It's well known that Apple has it written into contracts with carriers that they need to commit to a certain number of iPhones, and then it's up to the carriers to sell through.
    Does BlackBerry make similar arrangements with carriers? If so, it could be the reason why negotiations fell through with Rogers for the Z30. BlackBerry's ask may have been simply unreasonable.
    10-04-13 12:10 AM
    im sure they do, especially VZW and sprint since they are a different phone from from most. If they make to many they are stuck with them. So i am guessing all carriers have a min order initially that they can change up after the first order
    10-04-13 12:25 AM
    It's well known that Apple has it written into contracts with carriers that they need to commit to a certain number of iPhones, and then it's up to the carriers to sell through.
    Does BlackBerry make similar arrangements with carriers? If so, it could be the reason why negotiations fell through with Rogers for the Z30. BlackBerry's ask may have been simply unreasonable.
    It will be that but it will also be:

* they know how many BB10 devices they have already sold and can predict demand (must be low)
    * They have BB10 devices rotting in inventory they want to off-load

Plus I *suspect* the discussions about how many marketing dollars BBRY (Tv adverts, POS displays, incentives, promotions) were putting behind this phone tipped their hand to the fact that it is effectively unsupported by BBRY and they are figuring like a lot of other companies that BBRY are getting out of hardware.

The bottom line is that every phone has to fight for its space in the catalogue and they aren't convinced this will sell - personally I think this is going to be the biggest bomb of the lot - and that has nothing to do with the phone - simply because BBRY have clearly given up.
    10-04-13 01:06 AM