I thought I'd share this with you guys, I frequently use my BB at the gym as a stopwatch and for bluetooth audio. I hated how the phone fell out of my pocket when lying down or using an arm strap that is uncomfortable. A belt clip would always get in the way while I lift and I also hate putting my BB on the floor. So I fabricated strong magnets into the back cover so that i could stick my BB on the gym equipment while i work out. I have also fabricated a piece of metal to my car dash so that I can stick my phone on it, cause many of the car mounts cover the side buttons which i use to change songs while i drive. The one pictured is my first attempt, I will do it with a black cover and will use black vinyl adhesive to cover the magnets. These magnets are really cheap, search ebay "neodymium magnets"
    Last edited by Cap10jeff; 04-02-11 at 02:37 PM.
    04-02-11 02:24 PM
    I'm on mobile so I can't see the pics. Do you have issues with the phone going to sleep? Some holsters have magnets specifically for this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-02-11 06:11 PM
    I'm on mobile so I can't see the pics. Do you have issues with the phone going to sleep? Some holsters have magnets specifically for this.

I was wondering this also. Since all BB's have a magnet in the case to put it to sleep.
    04-02-11 07:10 PM
    no, the exact position of these magnets do not make it sleep, if i were to positon the magnets about 1cm lower it would make the bb sleep
    04-03-11 03:30 AM
    Would it not be better to build it in a rubber/silicone case? That I would buy.

04-03-11 04:35 AM
    yea i was thinking of building it into a case but i put my phone into a dock charger at work and at home,and i find cases bulky.
    04-03-11 03:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD