There was no limitation, Legacy apps had the ability to download games files to the memory card, a good example is the roller coaster game, first you download and install the game and then when you open the game it starts downloading the files it needs, and the files were quite big. Another myth busted about Legacy lol, they simply never gave it the big chance, never threw some better hardware at it.
    It would be cool to see legacy BBOS on Z10 hardware, but I just don't think the OS could make proper use of it. That's like throwing Windows XP on a modern gaming rig. XP is limited by its ability to make use of the hardware. I have tried! It doesn't benefit enough from it. Becomes a waste of hardware. I'm not saying that BBOS would be anything like the above scenario, but that is what comes to mind on the topic.

Posted From My Amazing Z10 via CB10
    08-27-13 06:35 AM
    There was no limitation, Legacy apps had the ability to download games files to the memory card, a good example is the roller coaster game, first you download and install the game and then when you open the game it starts downloading the files it needs, and the files were quite big. Another myth busted about Legacy
    I'd have to dig back into my notes, but I don't think this was quite as flexible as you make it sound. IIRC, the program files generally had to be part of application memory with media files accessible from the card.
    08-27-13 06:47 AM
    OP I fully understand your fanboyism but when you and others like you have been with this company using it's devices since the begining and you watch how this company has nosedived into it's current state then you may understand the attitudes of others. The problem isn't the device it's the poor leadership at RIM. By your picture OP you seem to be a young man somewhere in your 20's and I don't think you are old enough to remember when RIM was the leader in phone service. The stock was at $150 a share and now it's like $10 a share. RIM was there at 9/11 helping emergency personnel communicate with BBM when all others failed. Now this company is trying to be #1 in some 3rd world country and has lost the battle in all modern countries. So while looking at this company from the 90's through the coward attacks of 9/11 to today I don't think it's hated as much as disappointment. The hated comes more from make believe journalists they are known as bloggers.
    08-27-13 07:54 AM
    Plus I have been told that I'm intimidating, so I think people tend to stray from taunting much. Even though I'm actually a nice guy.

That's the great thing about the interweb, no one finds you intimidating. Amusing, possibly, but not intimidating. And if you do get ribbed about it a little let it roll off your back. Phone tech can be a cantankerous issue for many. I think the Windows Phone ads hit that topic spot on some times.

Hope you enjoy your phone. In my opinion it's hard to go wrong these days, all the phones are pretty damn solid including BB10.
    08-27-13 08:19 AM
    RIM was there at 9/11 helping emergency personnel communicate with BBM when all others failed.
    Uh . . . no. I got my first BB -- a 950 -- right around 9/11 and it definitely did not have BBM. As I recall, BBM didn't surface until 2005 or so. I first had it on my 7290 as I recall.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-27-13 08:39 AM
    well done mate fully agree and yeah Blackberry is still alive and kicking.How many would it imagine that the support will be so amazing ?IVe been a staunch supporter from the pearl times!!!Lets be honest ,without the useless apps Iphone its just a bloody slab ,Blackberry with 5 no apps and the platform brought by OS 10 its on a totally different level.Blackberry keep ur head up and carry on
    08-27-13 08:46 AM
    Uh . . . no. I got my first BB -- a 950 -- right around 9/11 and it definitely did not have BBM. As I recall, BBM didn't surface until 2005 or so. I first had it on my 7290 as I recall.
    I believe it was PIN to PIN messages back then, BBM is built on that.
    08-27-13 09:15 AM
    I believe it was PIN to PIN messages back then, BBM is built on that.
    Not on the 950, which I still have, believe it or not. Or if it was available, it wasn't implemented on mine.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    08-27-13 09:31 AM
    Not on the 950, which I still have, believe it or not. Or if it was available, it wasn't implemented on mine.
    I think you might be right, it was just email back then, it was the Haiti disaster where BBM made a big difference.
    08-27-13 09:56 AM
    People hate what they do not (or choose not to) understand, root cause of every war ever... I agree with the OP on the BB bashing, if you've nothing good to say, stay away. It is one thing to ask a legit question on when an app or function might be available, it is something else entirely to descend into rampant criticism just because you find a BB which allows you too.
    08-27-13 10:18 AM
    I wish it was that black and white but it isn't. Typically wars are caused by many factors, but I'll give you that hate is in there. Same as this - there is some hatred, but honestly there is also a desire to discuss fully and openly. The predominant viewpoint will out, and sometimes you will agree, sometimes you won't. In all honesty is it for any of us to say stay away to anyone, regardless of their viewpoint, unless they become insulting? That's stifling debate, and a surefire way to any forum becoming a fanboy mutual self congratulating society.

