View Poll Results: Do you appreciate your current device?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • NO! Give me my BB10 NOW!

15 14.15%
  • Sorta, I like it but NEED the new BB10.

23 21.70%
  • Yes, it makes the wait a easier.

40 37.74%
  • Definately, I might even wait for the Aristo!

22 20.75%
  • BB10 who?

6 5.66%
    So, with all of the news about BB10 and the Z10 flying around CrackBerry (and beyond), it has become an increasingly difficult prospect to ignore news and wait patiently for the US launch. We all know this! This morning I am sitting at work and I looked at my Bold 9930... WOW, this is an amazing phone. I have had it since it launched on Sprint in August 2011 and haven't really thought about it since following all the news.

It is an amazing device, the styling is beautiful... The OS is still really slick in my opinion and above all it is effective. I think I (and maybe more of us) forget about the great apsects of our current devices when I get caught up in news and hype. While I am definately excited for the Z10 and beyond with BB10... I realized this morning, the wait really isn't that bad. By Bold 9930 still looks and runs like it is BRAND NEW ! It is a workhorse and I could see this thing lasting two more years easily (hoping it won't have to though).

So, Do you appreciate your current device? Does it help with the wait? What will you do once the Z10 / Q10 / Other BB10 launches in the US?
    02-19-13 10:22 AM
    I love my 9850, it's just the memory leaks that bug the crud out of me.
    Aside from that, I am a patient man, but I look forward to picking up a Z10. If I was still on an older device, the wait would probably be killing me though.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850 using Tapatalk
    02-19-13 10:30 AM
    My device was free, when you are as cheap as I am that trumps all other requirements.
    02-19-13 10:31 AM
    Im happy with my 9800 and my GS3. The only reason I want a Z10 is because my 9800 is on its last legs, I can wait though.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-19-13 10:39 AM
    My 9810 still works great. I have the wifi calling, BeWeather, Google Voice, WhatsApp, Opera Mini, Bloomberg, Chase, Poynt, GPS Logger, iSpeech Translater, LINE, WeChat, Viber, which most of them are not available on BB10 (yet). I am not eligible for full discount until Oct anyway. I'll wait.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-19-13 10:47 AM
    All I can say is ''No, not really, I don't appreciate my current device or even the BlackBerry devices themselves anymore.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    02-19-13 10:52 AM
    I got rid of my 9930 for a Win8 Lumia 822 and I HATE the 822. Well that's a strong word, but lets just say I'm not satisfied with the user experience. Fortunately I get a sneak peak as I have a Dev Alpha which I use on another carrier with BB10 software, but it's not quite the same, since the Z10 specs are better AND my main carrier is also better. Can't WAIT till I get my Zed 10 from Verizon!
    02-19-13 10:54 AM
    Great to see some diversity here! At the time of this post, the Poll is a perfect Bell Curve!
    1. 11.11%
    2. 22.22 %
    3. 33.33%
    4. 22.22%
    5. 11.11%

HAHA nice.
    BergerKing and ajst222 like this.
    02-19-13 12:11 PM
    Appreciate and greatful for my current 9900. Yes it makes the wait easier. I will keep and store my 9900 along with my other BB's once I win the Z10 contest here on CB, but my plan is to purchase the Q10 if I can't wait for my upgrade which is in Nov.
    02-19-13 05:57 PM
    Me, my 9810 and my Playbook are doing great. I'll probably ride my 9810 to its grave.
    BergerKing and bruteforce037 like this.
    02-19-13 06:05 PM
    I'm currently using the 9810 right now and I still appreciate it (I've had it since two black friday's ago). It still works great for me and it's going to hold me down till the Z10 comes out.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    02-19-13 06:11 PM
    I as well am very happy with my 9930 and 16gb wifi PlayBook. I want BB10 do not get me wrong. I will wait until I have the new keyboard in hand and play with the device before I purchase it.
    02-19-13 06:41 PM
    I do to a certain extent. But I'm also ready for a new device. I been on alot of tech blogs today and I WANT a new device. A new z10. My only sadness of today is after reading all the blackberry hating tech sites (idk why I do that), I kinda see the blackberry has a steep road ahead. HTC not really but they will market the he'll out of the specs on that phone. Same with galaxy s faux frum samsung. But only time will tell and I think blackberry will live in. Longer than HTC. But then there's the ubuntu crap coming out. Will see. Sorry to rant but back to the question. I love my 9930 and I appriciate all it does. But for some stupid reason I'm ready for a new device although I DONT NEED it, just WANT
    Last edited by Emu the Foo; 02-19-13 at 07:40 PM.
    02-19-13 06:51 PM
    I'm not religious (in the least) but I believe universally, things happen for reasons we may not like or accept...or understand.

I seriously think The delay on the phones was calculated to build buzz. They knew people were going to talk....
    and man are they ever right.

Everyone always wants what they can't have.....
    02-19-13 07:21 PM
    I'm not religious (in the least) but I believe universally, things happen for reasons we may not like or accept...or understand.

I seriously think The delay on the phones was calculated to build buzz. They knew people were going to talk....

I agree whole-heartedly! Also agree with your signature as I'm a self taught guitarist
    RussBerry007 likes this.
    02-19-13 07:29 PM
    I am very excited for the Z10 and i am crossing my fingers it does not get delayed.
    02-19-13 07:39 PM

Funny you say that. I got this quote from a commenter of an article posted buy some analysis doucher

"The fact that a z10 can't power on without a hundred articles about it shows interest. So many people are commenting with no knowledge on the products. This phone is amazing period. BlackBerry might not be number one anymore but doesn't mean their done. Burger King doesn't close because McDonald's is bigger."

To that man's comment I say, true story, very true story indeed.
    shaleem likes this.
    02-19-13 07:43 PM
    I still love my little 9650. It still looks perfect, which is surprising after banging around in a purse with cars keys and other assorted items for two years without a protector of any kind. I never had the frustrating problems with it so many people report. Combined with BeBuzz and BeMail, it's about as easy and perfect as a phone can be (at least for messaging and notifications).

Not thrilled with the browser I'll admit, but the PlayBook eased that pain a bit. I specifically bought the PlayBook to give myself something new to explore while I waited. But now that the Z10 released without all those BBOS features many of us valued so much, I'm kinda on the fence about getting one. Love the OS, but I really value the BBOS customization and notification options.
    02-19-13 08:08 PM
    Yeah I agree about the customization... I've heard that BeBuzz is / or will be on BB10 and there is an LED changer on there already.
    I'm not sure if I will miss the fully customizable profiles or not (part of me wants the simplicity).

We will see where it goes, I don't have an upgrade until June, so it may grow drastically by then.
    02-19-13 08:13 PM
    As intrigued as I am for a BB-10 phone...

Currently my 9810 bridges fully to my PlayBooks, works with data compression on BIS, has customizable alerts, all the apps I need and good battery life, all in a slider format.

Until a BB-10 phone is released with these features matched or bettered, my Torch is currently my daily workhorse.

Cheers,
    02-19-13 09:47 PM
    well. bb is thee best to me and my needs. I'm chugging along on a lower end device
    but it is faster than some of the higher ends from a few yrs back. Esp. the 8530, that phone
    was ok but not really fast like this new 7.1 I tried the rest and back with the best. I am starting
    to notice the signs of addiction again with the phone by my side always on...

Android has alot to offer.....but to me sometimes less is more when you just want to get it done!!
    BergerKing and wing2299 like this.
    02-19-13 09:55 PM
    I'm currently satisfied with my device, but I do wanna be back on BB, there are friends I miss talking to on BBM. It will be a little while before I have to make a move, though.
    RussBerry007 likes this.
    02-19-13 10:07 PM
    I love my 9900 and would be perfectly happy with it for a long time. However, I must admit that I am one of those guys who always wants the latest technology. A ridiculous failing on my part, I know, but .....well ....that is me. I really was going to wait for the Q10, but now I can't wait to get my hands on th Z10.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-20-13 09:24 AM
    Let's just say, I can only hope the Z10 does what I need as well as my 9900 does.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-20-13 09:31 AM
    I absolutely adore my Bold 9930 and will gladly wait for the Aristo. I want something as gorgeous as my current phone and unfortunately neither the Z10 nor the Q10 are doing it for me. Worst case scenario(which isn't really saying much) I'll get a white Z10.
    BergerKing and bruteforce037 like this.
    02-20-13 09:33 AM
69 123