View Poll Results: Do you think this was a "troll" post?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

5 22.73%
  • No

17 77.27%
    In the Thread/Poll asking titled "Will you buy an LTE PlayBook? " I voted and posted the following:

------

Blackberry 4G Playbook to launch on 9th August (with OS 2.01 and not 2.1)

The world yawns and moves on...

The reviews of this unit will be brutal to say the least.

It's a year late.
    Still missing key applications that non-BB phone owners will expect in a tablet.
    Still plain. No cascades or "eye candy".
    Still will have the same lame PIM.
    Still missing key customer oriented features. (Organizing favorites in the browser is one)

Simply not enough improvement over the first models and not offering what the consumer wants in a tablet.....yet. Folks will not buy the "it's coming" line anymore.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

RIM isnt suppossed to be releasing items that are "not ready".

As you will see, sales and reviews will say "RIM hasn't learned or changed anything".

Price point will be key to moving any of these items. Do we see another large mark down in inventory being created here?

Tim

Edited:
    I just noticed one of the 4 reason to purchase a PB on the BB website is "movies".
    Bad move.
    The consumers next question is " will it do NetFlix" and we all know the answer to that.
    It does not solve the issue it brings focus to a BIG missing app.

------------

To me, I have seen much worse posts that I do consider being "trolling".

Do you think I should of received the nasty gram and a bad 20 points?

Tim
    crackcookie likes this.
    08-05-12 08:46 AM
    Here are the rules they posted on "trolling"

Trolling
    Please do not troll in the forums.
    Do not flame, insult or post personal attacks against other users.
    Do not make posts just for creating arguments.
    Be courteous, not rude. Any instances or reports of trolling posts and/or harassment of other members will be treated seriously.

CrackBerry.com has a zero tolerance policy against this kind of behavior, which may result with an immediate temporary or permanent ban at moderators' discretion. CrackBerry.com is a friendly place - treat members with respect at all times. If you don't have something nice to say, do not say it!
    08-05-12 08:50 AM
    You can't fight it Tim, it is what it is which needs adjustment. If anyone or the right ones are offended by anything these days then the offended person is in the right. Myself I see nothing trollish. I've received the same.

I reply to mod who spanked me and then that's the end of it and I move on.
    08-05-12 09:01 AM
    I've been wondering about this myself! I just signed up here, and, was already questioned in the very first thread I participated in. I also read something when I first joined that made it sound like anything negative, is trolling and not allowed! I just spend several minutes looking, and finally found it in the playbook forum:

That said, we have a zero tolerance policy toward individuals who come into the forums just to tear it apart. If you think the PlayBook sucks then try hanging out in your own forum instead. The BlackBerry PlayBook forum is dedicated to PlayBook enthusiasts - not PlayBook haters. If you're stopping by to talk smack and turn people away from the forum you will be asked to leave.

So I'm glad if it's specific to that forum only. To be honest, it sounds...kind of unprofessional and petty.

I've always thought that in general, people should be free to express their opinions, as long as it doesn't involve personal attack, profanity, insults, and inflammatory behavior with no content, but of course, the powers that be here, can set the forum policy as they please!

Your post sounds fine to me....you didn't get personal, you didn't attack anyone...AND You gave reasons as to your opinion! (well organized ones at that!)

So I'm just a newb, and don't know, but....and this is sad to me...if posting negatively about the future of RIM is trolling, I won't last long :-( I posted a full opinion of how, to be honest, I think RIM is already on death row, and I don't think there is any way out at this point. Pessimistic perhaps, but I believe it. That said, for the true blue fans, I hope I'm wrong.

It's funny, reading some of the posts which seem particularly delusionally optimistic, I'm reminded of times in my life when I had intense loyalty to a losing effort.....ATARI 5200 FOREVER MAN!!!!!
    08-05-12 09:21 AM
    I remember reading your post in that thread. It was bold and stood out . I remember rereading it more than once. That being said, no, I don't believe it is trolling, even though you left yourself open to a forum fight. The reason, your profile lists you as bb user. Fewer and fewer on here every day. Some of the mods have even moved on from bb. Your post tells me you are both passionate and frustrated at the same time. It does bother me when I see a post like that from an ios or android user
    08-05-12 10:21 AM
    In the Thread/Poll asking titled "Will you buy an LTE PlayBook? " I voted and posted the following:

------

Blackberry 4G Playbook to launch on 9th August (with OS 2.01 and not 2.1)

The world yawns and moves on...

The reviews of this unit will be brutal to say the least.

It's a year late.
    Still missing key applications that non-BB phone owners will expect in a tablet.
    Still plain. No cascades or "eye candy".
    Still will have the same lame PIM.
    Still missing key customer oriented features. (Organizing favorites in the browser is one)

Simply not enough improvement over the first models and not offering what the consumer wants in a tablet.....yet. Folks will not buy the "it's coming" line anymore.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

RIM isnt suppossed to be releasing items that are "not ready".

As you will see, sales and reviews will say "RIM hasn't learned or changed anything".

Price point will be key to moving any of these items. Do we see another large mark down in inventory being created here?

Tim

Edited:
    I just noticed one of the 4 reason to purchase a PB on the BB website is "movies".
    Bad move.
    The consumers next question is " will it do NetFlix" and we all know the answer to that.
    It does not solve the issue it brings focus to a BIG missing app.

------------

Tim
    No it is not trolling but I have a problem with this myself. The moderators have so much power and there is no clear definition, so, depending upon how they feel or how upset they are they will easily call your post a troll.

Even though the PB isn't doing hot, so maybe there is some merit to your post, even though the Pb's best feature was free data so now being able to pay for it won't all of a sudden boost sales, and even though apps lacking are a major factor as to why no one got the first one.....everything makes sense, and you did not insult anyone or use completely bad language, or language that was even covering up bad language.

the mods here are just upset BB is struggling and taking it out on forum users. There isn't much positive going on right now, but they want all posts to be positive. Where is the discussion, the debate, there has to be a negative side......BB wouldn't take a 37 cent loss per product IF THERE WASN'T a negative side!!
    08-05-12 10:23 AM
    For heavens sake........

No, it is not trolling. It is a well expressed opinion that went well beyond "BlackBerry sux"
    How any sane person could see or call that "trolling" is completely beyond me.

But while we are on the issue, this whole "trolling" thing has reached the point of maximum stupidity.

I am not going to repeat my "farting unicorn" analogy but we are now at a point where anyone who does not see RIM through the prism of roses, sunshine and rainbows is automatically an agenda driven "troll" hellbent on bringing RIM to it's knees.
    08-05-12 10:41 AM
    I am not sure about the trolling, but it sure looks like the epitome of negativity. Sounds more like you dont want to see the product succeed.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    _StephenBB81 likes this.
    08-05-12 10:49 AM
    Awww come on AG... tell us your "farting unicorn' analogy again.
    08-05-12 10:49 AM
    It does bother me when I see a post like that from an ios or android user
    Why's that? Most android/iOS users who stick around here are passionate and frustrated as well.
    richardat likes this.
    08-05-12 10:55 AM

Tim
    I don't think that it was trolling, over the top maybe and maybe even a little true. I have seen many worse posts.

Maybe the twenty points was for a series of posts, I don't know. The infraction I earned was 10 points and I was picking a fight so I don't know how you earn a 20 pointer.
    08-05-12 11:06 AM
    Your asking a forum packed with trolls if a post is trolling? Don't be surprised if they don't think it is. As for your post, it probably meets the definition of a troll post. If you had posted something similar about Apple products you would have almost certainly gotten an infraction. They seem to tolerate criticism of RIM'S products though.
    08-05-12 11:25 AM
    Why's that? Most android/iOS users who stick around here are passionate and frustrated as well.

True, there is a core of android and iphone users, mods included, that make informative and objective postings. You know who you are . It could very well be that BB users frustration is at redline and bb users make the most negative postings. I simply cut the OP some slack because he is a BB user. Surely there is thread in android central or iphone forums that allow for RIM bashing and negativity for somebody that has moved on from BB. From the OP, to the mods, to the casual forum reader, it all subjective anyway.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-05-12 11:40 AM
    True, there is a core of android and iphone users, mods included, that make informative and objective postings. You know who you are . It could very well be that BB users frustration is at redline and bb users make the most negative postings. I simply cut the OP some slack because he is a BB user. Surely there is thread in android central or iphone forums that allow for RIM bashing and negativity for somebody that has moved on from BB. From the OP, to the mods, to the casual forum reader, it all subjective anyway.
    On other platform forums, BB is mentioned VERY rarely. The majority of people who move away from BB simply never look back. Those who move away from BB but come to crackberry to bash are, in my opinion, like little boys who tease and pick on little girls. Outwardly it appears that the little boy thinks the little girl is ugly, smells funny, etc but the little boy actually has a crush .
    08-05-12 11:47 AM
    On other platform forums, BB is mentioned VERY rarely. The majority of people who move away from BB simply never look back. Those who move away from BB but come to crackberry to bash are, in my opinion, like little boys who tease and pick on little girls. Outwardly it appears that the little boy thinks the little girl is ugly, smells funny, etc but the little boy actually has a crush .
    Yes, this is a good analogy.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    08-05-12 12:19 PM

