Have any Bold users out there switched to a Storm 2 and liked it?

I've been using my Bold for just over a year. Work and email are my main uses. My employer is paying to switch me from AT&T to Verizon-- My only gripe with the Bold experience has been AT&T's poor 3G service in many of the areas I travel to.

I have to choose a Verizon Berry. I don't like the Tour because the screen is smaller than my Bold and it seems more cramped. Same for the Curve. The Storm 2 has lots of screen space-- and the touch may be something newer and cooler.

My question: Can an email/ BBM addict like me adjust to the touch keyboard? Or does the touch keyboard slow you down and drive you crazy?

Email and the BES are THE reasons I choose a Blackberry over every other smartphone out there. It's strictly a choice between one Berry or another.
    01-07-10 05:15 AM
    My wife has the 9700 and i have the storm 2. I like the big keyboard on the Storm 2. Great phone for me.
    01-07-10 06:15 AM
    Get the storm if you hate it you have 30 days to exchange it
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

01-07-10 06:21 AM
    I have both the Storm (9530) and the Bold, and I must say typing on the Bold is a lot easier than on the Storm.
    01-07-10 06:21 AM
    The Storm2's touch screen requires a bit of acclimatization to start with but after you conquer that initial learning curve, there should be no problem with the usability of the S2.

For me, typing in landscape mode is the easiest as this is where you have the most spacious virtual keyboard. The portrait keyboard options (and I've tried them all), seem a little cramped for my liking, but that could be due to the size of my thumbs.

As for speed, in landscape, I've never been faster, and after I became acclimated I have very few, if any typos. Needless to say, I love my S2! I say join the club and welcome...
    01-07-10 06:30 AM
    if I was heading back to verizon I would pick a storm 2 over any of there blackberrys
    01-07-10 12:18 PM
    I personally would wait for the essex (Tour2) if you have to be on Verizon. The Storm2's battery life is bad (I returned mine), I was lucky to get from 7am to 4pm on it. Typing on the Storm2 is something you can get used to, but a qwerty berry will always be faster. The touch interface of the Storm still needs some work, especially if you start to compare it to the iPhone or an Android device. Sorry to be negative, but I love my qwerty berry and great battery life.
    01-07-10 12:31 PM
    I read a typing speed test article somewhere, the results were something like:

Storm, 38.8 words per minute with an average of 8 mistaktes
    Bold, 28 Words per minute with an average of 4 mistakes.

My boss has a storm and loads of people have iphones, personlly I hate using touch screen as a keyboard, I type very fast and you just cant do it with touchscreens.

I understand there is a 'getting used to it' period, but that period is more like a period where you have to force yourself to slow down and concentrate on being more accurate in order to use it.

Also.. watch someone closley when they are typing on a touch screen! Notice how they are more 'poking' or 'prodding' their screen, it doesnt look ellegant and doesnt feel elegentt and is more like using an old fashioned type writer.
    01-07-10 12:51 PM
    I was a transition from storm to bold. Boy am I glad to do that or what. I don't know, but it pains me to have to click the screen everytime I want to input a letter. Slows down my typing a great deal. Not to mention the bold's ergonomic placement of the keys.

Storm 2 could be better than my old storm I guess.

01-07-10 06:29 PM
    I really like my storm 2. I came from a 8900 curve. I like typing on my Storm better than the curve.

01-07-10 06:43 PM
    You will get bored of tscreen after the novelty has worn off. The lagging when you type, making sure you press correctly, nowhere as fast as qwerty buttons, is very poor for cut and paste on long emails. I use wifi on my8900 , where I live in UK 3g ltd. Touch is sooooo unpredictable, but choice of phones is good. Try for a month and gibe back if not hapi.

01-08-10 02:04 AM
    I switched from a Bold 9000 to a S2 and the only thing I had to get use to was the keyboard. The mistakes I've made in typing have been 10X more than typing on the Bold. The battery life is exactly what the bold's is: crap, so no difference there... I love everything else about the storm2; also considering the price I paid compared to the 9000 its an awesome phone!

01-08-10 04:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD