i need to know if these two signals conflict with each other. the reason i ask is because when i have my phone connected to my router and the bluetooth running at the same time, it will drop calls about 6 mins into the call. now i know it seems like it would be obvious but i just want to know if anybody has had the same problem or if their is documentation on this matter. im running 4.6.1.206 if that helps anything. thanks in advance
    06-03-09 05:11 PM
    I have not seen any problem with them both running at the same time. I leave Bluetooth active all the time, and whenever I'm near WiFi I use that. I've not had any calls drop, and I've not had any problems with data service.
    06-03-09 05:30 PM
    This issue is oft-discussed. That OS a shouldn't present a problem.

The problem is more likely the headset or router. Change router channels (as per the manufacturer's directions). If that doesn't resolve the issue, get a headset that is compliant with Bluetooth version 1.2 or higher.

I use a Bluetrek Metal with my 8900 and WiFi and have talked (on UMA) for over an hour at a time with no problems whatsoever.
    Last edited by crackberry_jones; 06-03-09 at 05:40 PM.
    06-03-09 05:35 PM
    It should not be.

Bare in mind that your home router's connection can be very fragile meaning the connection can never be stable. At least for all my used router.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 01:13 AM
    The answer is YES!! Wifi (UMA) and bluetooth do not play well together. It has been documented.... click here
    06-04-09 01:34 AM
    The answer is YES!! Wifi (UMA) and bluetooth do not play well together. It has been documented.... click here
    That link is broken (on my 8900 anyway) but I believe that you're working with outdated information. BT and 802.11g WiFi (UMA) both operate in the 2.5 GHz range. But if the BT device is standard 1.2 (or higher) it can operate on more frequencies (outside the range of 802.11g) and should not interfere with WiFi.

If you're having problems with BT and WiFi, they can be resolved. I have zero interference issues with the gear (and settings) that I'm using.
    Last edited by crackberry_jones; 06-04-09 at 08:10 AM.
    06-04-09 08:07 AM
    The answer is NO Bob.....NO. Case and point: when I'm at home (home office), I use a Motorola H300 and log over 6 to 8 hours of talk time a day over Wi-Fi (UMA) with Bluetooth on and have never had any problems; whether it was performance or dropped calls etc..

I can also confirm reliable performance with no issues using my BlueAnt V1 under the same conditions.
    06-04-09 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD