Alright, all you Crackberry experts:

How in the H*#@ do I get an Excel 2003 file that resides on the C: drive of my PC into Desktop Manager so I can sync the darn thing and have it appear on the Blackberry??

(Major bummer: the doctor does not, I repeat, does NOT have a data plan so the aforementioned file could be emailed to his phone and then viewed.)

He's running a Sprint Curve 8330, OS 4.3.0.127
    01-08-09 01:38 PM
    I THINK you need to use the Media function of the DM to put a copy of the file onto your BB. Then you have to configure the add-in module called SyncManager if the idea is to keep a current copy of the file on both your BB and your PC. Correct me if I'm wrong, anybody.

--Mel
    01-08-09 02:14 PM
    I THINK you need to use the Media function of the DM to put a copy of the file onto your BB. Then you have to configure the add-in module called SyncManager if the idea is to keep a current copy of the file on both your BB and your PC. Correct me if I'm wrong, anybody.

--Mel
    Well, I could try that, but I installed DM here without Roxio 'cause it was taking too darn long to install. If my next step (below) doesn't work, I will give it a try.

Sprint told me about an hour ago to purchase a "multi-card reader", insert the SD card into it, then plug the whole thing into the PC via USB port. Then, copy the Excel file to the SD card (the card will now show as a whole other "drive" in the PCs file system), insert SD card *back* into the Curve and open it. He says BB Attachment Service should be able to make the .xls file viewable with no corruption of data.

So, we shall see what happens tomorrow.

Thank you, Mel, for the suggestion.....and if anyone else has any bright ideas, please keep them coming.

P.S. I'm asking for a puffickly heee-yoooge raise this year!
    01-08-09 03:34 PM
    Roxio is a bit clunky, but seems to me that the whole riggamarole you're going through over there is an awful pain in the ****!! lol. Good Luck either way

--Mel
    01-08-09 04:05 PM
    Roxio is a bit clunky, but seems to me that the whole riggamarole you're going through over there is an awful pain in the ****!! lol. Good Luck either way

--Mel
    Agreed. After trying the whole "card reader" route and discovering that wasn't going to work either (tell me; just how does one view TEXT files on a MEDIA SD card, anyway? Hmm???) I finally looked at the doctor, and said "It's me or the phone!"

He signed up for the data package right then and there, and I emailed his spreadsheet to him in 2 seconds flat. Looks real good on his phone, too.

*sigh* I have such a headache.

Anyone going out for drinks tonight? If so, have one for me, because I'm not possibly going to be able to drink all that I want to without giving myself alcohol poisoning.
    01-09-09 01:30 PM
    well THAT works, too! Congratulations!

--Mel
    01-09-09 05:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD