I got this message, read thru all the posts, and was still confused. Tried downloading and upgrading a bunch of stuff to no avail. Then I figured it out. This is not posted elsewhere that I could find. So this may help someone out.

I knew this, but forgot since its been awhile since I used DM to load apps. I've been playing with Aerize loader and loading them that way. But the point is if you've already loaded an app, and then deleted it, and then go to reload it again you don't "Add" the app by clicking on the .alx file like you initially did. If you do you get the notorious message "no-additional-applications-designed-your-device-were-found" because THE APP IS ALREADY ON THE TREE LIST, BUT IT IS UNCHECKED. GO CHECK IT, then click NEXT, then FINISH. This is how you add the app back a second time. This was my problem. I'm not sure I had to do 2 below, but I did, and its working, so it might be related. But I think 1. is the real problem most people are having.

2. Per the rest of the posts on this, if you want to upgrade the DM loader but not the DM to match the device software (still not sure I understand this fully), you don't download a new DM, you download a new Device Software. But you don't load it to the device. You run it to update your DM. The software is titled: ApploaderWebSL-Upgrade.msi This is the software to download and run in Windows to update the loader in your DM.

This device software includes a loader module for DM that will upgrade the loader in DM. For example I'm using DM 4.3.0.17 but the loader (after update) is 4.7.0.55. It was 4.3.0.11? for some reason. So I guess the loader version has to meet or exceed the DM version. If you go to your About DM and under components see the Application Loader version and under Device Software look at the software version. For some reason on mine the software version is blank? but the loader works.

Hope this helps (and doesn't confuse) someone!
    05-29-09 08:16 PM
    Great post!!!! This deserves a sticky(I believe)Thanks!
    05-30-09 02:01 AM
    Great post!!!! This deserves a sticky(I believe)Thanks!
    Thanks and Glad to help!

Strength is the knowledge to solve your own problems. Power is the strength to share it with others. Omnipotence is the super power you get when you become a crackberry genius, which I am far from.

There is nothing worse than the blind leading the blind and my eyesight is questionable. Before any adhesive is applied to this post I would request that a mod or a "crackberry genius" (which I am not) qualify this post and especially item 2 for accuracy.

Thanks. Cheers!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 10:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD