Hello Crackberry

nge program for school for 6 months and I bought her a bold 9790
    Last edited by jason9900; 10-26-14 at 02:21 AM.
    01-01-13 05:40 PM
    im from scotland (the glasgow area) and everyone in my area have blackberrys infact when i was on facebook on christmas day everyone posted that they got a blackberry so infact yes alot of people have and use blackberrys in the uk
    01-01-13 05:47 PM
    im from scotland (the glasgow area) and everyone in my area have blackberrys infact when i was on facebook on christmas day everyone posted that they got a blackberry so infact yes alot of people have and use blackberrys in the uk
    Thanks for the response, what plan would you recommend and the carrier? She is going to Glasgow also
    01-01-13 05:52 PM
    Thanks for the response, what plan would you recommend and the carrier? She is going to Glasgow also
    i live down in Essex and see more Curves then anything else.
    i would recommend virgin on payg. if she tops up �15 a month she gets 3000 txts and 1gig data. she would then have to buy a bb data add on which is �5 for a month.
    but she can pay for it using her airtime which means she will be left with �10 airtime which should be plenty unless she makes lots of phone calls

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    01-01-13 06:10 PM
    This is a good post that got an honest answer. Had the media answered your question it would have been different.
    CrackBerry people helping each other.
    01-01-13 06:15 PM
    i live down in Essex and see more Curves then anything else.
    i would recommend virgin on payg. if she tops up �15 a month she gets 3000 txts and 1gig data. she would then have to buy a bb data add on which is �5 for a month.
    but she can pay for it using her airtime which means she will be left with �10 airtime which should be plenty unless she makes lots of phone calls

I guess I should be more specific with her needs. She is mainly going to be using her blackberry as a communication device, so preferably a plan that has unlimited text/BBM but it can have 100mb of data and a 100min of voice or less than that for example. I saw on O2 plans for 10pounds a month are they any good?

01-01-13 06:32 PM
    This is a good post that got an honest answer. Had the media answered your question it would have been different.
    CrackBerry people helping each other.
    I could not agree with you more, but I have this feeling that if the media can hate BlackBerry so quickly, couldn't they come to love it again just as fast? I'm hoping this is the case after bb10 drops
    01-01-13 06:34 PM
    The BB marketshare is shrinking fast in the UK but BB still holds up fairly well
    01-01-13 06:47 PM
    BB 9790, love the baby Bold! I hope RIM introduce a baby Bold BB10 sometime down the line. I know they have to first convince the dev's to come on board before they change the screen res once again. But if Cascades and BB10 are as easy to develope for as people are stateing. I believe form factors wont be a factor in the future. To a degree .)
    01-01-13 07:40 PM
    BB's are still popular here Iphones are rising big time though.Once the 10 drops and its well advertised Im certain the numbers gonna go right up again.There's a trend in london in my age range of duel wielders of BB and iphone.They cant let go of that BB just yet with the 10 pretty much being better than both current bb phones and the orange phone.Im certain they will come back in masses once BB10 showcases its new app capability.
    01-01-13 07:44 PM
    Yes in london everyone has a BB teenagers they carry an iphone but use bb
    01-01-13 08:03 PM
    The BB marketshare is shrinking fast in the UK but BB still holds up fairly well
    So says an observer from 4000 miles away, it doesn't match my sightings on a recent delayed flight out of Manchester at least half the smartphones were BB as people changed plans, and on a ferry crossing the bar was a RIM convention as we left the port.
    RECOOL and CerveloJohn like this.
    01-01-13 08:13 PM
    My suggestion would be to select a carrier when she sees which provide a reliable signal wherever she is living. All three UK carriers have weak areas, and "at home" is likely to be the most annoying and difficult to work around.
    01-01-13 08:18 PM
    So says an observer from 4000 miles away, it doesn't match my sightings on a recent delayed flight out of Manchester at least half the smartphones were BB as people changed plans, and on a ferry crossing the bar was a RIM convention as we left the port.
    Oh Snap! Mod fight! Mod fight! Where's the popcorn?
    Attached Thumbnails Do a lot of people still use Blackberry in the UK?-6f6.jpg  
    01-01-13 08:21 PM
    in the midlands (in england) where i live blackberries are everywhere; you literally ask for a pin before you ask for a phone number especially with teens and people in their 20s and 30s. windows phones/lumias and android are also spotted but less frequently and you see one or two iphones. o2 sim only do some nice deals O2 Blackberry SIM only deals - O2 Simplicity SIM only for Blackberry
    GlamGemini likes this.
    01-01-13 10:24 PM
    Your sis will be well served by the BB. Even when most of her friends there end up using other platforms, BB has all key social networking apps like whatsapp on top of BBM. Best of both worlds really. You can't be wrong really.

Being able to confer with your sis for free with BBM Voice is priceless in its own right.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    01-01-13 10:34 PM
    Second time I will be telling a moderator to get a grip......crap gonna get my behind banned....lol
    Last edited by collinc93; 01-02-13 at 02:00 AM.
    01-01-13 11:28 PM
    I would reccomend Orange pre pay sim, you can run BIS from �5 a month if you want plus Orange is the only Uk carrier with UMA calling over wifi.
    01-02-13 01:19 AM
    Was this really necessary? Are you basing this on anything in particular?
    01-02-13 03:44 AM
    Blackberries are still very popular, however it is true that their imagine has been declining. People are now tempted by cheaper iPhone models, they are seen as cool and people honestly buy them to fit in. However lots of people see the messaging capabilities of BB as the best around still. My class at medical school was over 50% BB last year (we had an early lecture where the whole class had electronic remotes to vote with, random!) but that has dropped a bit now.

BB10 has a very strong chance of bringing BB fully back with a bang in the UK IMO. This is because a lot of people who switched to other OS's express that they do miss BB, but I think became fed-up with the OS6 seeming primitive.
    01-02-13 04:02 AM
    Just to add that I've also noticed my BBM list becoming more quiet. I have 91 contacts but see fewer updates after owning my current BB for 2 years (waiting on BB10 to upgrade ) 2 years ago everybody used to be swapping PINs, especially with girls in bars, again not as much now!
    01-02-13 04:07 AM
    the o2 deal seems good. but tbh i have never looked at o2. but i would recommend the payg option if she is only here for 6 months. contracts here are usually 2 years or if you are lucky 18 months.
    at the very minimum look for a deal that gives around 500mb of data. i use my bb heavily on data (watch a load of youtube) and i think the most data i have used came to around 500mb. all payg should have unlimited bb data add on options.

01-02-13 04:15 AM
    Was this really necessary? Are you basing this on anything in particular?
    Yes if you look at this chart you can see the % of new BB sales. The figures where similar last month too. BB in 3rd place but selling much better in the UK than many of its neighbors.

Do a lot of people still use Blackberry in the UK?-kantar-market-share-nov-2012.jpg
    01-02-13 04:23 AM
    I would have a look at Giff. Gaff, it uses the O2 network,

SIM Only Deals and Plans | giffgaff.com
    01-02-13 04:29 AM
    Yes if you look at this chart you can see the % of new BB sales. The figures where similar last month too. BB in 3rd place but selling much better in the UK than many of its neighbors.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kantar-market-share-nov-2012.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	130074
    That's not what the OP asked though is it? Marketshare has nothing to do with the number of active users. The OP did not ask for the RIM marketshare in UK and the one you posted is based on smartphone sales, not active users anyway.
    01-02-13 04:36 AM
36 12