Boys are so weird.....
    08-05-12 12:32 PM
    Most of the things are quite true in your post.

If a company is struggling to stay in business...like RIM, i don't know why we should ignore the fact that it is true.

It's like this....

Let's say someone makes a thread about what blackberry phone he/she should get.

And i tell him to get the 9900...the person then asks why?

So i tell him all the positive stuffs that the 9900 has and can do....but am i not allowed to state the negatives also?

Like...no skype..no netflix...no siri...etc.
    08-05-12 12:41 PM
    If I had to guess.. I'd say it was the "The world yawns and moves on" statement that triggered a reaction.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    08-05-12 12:50 PM
    Most of the things are quite true in your post.

If a company is struggling to stay in business...like RIM, i don't know why we should ignore the fact that it is true.

It's like this....

Let's say someone makes a thread about what blackberry phone he/she should get.

And i tell him to get the 9900...the person then asks why?

So i tell him all the positive stuffs that the 9900 has and can do....but am i not allowed to state the negatives also?

Like...no skype..no netflix...no siri...etc.
    If a user is asking
    "Which BlackBerry I should get
    You very much give them the Pro's and con's of each BlackBerry

NONE of which would be "no skype, no netflix, no siri, as they are not on ANY BlackBerry, that is like me asking what sports car I should buy and people listing off
    No trailer hitch, No parachute, only 1 Engine.

should the user ask Which phone they should buy, then a comment relating to Netflix/skype/siri is more valid and would be welcome

I didn't read the thread the OP's post was in, to feel the flavour of the thread, nor would I have been able to see his post. BUT
    when asking "would you buy the LTE BlackBerry PlayBook" I see an Entire post without an answer to the question and statements clearly made to have the BlackBerry faithful upset, "The world yawns and moves on..." was such a comment constructive? did it bring any value to the post? I suspect the world will NOT move on, as the rest of the post said, it will be reviewed and talked about until BB10 launches,

I think on it's own the Post wouldn't be trolling but in the context of a thread asking if you'll buy a LTE PlayBook, ON a BlackBerry fan site, yes the Post would be trolling.
    08-05-12 12:50 PM
    I don't think that it was trolling, over the top maybe and maybe even a little true. I have seen many worse posts.

Maybe the twenty points was for a series of posts, I don't know. The infraction I earned was 10 points and I was picking a fight so I don't know how you earn a 20 pointer.
    Wow you can get points for being bad? Thats down right childish. Like detention from a hall monitor. I have 2 playbooks and like them. However the "troll" post has some very good points and I happen to agree with the op. BTW can you cash points in for discounts at the store?
    08-05-12 12:52 PM
    I remember reading your post in that thread. It was bold and stood out . I remember rereading it more than once. That being said, no, I don't believe it is trolling, even though you left yourself open to a forum fight. The reason, your profile lists you as bb user. Fewer and fewer on here every day. Some of the mods have even moved on from bb. Your post tells me you are both passionate and frustrated at the same time. It does bother me when I see a post like that from an ios or android user
    I do believe that one of the monitors uses an android devive and its listed on his profile. Howiemart or something like that
    08-05-12 12:54 PM
    The equipment selected and used by moderators and forum managers is completely irrelevant. Moderators are appointed for their ability to keep the discussions flowing within forum rules, a competent moderator should be able to handle forums on any of the Mobile Nations sites, or a site covering any other topic.

For better or worse that is where this discussion will terminate. The correct course of action to dispute a warning would be appeal to the moderator who issued it, and/or to the Forum Managers. An attempt to whip up a sympathy response is doomed from the first post.
    BBPandy and BigBadWulf like this.
    08-05-12 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD