I've had my phone for a week and it's always lagging and showing a clock going around and 2 arrows in the top corner when it freezes up which is daily multiple times a day. Should I be killing apps, if so how?

Thanks.
    10-11-11 01:02 PM
    To properly close an app, either back completely out if it using the back button to the right of the trackpad, or press the menu key when in the app, and select close.

If you press and hold the BlackBerry button to the left of your trackpad, your application switcher will pull up. This will show you everything that you currently have running. There will be 5 open applications at all times. Messages, Home Screen, Phone, Browser, and BBM will all stay open. Everything else needs to be properly closed out.
    tcasey79 likes this.
    10-11-11 01:16 PM
    To properly close an app, either back completely out if it using the back button to the right of the trackpad, or press the menu key when in the app, and select close.

If you press and hold the BlackBerry button to the left of your trackpad, your application switcher will pull up. This will show you everything that you currently have running. There will be 5 open applications at all times. Messages, Home Screen, Phone, Browser, and BBM will all stay open. Everything else needs to be properly closed out.
    To clarify further, certain apps will not close if you back out of them using the white back arrow key to the right of the trackpad. For example Scoremobil or MLB At Bat 11 and others have to be closed using the menu button when you are in the app and either hitting "close" or "exit". The menu selection varies depending on the app.

Some apps you can close by backing out of them using the white arrow key...POYNT is one example of this. What you need to do is discover which apps close which way, or learn to close all apps by using the menu key.

Your problem may not be from open apps, but can be caused by a number of other issues. I have heard of themes causing problems, and I believe sometimes an SD card can be a problem as well as a sim card that has been carried over from a previous phone. Sometimes an OS needs to be reloaded or updated.

The easiest thing is to check for apps or themes. Let us know how things go.
    tcasey79 likes this.
    10-11-11 01:51 PM
    Thank you so much this has really helped!!!!!!!!!!!
    10-11-11 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD