09-13-15 09:02 AM
52 123
tools
    "" Am just talking my idea as a regular user not a professional ""

Well.......

I am no business man or claim to know how the market works.

As a user i started losing faith in Mr.John chen. When he came in with his great history and impressive CV, many of us had high hopes that things will finally start getting better.

BUT

" as a user " I feel that this guy does not really know what he is doing, or had the wrong idea, in a away reminds me of Nokia's Stephen Elop.

where to start..... hard to say
    Turning BBM from a leader in its field to a teenagers joke, or the disappearing devices from the market.
    I have a long list actually.

Blackberry never been so low as now, and thanks to Mr.John chen, No advertising, No clear marketing plan, No attractive devices for mass markets, and other many NOs.

I had my Z10 since it came out, I wanted to update my device, but for 3 years nothing came out to make me update my device. and I mean for touch device. Z30 is already 2 years old, Z3 and leap almost all same device even the classic same device with keyboard. So after all this time waiting I decided to take Z30 , so I went to Blackberry shop in Dubai Mall in UAE.

PATHETIC,

that's the first thing came to my mind when I walked in . Location is in the worst point in this huge mall which is almost impossible to know about unless u know there is a shop for blackberry and start searching, few devices are on the display, and the shop itself clean but that's the only thing which is taken care off, cleanness, everything else started aging. how this suppose to attract people?

I still remember how Iphone hit the market, BIG BANG. everybody was talking about it without even knowing what is it, ppl lining for hours to buy a device they've never heard about before, and apple itself was not that big as it is now, for looong time it was forgotten.

Chen is burying the best OS in market. I know ppl left blackberry for systems, mostly the lack of apps is the reason, and they miss BB10 , even IOS with all the hype could not give them what BB10 does.

I know the OS is powerful and at the same time does not need huge resources to run smoothly as Android, but this is not a good reason Mr.Chen to keep using same hardware for 3 years for different devices, which you were already mocked for using dated hardware for z10 when it first came out.

Take Samsung for example, they keep update the hardware not cuz they have to , but to tell the mass market we have something new and sell more.

anyway, this can go forever, and all what I hope, BB can rise again, but seems it will face the same fate of Nokia under Mr.chen leadership.
    1Sleeper7 likes this.
    09-10-15 05:47 PM
    I trust him 100%. I see his vision. It's only been 2yrs and the pieces are coming together. It looks as though he's trying to build something for the long haul.

Ask this question again 2yrs from now.

 Z10 STL 100-3 with vitamin 10.3.1.2744 on AT&T
    09-10-15 05:58 PM
    Unfortunately Mr Chen's number one priority is to stop the bleeding and improve the revenue stream so they can be around as a viable company, period.

I think he has made some smart moves with the acquisition of Good and some of the security related company's to improve their position in the enterprise sector.

I also would love to see them introduce a new product and at least try and promote it so folks know your still around. It seems like they are keeping any new products under wraps and leaving the consumer and long term users left wondering what the hell is going on???

I am not a CEO, but I am a business person myself and I can tell you based on what I have seen first hand here in the auto industry. It's a hell of a lot harder to rebuilt a tarnished products name then just to start over.

I only wish someone up there in Waterloo would at least give folks a hint when a new product might be released instead of going the long way around the barn. Just my two cents.
    gfondeur likes this.
    09-10-15 06:02 PM
    Yes

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 06:06 PM
    Absolutely !
    09-10-15 06:17 PM
    Never trusted him or any other CEO of any company... all are self serving and only care about the companies bottom line.. which is why they are a CEO in the first place...
    09-10-15 06:23 PM
    Never trusted him since I first saw his face! But I guess anything is better than thursten

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2639
    Doggerz likes this.
    09-10-15 06:26 PM
    and only care about the companies bottom line.. which is why they are a CEO in the first place...
    That's pretty much what a CEO's job is. Do you expect him to NOT care about profits? No company can succeed without profit.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 06:27 PM
    He seems to know what he is doing, very smart at interviews, chooses the wording carefully and calculated. BlackBerry is still alive thanks to him!

Valid Passport!
    09-10-15 06:32 PM
    Sure do

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 06:47 PM
    Anyone trusting a CEO to do something for the general population is imo very naive. John Chen's one and only motivation is to make BB profitable. If that means killing off handsets or releasing an Android phone then that's what he's going to do. He doesn't answer to anyone but the shareholders and "trusting him" is a ridiculous notion that he (or any CEO of a major company) cares about what anyone beyond the shareholders think.
    09-10-15 08:24 PM
    Nope never trusted him. From day one he has been trying walk away from hardware.

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    09-10-15 09:32 PM
    The question is not so much trust, but what do you trust him to do. Do you trust him to accomplish what he was brought in to do, perhaps yes.
    Are you certain that's in your best interest, no.
    And as a BlackBerry10 Device Lover, what you don't know might hurt you.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 10:08 PM
    #Chenpion

Posted via CB10 and the BlackBerry Passport
    09-10-15 10:44 PM
    Lol

Not Fours Years But A Lifetime
    09-10-15 11:59 PM
    Never did trust him. Never will. Get a CEO who is a BlackBerry fan and cheerleader who will advertise and get on Twitter and talk **** to the other companies.

In other words hire Legere.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2339 / T-Mobile USA
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-11-15 12:27 AM
    Anyone trusting a CEO to do something for the general population is imo very naive. John Chen's one and only motivation is to make BB profitable. If that means killing off handsets or releasing an Android phone then that's what he's going to do. He doesn't answer to anyone but the shareholders and "trusting him" is a ridiculous notion that he (or any CEO of a major company) cares about what anyone beyond the shareholders think.
    Yep.

LOL @ trust. I trust him to do his job, which is to increase shareholder value. Simple.

The waning hero worship is both tragic and hilarious. Same thing with Thor.

If I may, whenever one starts tying in emotions with consumer relationships, one has gone too far. Enjoy what you have purchased for what it does in the present.
    donnation likes this.
    09-11-15 12:38 AM
    If you owned a business and saw it threatened with disappearing I think you'd be surprised at how much you'd be willing to do away with and compromise. That's the abyss BlackBerry was looking into. It might mean no more phones at some point. They are there to make money for shareholders and keep folks jobs around. The financials have improved so I think they are basically on track. No billion plus dollar hardware write downs lately that I can remember.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    gfondeur likes this.
    09-11-15 12:52 AM
    No.

He will first preside over the death of BB10 and next preside over the death of the handset division.

Sent from my awesome Ubuntu device using the Forum Browser app
    Doggerz likes this.
    09-11-15 04:23 AM
    No.

He will first preside over the death of BB10 and next preside over the death of the handset division.

Sent from my awesome Ubuntu device using the Forum Browser app
    Both of these are probable. Did anyone really not see this coming?
    09-11-15 09:17 AM
    Both of these are probable. Did anyone really not see this coming?
    I believe there are quite a few people who couldn't or wouldn't see how dire BBRY's situation has been for quite some time.
    09-11-15 12:23 PM
    What he has done is quite impressive, in terms of M&A. Releasing the passport was a smart move. Releasing Budget enterprise phones was a smart move, also.

For those who cry about not receiving an adequate Z10 replacement: You are right.

Squeezing the Passport chip set into a 4.5 or 5 inch full touch candy bar phone would have been appealing to many who look to upgrade.

The sales figures would be at around 2-3 million per device and would warrant to build it.

The goal of 10 million smart phones a year could be reached quite easily with the current customer Base.

BUT!!!!!! Without app support there could not be anything more!

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 12:40 PM
    Don't trust him because he is already stated I am not his focus any more. Never mind that people like me are influential in the purchasing decision of the Enterprise and Government customers he says he is targeting. Never mind that many IT people, and the vendors I deal with talk horribly about the brand and say it is dead, or they are too small. BlackBerry still looks at the users with utter disdain, all while trying to convince the CIO'S of the world, who are also users, that they should be the solution for their environments.

Posted via Z30
    Doggerz likes this.
    09-11-15 01:55 PM
    I definitely think John Chen is a great fit for BlackBerry and I do trust him in his function as the company's CEO.

When judging him, many here on CrackBerry do this from a sole user perspective, sometimes even from a hardcore loyalist perspective. It is needless to say that the loyal user base is important for BlackBerry, but the whole business is a lot more complex.

John Chen is trying to make the company healthy again, from a financial perspective. He is trying to convince shareholders and stakeholders that the company has a good outlook and perspective. The handset business may be the most exposed, the business standing in the spotlight, but BlackBerry has a lot more to offer.

Laying off people is always critical and it often comes with bad publicity. However, layoffs are essential to getting back to financial stability.

Also, Chen has taken steps to move the company forward. Maybe not every single one has yet proven to be beneficial, but there was some visible action instead of diplomatic talk. He is trying to bring things to the market and he seems to be a good motivator too.

At this time, I think Chen is the one BlackBerry has long needed.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 06:04 PM
    How could so many of you fall for his smoke and mirrors show? Chen is raising revenue by purchasing companies .Chen hasn't had one organic BlackBerry success . It is a joke. I can only guess that so many of you are upside down on your BlackBerry stock that you are praying for anything Chen throws at the wall to stick.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by keithhackneysmullet; 09-12-15 at 05:53 AM.
    Doggerz, crackberry_geek and cgk like this.
    09-11-15 06:21 PM
52 123