Two weeks ago I got two tiny scratches on my Curve screen, much to my chagrin. I think I probably did it while placing the BlackBerry into my Seidio holster.

One week ago I got a tube of Displex. Very disappointing. After several careful applications it didn't seem to have any effect on those tiny scratches.

Today I applied a BSE screen cover. Awesome! It's applied with a little soapy water on the skin to allow the positioning to be perfect, then you basically let it alone for 24 hours while it dries and the adhesive cures. It's been 12 hours now and it seems already cured. The tiny scratches are invisible. For that matter, so is the BSE cover (well, almost). Fantastic!

YMMV

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-15-08 12:31 AM
    Yep.... I have the BSE bodyskin on my curve.
    11-15-08 09:33 AM
    I have a BSE body skin ordered, should be here this week. I'm excited to see how it fits in place and how it looks/feels.

How hard are they to put on?

I don't know what I'm gonna do for that 24hrs.

11-15-08 10:07 AM
    I have applied BSE to two Curves and an 8830. The Curves just yesterday. Take the battery out and then apply your BSE.For about 15 minutes, rub the surface of the BSE from the center- out. Once all the edges conformed and there was no visible moisture(approx 30 minutes), I replaced the battery and everything is working great on all three phones. Just don't saturate the BSE before install.it takes just a small film of the water/soap mixture. Good luck and enjoy.

11-15-08 10:27 AM
    They are not bad to put on just time consuming. I did mine before bed and in the morning I was able to subject my phone to wear and tear.
    11-15-08 11:11 AM
    The thin film of soapy water makes positioning pretty easy, unlike other adhesive-based films. The hardest thing for me was to leave it alone for 10 or 15 minutes until it adhered enough to work out the bubbles without moving. I had to reposition and re-do that process 3 or 4 times. And then the edges didn't adhere and I wasn't really believing the instructions to leave 'em alone for 30 minutes until the water evaporates, then press and hold the edges for 30 seconds. But it all worked exactly as advertised.

My Tips:
    � Use a minimal amount of soapy water on the screen protector. It's easy to have excess water seep out from under the protector and wander off into the inner workings and hidden mechanisms of your precious Berry!
    � Keep your fingertips wet with soapy water at all times, including while peeling the protector off the card.
    � Be patient! Those edges will eventually adhere!

11-15-08 11:29 AM
    At least for the BlackBerrys. It makes it worse.

You know how when you get water or oil from your fingers on the screen it leaves those rainbow streaks from all the color pixels of the display? Well, when Displex fills in the cracks, it leaves this effect in the cracks PERMANENTLY! BlackBerrys have a protective plastic over the actual screen and Displex is not a reliable resolution. It really looks horrible in the end.

Go with protective covers or something else.
    12-19-08 09:04 PM
    i always see mixed results with displex, so i dont trust it much
    i put a bse over my screen and screen only, only important part to me
    12-19-08 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD