Oh Audit you are a riot. That has got to be the funniest reply yet.

I know in NY and NJ you must wear a headset otherwise you get a hefty ticket. In a way it's a good thing they implemented that law because people, yes men and women both, drive wrecklessly with one hand on the wheel and the other shouting on their BlackBerries. New Yorkers are bad enough with 2 hands on the wheel let alone one.

Gia
    07-25-07 09:49 AM
    Only at stoplights, though I might peek at who it's from. Since I got my wife a BT headset, she calls me now, instead of texting me when she knows I'm driving.
    07-25-07 10:13 AM
    If more wives were like yours rrrebo, it would be a safer place! You can see she truly cares about you. aaaww

Gia
    07-25-07 10:43 AM
    i try not to text while driving but ive been pretty guilty of reading while driving...

last week the traffic was so bad i had time to sit and read all my Viigo feeds
    07-25-07 11:05 AM
    If more wives were like yours rrrebo, it would be a safer place! You can see she truly cares about you. aaaww

Gia
    Only since I got her the headset...
    07-25-07 11:15 AM
    I will glance at my BB to see who sent an email or text message while at a stop sign or light. Mostly I use a headset for calls when driving.
    07-25-07 12:13 PM
    We have a few cities that have laws about txt'ing while driving and last night I was pulled over by a cop and as he went to write me up for it, I showed him that I wasn't txt messaging and that I was replying to an e-mail. The 2 are COMPLETELY different and he let me go. I think he was more confused then anything.
    LOL, that's hysterical!
    07-25-07 12:49 PM
    Here in the UK you'd be fined approx $120, have your driving license endorsed with three penalty points if seen using a mobile phone whilst driving without a hands free kit - 12 points and your banned from anything up to twelve months or more !!

But then we have speed camera's nearly every other mile and a police force more intent on persecuting motorists, rather than the offenders of serious crime.

Drivers who challenge a mobile phone offence at court could risk a maximum fine of $2,000, which rises to $5,000 for the driver of a bus, coach or heavy goods vehicle.

Police officers operating mobile safety cameras will be on the lookout for drivers using hand-held mobile phones, as well as looking for speeding motorists.

In fact one locally caught a drink driver drinking from a can of beer whilst driving !! Another was caught and banned for sticking two fingers up at the police officer who had caught him at the same spot two weeks prior speeding (okay this guy took both hands of the steering wheel & stuck two set of fingers up at the officer by all accounts - he was prosecuted for driving with undue care and attention !!)

Normally the offence will be recorded on a video tape, and a Notice of Intended Prosecution will be sent out to the owner of the vehicle in the same way that a speeding offence would be dealt with.

While fixed safety cameras are only activated when a vehicle exceeds the speed limit, if a driver is photographed using a hand-held mobile phone a Notice of Intended Prosecution will be issued for both offences.
    Last edited by Bluebeard; 07-25-07 at 01:55 PM.
    07-25-07 01:19 PM
    Here, in Greece, except for the fine, police takes your license for 1 month.

The stupid thing here is that you are OK if you are talking with a bluetooth handsfree, but not if you are talking with a wired one hehehehe...
    07-25-07 01:25 PM
    I've even checked my blackberry while on my motorcycle....
    07-26-07 10:14 AM
    I have texted while driving, pulled my car over to respond to a urgent email, and usually my berry is close to my thigh when i am driving since its on vibrate...this one certain time i was concentratin on gettin out of a parkin lot of a buzy mall when my berry vibrated and i took a sharp turn..since then ..i have been really careful
    07-26-07 12:17 PM
    I have texted while driving, pulled my car over to respond to a urgent email, and usually my berry is close to my thigh when i am driving since its on vibrate...this one certain time i was concentratin on gettin out of a parkin lot of a buzy mall when my berry vibrated and i took a sharp turn..since then ..i have been really careful
    yup yup yup... I really have to watch where I put my BB when it's on "vibrate"

I'm guilty of texting and checking EMails while driving, too. I try to only do the replies while at red lights (I'm the person in front of you that you have to honk at when the light turns green).

BF and I text "call when you can" to the other before we call, so that the other has time to get their headset on. Nothing like trying to get your headset plugged in while you're on a call whilst driving....
    07-26-07 07:55 PM
    BF and I text "call when you can" to the other before we call, so that the other has time to get their headset on. Nothing like trying to get your headset plugged in while you're on a call whilst driving....
    Thats so smart!
    Going to have my BF start doing the same.
    07-26-07 08:11 PM
    Thats so smart!
    Going to have my BF start doing the same.
    yeah... I typically will text him as soon as I get my headset on, that way, he can call me when he's set up (or after he gets off the phone, or after he gets out of work, whichever comes first). He has the longer commute than I - I live 3 miles from where I work.... his commute is 45 min on a good day - over an hour usually, tho.
    07-26-07 08:55 PM
    While some of the comments are funny other's have my mouth wide open. Hate to be the mother hine of the group but please be careful and thoughful not just for yourself but also of other's so many things could go wrong from one simple act. And as for me not on your life that txt and email can waite

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-26-07 09:16 PM
    Oh Audit you are a riot. That has got to be the funniest reply yet.

I know in NY and NJ you must wear a headset otherwise you get a hefty ticket. In a way it's a good thing they implemented that law because people, yes men and women both, drive wrecklessly with one hand on the wheel and the other shouting on their BlackBerries. New Yorkers are bad enough with 2 hands on the wheel let alone one.

Gia
    We don't have any cell phone laws in SC that I'm aware of, but a buddy of mine lives in Cali, and they're making everyone have to be hands-free by 2008 I think...at least in his part of the state...
    07-26-07 09:50 PM
    yup yup yup... I really have to watch where I put my BB when it's on "vibrate"

I'm guilty of texting and checking EMails while driving, too. I try to only do the replies while at red lights (I'm the person in front of you that you have to honk at when the light turns green).

First thing i did when i converted my girlfriend into a berry user is get her a bluetooth headset. I am that person too who gets a bird flipped at her for being on the redlight few seconds more than required .....Trying to get the headset on while on call is difficult ... you guys would be more safe if you have bluetooth headsets
    07-27-07 08:17 AM
    First thing i did when i converted my girlfriend into a berry user is get her a bluetooth headset. I am that person too who gets a bird flipped at her for being on the redlight few seconds more than required .....Trying to get the headset on while on call is difficult ... you guys would be more safe if you have bluetooth headsets
    Actually, I do have a bluetooth headset. BF doesn't have one... YET. However, I've had times where my BT has died in the middle of a call or for whatever reason fails to connect to my phone. Then, I must use a wired headset, which I keep in my car just for that purpose.
    07-28-07 08:34 AM
    Since I began using a cel phone, I have made it a rule to always pull over to the side of the road whenever receiving an incoming call. When travelling with the wife, I hand her the phone so she can take the call. This way, its not an accident waiting to happen.
    07-31-07 08:55 PM
    I use my bb at green lights, yellow lights and red lights. I use my bb while sitting n bumper 2 bumper traffic or while I'm doing 75 on 75s. I have a 7130e & I can use 1hand to drive and the other hand to operate my bb. the addiction continues....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-07 08:20 PM
    I originally posted that I don't use my BB while driving and that's still true. However, I just got my new prescription sunglasses and I had them made with a bi-focal so I can at least see whats' going on with my BB while driving!
    08-08-07 08:44 PM
    Now, by red light do you mean the flashing red light....or the stoplight?
    08-08-07 09:29 PM
    i used to be guilty of using the BB while driving (texting was the big thing) but since i installed the Bury handsfree kit i cant text while driving anymore... i would have to lean over my shifter to push the buttons... i tryed to make it work but being an EMT i didnt feel safe at all. its really a good deturrant for the crackberry driving.
    08-08-07 09:57 PM
    yes i have to. I drive all day and night, and i will bb doing 70 mph on the intersate i got to it's in me big time......
    08-27-07 10:17 AM
    I use a window mount (PanaVise 809-PG) holder for my BB, easy access for messages and GPS. Get my bluetooth going and connect my Stowaway Shasta Bluetooth Keyboard, and typing myself to drive I know it is bad and I should not be doing it, but it is just crazy ignoring those blinking red light asking me to "check me, check me". It is like my BB is screaming at me .. lol

A geek needs to do what a geek needs to do
    08-27-07 02:18 PM
123 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD