I know someone from read these discussions, maybe the CEO even take a peek now and then. I'm sure they know that as of now they can't compete against the IPhone let alone the Droid. I think they have their "FAN BASE" and that's companies who use blackberries for communication. Now if Droid and IPhone have push email capability like the blackberry, then its time for RiM to start sweating.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-10 04:32 PM
    there are people who watch these forums for security reasons such as leaks and what not. but no one goes to the CEO and says "hey the customers over at crackberry are very upset at us" or sumthin. believe me they dont care. no one reports back to the CEO's and tells them what they read on crackberry this week. this has already been established
    08-28-10 04:43 PM
    That would be a question for the CEO's if they check the forum ever. As revere said, there definitely isn't anyone assigned to checking the forum for RIM. RIM employees are also not allowed to post in the forum.

Information intake for RIM is done through Blackberry Beta Zone
    08-28-10 04:51 PM
    I know someone from read these discussions, maybe the CEO even take a peek now and then. I'm sure they know that as of now they can't compete against the IPhone let alone the Droid. I think they have their "FAN BASE" and that's companies who use blackberries for communication. Now if Droid and IPhone have push email capability like the blackberry, then its time for RiM to start sweating.

I doubt they are sweating because you think they can't compete.
    08-28-10 05:02 PM

Sweating about what? It's like a broken record in here sometimes. Droid has a better this, iPhone has a better that!! So what??!! My wife has an iPhone 4, she loves it. I can't stand it. One of my best friends has the Droid X, he loves it. I wouldn't want it. They are both great phones for certain people. Neither phone has what I want. That's a fact in my life with my 9700.
    08-28-10 05:19 PM
    u nailed it john
    08-28-10 08:48 PM
    I agree with John as well.

08-28-10 09:37 PM
    RIM employees are also not allowed to post in the forum.
    Good thing RIM has some rebels.
    08-28-10 09:41 PM
    John,

A broken record that you continue to listen too
    08-29-10 09:00 AM
    They are they have people employed in their PR department reading social networking sites and forums...

Source of information?
    08-29-10 11:47 AM
    There are plenty of RIM employees on this site. Some leaks come from these people. I use to have one as a BBM contact. I don't know about the CEOs though.
    08-29-10 02:01 PM
    There are plenty of RIM employees on this site. Some leaks come from these people. I use to have one as a BBM contact. I don't know about the CEOs though.
    This I can agree with, but to think that RIM has employees dedicated to scouring the forums is ridicules. Unless someone can provide proof..
    08-29-10 02:12 PM
    This I can agree with, but to think that RIM has employees dedicated to scouring the forums is ridicules. Unless someone can provide proof..
    Yea it sounds odd, but I can see it happening. Maybe they want a little more inside info from the people who are more likely to complain, voice their opinions. And those are the people who visit the forums. If they are paying people to do this, I would only imagine it to be a handful of them, possibly even less.
    08-29-10 02:33 PM
    There are a lot of companies that are starting to recognize the power of social networking / online discussion forums, monitoring them, and even participating in them to research/disseminate information to the public.

Whether or not RIM is among those companies is something we likely won't ever know for sure. Hopefully they're listening, because I want to use my smartphone for multimedia apps as well as push email and BBM, but the current batch of equipment just won't do the multimedia applications/web browsing nearly as well as many of the other options.

08-29-10 03:59 PM
    Yea it sounds odd, but I can see it happening. Maybe they want a little more inside info from the people who are more likely to complain, voice their opinions. And those are the people who visit the forums. If they are paying people to do this, I would only imagine it to be a handful of them, possibly even less.
    I just can't picture RIM being a company that has been doing this.. If they do, they really haven't paid much attention to what's been said.
    08-29-10 04:40 PM
    I just can't picture RIM being a company that has been doing this.. If they do, they really haven't paid much attention to what's been said.
    Yep, that is a very good point. We have no proof either way though, unless these people that are being paid to post here want to speak up.
    08-29-10 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD