - driving.

Imagine how you'd feel if you ran through a cross walk and injured a child because you were sending a text message or checking emails when you should have had your eyes on the road.

It might be tempting to do, but if that email or text message is that important then PULL OVER and put your car in park, put on the parking brake and then SMS and email your heart out.
    10-17-07 07:48 PM
    Phoenix just outlawed texting while driving.

There have been two recent, well publicized, fatal accidents caused by texting and trying to drive here in Phoenix.

Anything that takes your attention from the road can be dangerous.
    10-17-07 08:03 PM
    I'm ashamed to say I use my curve while I'm driving(not very safe).

10-17-07 08:04 PM
    There have been two recent, well publicized, fatal accidents caused by texting and trying to drive here in Phoenix.

Totally heartbreaking.

Can you imagine living the rest of your life knowing that you killed someone as you frivolously sent text messages while driving?
    10-17-07 08:21 PM
    I email and text while driving, how else am I suppose to get anything done?
    10-21-07 05:17 PM
    GUILTY as charged. I do it and I admit to doing it. I know I shouldn't, but I still do it.
    10-21-07 05:20 PM
    I have to drive all the time for my job so how can i not. i dont know how many times iv had people honk at me at red lights that turned green and i didnt see it because i was finishing a text or email haha
    10-21-07 06:03 PM
    I have to drive all the time for my job so how can i not. i dont know how many times iv had people honk at me at red lights that turned green and i didnt see it because i was finishing a text or email haha
    Selfish, rude, irresponsible, dangerous.
    10-22-07 11:04 PM
    im gulity -- I try to keep it to message headers only. But sometimes I get sucked in... I can't help it. My wife yells at me for it. But when I find that red light, I am all over it!
    10-24-07 06:41 AM
    I text answer calls, drink my coffee, and smoke my smoke. But I have an assistant help sometimes as well. It's good to be king.
    10-24-07 12:05 PM
    I've yet to get an email or text important enough to reply or even read while driving, even before I got the faithful bb. Maybe thats because all of the people that are important can simply call my bb and I will answer via bluetooth. I just think its unsafe to text while driving, it's like driving and attempting to read a book. Good luck if you can handle it.
    10-24-07 04:04 PM
123 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD