I wasn't accusing anyone of lying. My Windows Ultimate PC isn't as high speced as yours and I don't have an SSD. My PC is still faster than the comon PC found in households and iTunes doesn't open that quickly. My rig is a 3.0GHz Quad with 4GB of ram. A 500GB HDD Western Digital Caviar Black (my Seagate Barricuda 1TB took a **** a while back and I had to switch back to my original HDD). But for the majority of users they won't see a 1 second startup time.

With that sir I envy your rig! I have been wanting to build myself a new one for a while now, but I haven't had the spare funds...

Posted From My Amazing Z10 via CB10
    U dont really need to build a new one, just replace ur hard drive with a ssd and u'll feel a BIG difference.
    08-28-13 09:18 PM
    ah, I'm not really that familiar with such accessories either, so that's interesting to hear - for example i always look for solutions that will be portable e.g. in the car I use a bluetooth/fm transmitter to do handsfree and music in the car. Similar to Blackberry's gateway. At a guess, are you thinking about, for example, home speaker devices for music centres and so on? Again I just wouldn't go down that route, not just with an iphone but any device. None of which lock you into an iphone, as you can buy your iphone without buying such devices though.

Well I think you are a more patient man than me - do they really still charge in the end? I didnt' leave it long enough maybe?, so thanks for that, because that I didn't know. I thought they were also incapable of raising the charge level of a device beyond a certain percentage after taking forever to do so. That's what i saw, and impatiently I gave up too fast and I took the warning at face value I guess

Usb chargers can be funny things though yes you are right - maybe your friends cable was crimped or something. It doesn't take a lot. To be honest the only pain I ever really had was my mothers old dumbphone charger, a car cigarette adapter usb charger and the auxiliary usb port on that bluetooth fm transmitter I had.

Well Hoss, this has been an education, and fascinating to hear your opinions to boot - many thanks!
    That is what I'm talking about. But I didn't consider that most of the stuff you buy for your Apple devices would have resale value, I don't know how much though.

As far as charging I wouldn't suggest trying to use any modern device while it was charging with a lower output charger. One way I found out that it worked was with my PlayBook. I managed to ruin the charger that came with my PlayBook, so I tried one of my legacy chargers and just left it to charge over night with low expectations, I was pleasantly surprised to see that it in fact did fully charge. I don't want to try and guess how long it took to charge though. I was lucky enough to catch the BlackBerry PlayBook Rapid Charging Dock on cowboom.com for like $13 or something crazy like that, so I didn't have to use the slow legacy charger for very long fortunately. I must say that for any avid PlayBook user that is a must have!

Thank you for the good discussion! I have for the most part really enjoyed this thread. I might just have to post more often. I do really try to know what I'm talking about before I talk about it. My fiance hates it most of the time because she can't win an argument too often. Lol

08-28-13 11:37 PM
    U dont really need to build a new one, just replace ur hard drive with a ssd and u'll feel a BIG difference.
    I would very much like to do that as well. Again no funds. I built a Windows 7 gaming rig for a budy of mine 2 or 3 years ago and I used an AMD 6 core running at 3.0GHz I think, and we put 8GB of ram in it with a nice 64GB SSD and 1 or 2 TB HDD for storage. Man was that thing fast. It would fully shut down and fully boot back up by the time my rig hit the bios screen in the same procedure. I could only imagine how fast today's drives are.

08-28-13 11:44 PM
    08-29-13 10:21 AM
    you know its shame in some ways that we have enough time to hate a cell phone...or cell company....
    08-29-13 05:38 PM
    what ever happened to hating the end of daylight savings time....
    08-29-13 05:39 PM
    or having to do homework...
    08-29-13 05:39 PM
    or having to graduate from college.
    08-29-13 05:40 PM
233 ... 8910