I think I'm gonna buy a "used" Tour on eBay for around $250.00. I put used in quotes because the ones I've been looking at have had screen protectors and otterboxes on them since day one, so I'm not to concerned, and they're about $100.00 less than the new ones. But anyways, I was thinking I may wait for the new one, but it seems like a bad idea. The only upgrades are a trackpad and WiFi. I could never see myself using the WiFi. I have a Curve with no WiFi, and I never wish it did have it. Also, I can only imagine how extremely expensive the new ones would be on eBay short after release. My upgrade isn't until December of next year, so waiting isn't an option. I really don't see much of a point in dishing out an extra (I'm guessing) $150.00 that I don't have for a trackpad and WiFi I would never use. What do you guys think?
    11-20-09 08:03 PM
    If you don't feel you would ever use WIFI then just get the current Tour off eBay. Or you could wait until the Tour 2 comes out and then get the Tour new for probably the same price you would get it used right now.
    11-20-09 08:06 PM
    I don't see how it would be the same price if it's newer. I think I already know the answer to my question, I'm just looking for some re-assurance.
    11-20-09 08:16 PM
    By reading your post, you answered your own question. Get the Tour now.
    11-20-09 08:19 PM
    You're trading $$ for reliability. Go with whichever is more important.
    11-20-09 08:40 PM
    Get the tour now, its probably going to be at least 6 months before u see the tour 2 on the market

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-09 08:59 PM
    RIM is slow on their release

get the tour now cuz theres not much of a difference between the two
    11-20-09 09:38 PM
    I just purchased a used Tour for my wife tonight for $200. I don't like it as much as my Storm with 5.0.328 (The horror) but it is much better than the 8330 she had.
    11-20-09 09:41 PM
    I just purchased a used Tour for my wife tonight for $200. I don't like it as much as my Storm with 5.0.328 (The horror) but it is much better than the 8330 she had.
    Where's you find one for that price?

11-20-09 11:27 PM
    I would just get the tour now and try to find the best deal on it. The Essex probably wont be out till like Feb and will be expensive without a contract.
    11-20-09 11:33 PM
    Guess it's your call and $$$$ but if you do buy a used Tour... I would make sure they have the build date on the phone and it wasn't one of the first ones released with problems. I realize many on here bought them right out of the gate and had no problems... but many more had issues. Track pad would be nice I guess... should last forever, wifi I can live with out..that's a given. Good luck and keep us updated on your choice.
    11-20-09 11:40 PM
    If you buy a used tour off ebay for 250 and the essex comes out then sell your tour and use that money to get an essex.
    If you keep the tour in nice condition you will prob still be able to get 200 for It on craigslist.

Plus if you buy a used phone you would still have your upgrade (if it is coming up soon)

I have been looking at them on craigslist but might just hold out. The faster internet would be nice with rev-a lol

11-21-09 12:30 AM
    Doesn't make sense. I did a early upgrade last week and got the 'Tour' for $165. And that included overnight shipping. I had the Storm, 5 of them, called up customer service and ask them when I was able to upgrade and they let me do it a month early. ANd thru in a free leather belt clip case. All this ebay crap trYing to save a buck only to buy someone elses problem.

11-21-09 03:37 AM
    I take it you bought that from Verizon? If not, where did you find one that cheap?
    11-21-09 08:48 AM
    Doesn't make sense. I did a early upgrade last week and got the 'Tour' for $165. And that included overnight shipping. I had the Storm, 5 of them, called up customer service and ask them when I was able to upgrade and they let me do it a month early. ANd thru in a free leather belt clip case. All this ebay crap trYing to save a buck only to buy someone elses problem.

I don't have that option because my upgrade isn't until next December.
    11-21-09 08:49 AM
    And just for anyone whose wondering, I'm not waiting for the new one. I'm just gonna but one now off eBay.
    11-21-09 08:50 AM
    And just for anyone whose wondering, I'm not waiting for the new one. I'm just gonna but one now off eBay.
    I would too if I was in your position - you want it now, go ahead and get it now! Then next December when your upgrade is availible, you can upgrade to the Tour 2, or whichever phone you want.
    11-21-09 10:29 AM
    Why in the world would you spend $250 on a used phone??? Seems pretty steep to me... if I were you I would just get the contract and you get it for $99. If you really have something against the contact then idk what to tell you but $250 on a used phone is highway robbery.
    11-21-09 10:34 AM
    Why in the world would you spend $250 on a used phone??? Seems pretty steep to me... if I were you I would just get the contract and you get it for $99. If you really have something against the contact then idk what to tell you but $250 on a used phone is highway robbery.
    It's because I already have a Sprint contract, and it's not up until next December.
    11-21-09 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD