Late to the party as usual I just stumbled on this feature in Options > Device > Advanced System Settings > SIM Card > Menu > Enable Security, and then I would type my SIM card PIN code and Enter.

Is this something I want to do? Seems I would have been told this by now, but maybe it doesn't mean what it sounds like.

Anyway I don't want to do something I'll regret so I thought I'd ask you wonderful experts. Thanks!
    09-11-11 07:12 PM
    It's something that you can do - that's for sure. i think that if anyone will "find" your blackberry - the sim card will be switched any way.
    But i guess it can be good for some people, i have used a PIN lock code years ago - now i use my brains to avoid loosing my device.

It's just a code that locks the sim card, switching the sim card = no code needed.
    mrskittens likes this.
    09-11-11 07:31 PM
    And apparently a reason to not do it (and the way my question came about in the first place) is that the BuddyGuard SIM card detection feature will not work with the password in place. So given your input, and that I like that feature of BG (for the same logic you state -- I don't want them to use my device with any SIM) I will pass as well. Thanks!

(I hope I just made sense there.)
    09-11-11 07:52 PM
    Strange, BlackBerry help file explicitly states this:
    You can protect your SIM card with a PIN code to add another level of security to your BlackBerry device. If you lock your SIM card with a PIN code, other people cannot use their SIM card in your device. Before you can use your SIM card in another device, you must type the PIN code.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-11 11:10 PM