I think your point is that you don't want it to swing the other way, and i think that is actually more of the predominant view than you think. I would relax in that case, as it is a long way from the rout of sensible discourse that some think it is. This is the internet, and people have different opinions to ourselves. An inability to deal with that is probably the best reason to stay away from any forum, but again it is not for anyone to issue that command to others like some kind of edict. An equilibrium will form and cooler heads prevail in all probability.
    08-27-13 11:44 AM
    You people who AREN'T critical of Blackberry are the ones who are hurting the company. If you are fine with the way things are then go work for them, you'll fit right in with a management system that continues to steer a once great company down the path to oblivion. I will continue to be critical of them until they get it together and prove that they can compete in the market that they let slip away.
    Very good points, but I'd like to add that you should keep being critical even when they get it together and compete. Being critical will never be a bad thing.
    Ragwan and kevinnugent like this.
    08-27-13 02:30 PM
    Long live BB period!

BB Z10 Rocks!
    Hi Thorsten.
    mikeo007 and kevinnugent like this.
    08-27-13 02:32 PM
    Their "plot" is to be in everything you own and conform you to do things how they think it should be done. It has worked well for them and I know a few who have taken the full plunge, but it's not for me. I will not put that kind of money into anything! Hense my saying it is "silly". I do not mean any offense on the topic and I'm certainly not calling anyone "stupid".

That's every tech company's plot. I guarantee you, BB wants you to do things how they think it should be done as well (hub, gestures, no home button, etc.)
    shaleem likes this.
    08-27-13 02:44 PM
    Only as long as BlackBerry choose to EOL it.
    If they change that stance then people would remain on the devices at least until BB10 catches up with the feature set, which seems a long way away.
    I've never been as productive as on a legacy BlackBerry device.

Again, shows that people are passionate about BlackBerries, and some people are so disappointed because they expected BB10 to meet and then exceed what BB7 was offering, not cut out half the features.
    I am still on the Torch 9850 and hope they don't EOL it. Fantastic communication device and only wish it had flash for browsing but that isn't that big a deal. 1.5 - 2 days battery life consistently. I want BB to succeed. Marketing is fine but the carriers and sales people steer people away a lot of the time. Seen it first-hand time and time again as I am up for renewal and will stay with BB and hopefully move up to OS10. Nothing against the other phones.
    08-27-13 02:57 PM
    I wasn't so much complaining about the CrackBerry community. Its everywhere that the bashing goes on. And I have no problem admitting that BlackBerry has work to do. I never put them off as perfect. And I do agree, essentially attention is attention and even negative attention draws eyes but some is just plain harsh!

Actually the only website that has all the doom and gloom threads is generally right here. So in the end you really are talking abour them.

I can understand the majority of people having major concerns. From BB10 intro to all the bugs a lot of folks had to the dieing breed of the playbook. People have a reason to be concerned. Its just some folks dont know how to tell the difference between hatered and strong criticism.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    08-27-13 04:32 PM
    well this is not a perfect world, this is like real life, we will find everything liked or not
    08-27-13 05:00 PM
    It would be cool to see legacy BBOS on Z10 hardware, but I just don't think the OS could make proper use of it. That's like throwing Windows XP on a modern gaming rig. XP is limited by its ability to make use of the hardware. I have tried! It doesn't benefit enough from it. Becomes a waste of hardware. I'm not saying that BBOS would be anything like the above scenario, but that is what comes to mind on the topic.

XP can make use of modern hardware, as long as drivers are available. That being said, even Vista is better than XP so there's no point in using such an old OS on a new machine. Let it die, just like people should be letting OS7 die...
    08-27-13 08:50 PM
    It's not hatred for the legacy Os, it's just that; legacy, meaning EOL or WTD (waiting to die).

Even with the launch of the 9720 (are you getting one btw?), the legacy subscriber number has only one trajectory, and that's down.
    Well, BlackBerry wouldn't have brought back another Legacy device if they didn't think it would sale. Especially after declaring them all a stop-gap......until BB10 was released a few years ago. Now, here we are and numbers are not that great......inspite of the new devices. So, right now, any sales is considered good sales- whether BB10 or Legacy.
    08-27-13 09:22 PM
    I wish it was that black and white but it isn't. Typically wars are caused by many factors, but I'll give you that hate is in there. Same as this - there is some hatred, but honestly there is also a desire to discuss fully and openly. The predominant viewpoint will out, and sometimes you will agree, sometimes you won't. In all honesty is it for any of us to say stay away to anyone, regardless of their viewpoint, unless they become insulting? That's stifling debate, and a surefire way to any forum becoming a fanboy mutual self congratulating society.

I think your point is that you don't want it to swing the other way, and i think that is actually more of the predominant view than you think. I would relax in that case, as it is a long way from the rout of sensible discourse that some think it is. This is the internet, and people have different opinions to ourselves. An inability to deal with that is probably the best reason to stay away from any forum, but again it is not for anyone to issue that command to others like some kind of edict. An equilibrium will form and cooler heads prevail in all probability.
    My reference of hatred would be pointed directly at insulting. I encourage criticism whether it bit negative or positive. There are to many that don't even know why they hate. And as previously stated, this is a repost from endgadget for conversational purposes. I was telling commenters that if they hate BlackBerry so much why do they bother to follow?

08-27-13 11:26 PM
    That's every tech company's plot. I guarantee you, BB wants you to do things how they think it should be done as well (hub, gestures, no home button, etc.)
    Yes but in doing so they have made the experience pleasurable and efficient! Not force you into their way of doing things and complicate the experience.

08-27-13 11:28 PM
    Actually the only website that has all the doom and gloom threads is generally right here. So in the end you really are talking abour them.

I can understand the majority of people having major concerns. From BB10 intro to all the bugs a lot of folks had to the dieing breed of the playbook. People have a reason to be concerned. Its just some folks dont know how to tell the difference between hatered and strong criticism.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Again this was originally posted on endgadget. I was aiming at the people that insist on following BlackBerry just to hate. If they don't like BlackBerry and having nothing to offer why hate? Again I encourage criticism both good and bad!

08-27-13 11:31 PM
    Yes but in doing so they have made the experience pleasurable and efficient! Not force you into their way of doing things and complicate the experience.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say. If a consumer doesn't want to be "forced" into their way of doing things they'll leave. Consumers aren't stupid. I don't think the millions of iPhone users are hating every bit of their experience, I think they genuinely like their phones and the way they work.
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-28-13 12:46 AM
    I'm not sure what you're trying to say. If a consumer doesn't want to be "forced" into their way of doing things they'll leave. Consumers aren't stupid. I don't think the millions of iPhone users are hating every bit of their experience, I think they genuinely like their phones and the way they work.
    I'm not sure how else to say this but, with the iPhone you have to use iTunes to put music on your device and in my experience iTunes isn't very pleasant to use. With the iPhone you have to get proprietary chargers and adapters to use it. In order to get full use of the device you have to buy into there complete line of products and services. Don't get me wrong, this is genius for making bookoo bucks but I don't like any company having that kind of control over my experience with a device I purchase. Doesn't mean that others will see it like that but that is my opinion.

I also believe that so many users have bought into Apple's product line and they will loose so much to try and switch devices because pretty much everything they own for their iPhone will no longer be any good with a different brand. It is a marketing trap that I can't justify getting into. Again don't get me wrong, this is marketing genius.

With that being said, I don't feel BlackBerry can be compared to Apple in any way shape or form...

08-28-13 01:08 AM
    snip

With that being said, I don't feel BlackBerry can be compared to Apple in any way shape or form...

This is true, although maybe not in the way you think.
    JeepBB likes this.
    08-28-13 01:40 AM
233 ... 678910