Yes! My point exactly; physical keys are less frustrating, and not "comandeer-able" by predictive technology -- which contributes to longer, perhaps deeper, more thoughtful messages. I think that deliberation and intent 'kick in' when we realize we won't be bailed out by technology.
    Interesting point. I used a Z10 briefly and found myself giving in to the suggestions for the sake of typing ease. The prediction is top notch but your messages still end up more... "predictable". Pun intended

 C L A S S I C
    Last edited by mvsalvino; 04-20-16 at 01:12 PM.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    04-19-16 01:25 PM
    True agree with you.

 Passport SE on Etisalat 4G Network propelled by 10.3.2.2876
    04-19-16 01:30 PM
    With due respect to all IMO PKB users by default are perfectionists . Using the PKB there is little room for error as fingers always hits the right button. Typing longer messages was never so easy.

Do you realize that there are several spacing errors in your comment above, as well as punctuation errors? So either your Passport is double typing the space bar or you are mis-hitting keys.
    04-19-16 04:08 PM
    Do you realize that there are several spacing errors in your comment above, as well as punctuation errors? So either your Passport is double typing the space bar or you are mis-hitting keys.
    With due respect I beg to disagree with you. My opinions is always based on my own beliefs and convictions and will not change.

Blackberry Priv on Etisalat 4G Network
    Last edited by IndianTiwari; 04-20-16 at 01:57 AM.
    04-19-16 08:37 PM
    I write 20-page long papers on my Passport and stream live TV every day, in addition to lots of long emails.
    It has replaced my z30 and my laptop for that reason.
    You can watch all the videos you want on the Passport.
    It's not either or. I have a backup z30, but I do not use it, not even for videos or live streaming TV.
    I'm virtually the same. My Passport has replaced a tablet and laptop and my Z30 screams and entertainment and music. Works for me. Long live the PKB!! :-)

Posted via my  PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 or  Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    04-19-16 08:39 PM
    I didn't see any double spaces in Indian Tiwari's post. Besides, you can't accidentally double-space on a Passport - you will get a period. And the next word will be capitalized.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    04-19-16 11:57 PM
    I didn't see any double spaces in Indian Tiwari's post. Besides, you can't accidentally double-space on a Passport - you will get a period. And the next word will be capitalized.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    Incorrect, you can double space on a Passport. Go into Settings and turnoff Period Shortcut and Auto-Capitalize.
    Now you've learned something.
    04-20-16 05:16 AM
    With due respect to all IMO PKB users by default are perfectionists . Using the PKB there is little room for error as fingers always hits the right button. Typing longer messages was never so easy.

Here are the incorrect double spaces:
    -- two spaces between I MO and PKB
    -- two spaces between "perfectionists" and the period

Posted via CB10
    04-20-16 11:37 AM
    Gawd~

Posted via CB10
    04-20-16 12:59 PM
    No but apparently they make longer posts about double spaces lol ;-)

Posted via my  PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 or  Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    Oshasat likes this.
    04-20-16 01:12 PM
    Here are the incorrect double spaces:
    -- two spaces between I MO and PKB
    -- two spaces between "perfectionists" and the period

Posted via CB10
    He also had a double space between "as" and "fingers."
    04-20-16 04:52 PM
    With due respect I beg to disagree with you. My opinions is always based on my own beliefs and convictions and will not change.

Blackberry Priv on Etisalat 4G Network
    That's great, but it doesn't change the fact that for a perfectionist there are spacing and punctuation errors in your post that I quoted. Nothing wrong with that, but it's hard to take anyone serious who is claiming that they are a perfectionist in what they type because of a pkb when there are errors in their post.
    04-20-16 05:28 PM
    That's great, but it doesn't change the fact that for a perfectionist there are spacing and punctuation errors in your post that I quoted. Nothing wrong with that, but it's hard to take anyone serious who is claiming that they are a perfectionist in what they type because of a pkb when there are errors in their post.
    I'm envisioning Pee Wee Herman falling off his bike and saying "I meant to do that!"
    04-20-16 08:16 PM
    I didn't mean to offend anybody with my ' Perfectionists ' remarks.

04-21-16 02:24 AM
    I am not sure,
    when i lost my classic, got an iphone 5s as backup,
    To be honest, i was completely avoiding any kind of interaction, it was mostly just to make calls and write short messages...
    On the Classic in the other hand, i used to write long mails and proposals. I used a lot of the "DOCS TO GO" too.

Maybe because of being use to PKb...
    I Just got back my Classic and theres no more joy than writing with a PKB
    Oshasat likes this.
    04-21-16 05:01 AM
    100% true without question. Something about a PKB definitely leads to longer and better written messages. I get absolute gobbledygook from friends with iPhones whose messages are hijacked by predictive text, and I refuse to fall into that trap. What's even sadder is half of them don't even notice or care how poor their communication has become.
    On the passport I've updated PowerPoint presentations for work, drafted board papers and written countless word documents, and it's all thanks to the beautiful keyboard.

I am literally terrified of the day when I can no longer use this phone or my Classic to conduct my daily business. Both of them are such powerhouses of professionalism I have come to rely on them far more then I ever imagined I could or would rely on a smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    Oshasat likes this.
    04-21-16 05:40 AM
    Indeed. I could not care less for apps, but not being able to work efficiently on the phone, without a laptop, by writing and correcting papers, proposals, and presentations is a worrying thought for 2018 or later when my Passport's battery will die out and BB10 will no longer be supported.
    04-21-16 06:19 AM
    I am not sure,
    when i lost my classic, got an iphone 5s as backup,
    To be honest, i was completely avoiding any kind of interaction, it was mostly just to make calls and write short messages...
    On the Classic in the other hand, i used to write long mails and proposals. I used a lot of the "DOCS TO GO" too.

Maybe because of being use to PKb...
    I Just got back my Classic and theres no more joy than writing with a PKB
    I have a Playbook, Z10, a Q10, an OG Passport, and now a Z30. In one year and one month since I knew about BB10 I have written a LOT more pages--literally, on the VKB of the Z10, the Playbook, and now the Z30. I am a translator and a writer, so I do a LOT of writings on the go. Nowadays I only use my laptop for documents with more complicated formatting and image editing. The rest, I do with the BB10--joyously so.
    04-21-16 06:26 AM
    PKB rocks. Can't go back to VKB after using a Classic. Friends with touchslabs can't even write 3 sentences without a typo, and autocorrect butchers every few texts they send. Proper grammar and punctuation from mobile messaging makes you look boss to everybody else.

Entire novels are written on BlackBerries.

From a Classic
    Oshasat and IndianTiwari like this.
    04-21-16 03:37 PM
    There is just something very unique about the physical keyboard, no other device can even come close to the tactile feel of the keys!

Posted via CB10
    Oshasat and Smokeaire like this.
    05-01-16 12:18 PM
    There is just something very unique about the physical keyboard, no other device can even come close to the tactile feel of the keys!

Posted via CB10
    Agreed, no other portable cellphone device can come close to the tactile feel...which usually translates into better speed AND accuracy.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-16 12:36 PM
    Agreed, no other portable cellphone device can come close to the tactile feel...which usually translates into better speed AND accuracy.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed x3

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    05-01-16 06:57 PM
222 ... 789