i just did an update and i do not like it and want to go back to what i had before - i have a bold 9700.....
    i think i went from os5 to os6 - it looks very different and i seem to have lost my settings display pics etc
    *thanks in advance - i find everyone here so helpful!
    02-20-11 04:57 PM
    Why don't you like os 6? It's a lot better than os 5 in almost every aspect(my opinion). How long have you tried using the new OS?

Heres a tutorial on how to downgrade your OS your Desktop Manager.

How To Downgrade Your BlackBerry's Operating System | CrackBerry.com
    02-20-11 05:24 PM
    Your settings should be the same. If you did a back up before upgrading, restore it with only the settings you need.
    02-20-11 05:25 PM
    i decided to give the new os a chance as recommended - i guess i will get used to it! thanks
    02-22-11 11:27 AM
    OS6 is, er, different. MAny of us, me included, tried the new product and went back to the more familiar OS5.

What made the difference for me to continue using OS6 is the recent availability of OS6 themes. These have transformed the rather quirky OS6 User Interface back into something more usable.

To view and try themes for your phone, please go here BlackBerry Themes - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com and select the sub-forum for your phone.

If you really want to downgrade, it is fairly easy to do but you do need to follow a series of steps, in order to make this happen successfully.

Just come back here and ask for detailed instructions and they will be forthcoming.
    02-22-11 11:38 AM
    Its like anything new, just takes time getting used to it.

Or sometimes it just isn't met to be. Say give it a good couple weeks and in that time you're still telling yourself I don't like, then time to Downgrade back to os5.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-11 07:47 PM
    It takes sometime to get used to it. Give it a week or two. I went back and forth between OS 5 and BB6 several times. Once you get used to it you'll be fine.
    02-22-11 10:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD