Do people actually read through the threads. To me it seems to go like this,read the op, post a comment, then bugger off to another thread. I thought this was supposed to be a discussion/conversation forum. You know, comment is made, someone replies, you replie back and so on and so fourth. The reason I say this is because it gets like Chinese whispers on some topics, sometimes when you read the last comment it's been blown all out of perspective and you think to yourself, that's not what I meant what's going on?? Is everyone so desperate to get there point across, they've actually forgotten what it is there commenting on? Or is it just misinterpreted.

Posted via CB10
    SEAWARRIOR and sam81 like this.
    11-29-13 12:49 PM
    I think its a bit of both. Some people just post their comment and leave. Others hang around and follow the conversation. SO you can see all types of postings.
    kbz1960 and sam81 like this.
    11-29-13 12:51 PM
    I think its a bit of both. Some people just post their comment and leave. Others hang around and follow the conversation. SO you can see all types of postings.
    Fair enough. :-) this is the first time I've been on a forum, ever! So I'm just getting used to the nature of how it runs.

Posted via CB10
    sam81 likes this.
    11-29-13 12:52 PM
    the amount of posts from you in the 2 days you've been here, I wonder if you've actually read through to get the info?

11-29-13 12:59 PM
    She's right, it's both.
    Many just read the OP and reply, but some actually read the whole thread.
    Now the challenge with this is when the thread is dozens of pages long.
    One of the main reasons thread derail so bad is the poor communication skills many members have. They do not use words correctly or say things in such a roundabout way that it makes no sense.
    11-29-13 01:07 PM
    the amount of posts from you in the 2 days you've been here, I wonder if you've actually read through to get the info?

How do you mean? Its called participating isn't it.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 01:08 PM
    Three days, They have been here three days.
    And if you look at their posts, they are contributing to discussion, not just post padding.
    No need to be an elitist and mean to people.
    paper_monkey and GreenCopperz like this.
    11-29-13 01:16 PM
    Just ignore them
    If you read their posts, they're pretty rude to most people.
    11-29-13 01:16 PM
    Just ignore them
    If you read their posts, they're pretty rude to most people.
    11-29-13 01:17 PM
    Some blackberry people, if that's what you want to call them, are so desperate to get there voice heard there becoming exactly that, elitist. Context and perspective seem to be fluttering away from people's brains these days. It all seems to be getting a bit precious around here.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 01:23 PM
    Some do, some don't. I can't blame the ones that don't. Most threads have so much drivel in them to wade through.
    11-29-13 01:25 PM
    I participated in several long time running forums. Most are started for a particular topic, but also wind up having a lot of posts deviating from the forum topic.
    You will find posters that only comment on their particular area and never venture out of it.
    You will find posters that comment on everything.
    You will find new posters that don't use the search function and ask the same question that has been asked 100 times before and get long time posters frustrated.
    You will find the very opinionated, the person that tries to smooth things over, the person everyone loves, the person everyone hates.
    In other words, a forum becomes like the rest of life. Folks drop in and out. Some just type to "hear themselves talk". Some become friends, even if you never meet in "real" life.
    kbz1960, m1kr0 and anon(5624621) like this.
    11-29-13 01:33 PM
    I participated in several long time running forums. Most are started for a particular topic, but also wind up having a lot of posts deviating from the forum topic.
    You will find posters that only comment on their particular area and never venture out of it.
    You will find posters that comment on everything.
    You will find new posters that don't use the search function and ask the same question that has been asked 100 times before and get long time posters frustrated.
    You will find the very opinionated, the person that tries to smooth things over, the person everyone loves, the person everyone hates.
    In other words, a forum becomes like the rest of life. Folks drop in and out. Some just type to "hear themselves talk". Some become friends, even if you never meet in "real" life.
    Fair enough. All it takes is an explanation like this and and things get sorted, but perhaps I'm too self centered for a place like this and not talking about blackberry enough for people! Who knows.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-13 01:43 PM

If your part of the clique that made out I was making up posts when I first got here, then you got what you wanted Because I'm out of here,you ******* small minded twats, and if your not, **** you anyway!

Posted via CB10
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    11-29-13 02:02 PM
    Hmmmmm..........
    11-29-13 02:11 PM
    What I generally like to do is get involved in one thread and see it out and discuss for the long haul. I don't often post once and then move on. I don't post "just to post". I pick a few threads that interest me and see it out until the end.
    11-29-13 02:14 PM
    I've often gone to respond to the question put forward in the thread title, but sometimes after reading the last page and finding a discussion on model aeroplanes has developed, I decide against it.

CB10 via Z10
    11-29-13 02:29 PM
    If your part of the clique that made out I was making up posts when I first got here, then you got what you wanted Because I'm out of here,you ******* small minded twats, and if your not, **** you anyway!

Posted via CB10
    nice post...did I hit a nerve? and no I don't "clique " I stand on my own

ajst222 likes this.
    11-29-13 03:05 PM

Posted via CB10

Yes...because that was called for...:/
    11-29-13 03:48 PM
    Do people actually read through the threads. To me it seems to go like this,read the op, post a comment, then bugger off to another thread. I thought this was supposed to be a discussion/conversation forum. You know, comment is made, someone replies, you replie back and so on and so fourth. The reason I say this is because it gets like Chinese whispers on some topics, sometimes when you read the last comment it's been blown all out of perspective and you think to yourself, that's not what I meant what's going on?? Is everyone so desperate to get there point across, they've actually forgotten what it is there commenting on? Or is it just misinterpreted.

Posted via CB10
    you pretty much got it,,, 'cept they never get to the op,,, they just read the title, then spout off uselessly...
    11-29-13 04:10 PM
    What's this thread about? I never read the OP.

Oh look..... something shiny.
    stabstabdie likes this.
    11-29-13 04:14 PM

Posted via CB10
    apparently you forgot to do your own reading of the rules....
    11-29-13 04:22 PM