Hi Crackberry. I owned two blackberries about 5-7 years ago (an 8320 and 8530), but was pretty disappointed with the bugging, lack of innovation, and constant crashing. I'm on an iPhone 5 now, my second iPhone, and I'm very much looking forward to trying out the new BB10 phones at the AT&T store when they're released. I pre-ordered the iPhone and was so, so excited for it, only to be disappointed when I got it in my hands. It's a beautiful piece of hardware, there's an app for everything you need, and it does what I need it to do beautifully. But it's not very avant garde anymore to have one. Everyone has one. **** there are just as many 5s as there are 4s and 4Ses -- these phones just aren't forward thinking anymore imo. I'm very meh about it.

I want to be excited about a phone again. I don't know if I'll make the transition to BB10, but this Apple fangirl is ready to at least consider a different OS. With the new features leaked today (BB Remember, the facetime-esque video chat, screen sharing) plus BB Flow and all the positive hype that's around, I'm looking forward to the next few months
    Bobcat665, CeeXTwo, robkd and 5 others like this.
    12-27-12 07:27 PM
    It will be nice being the only person in the office with a BB10 phone in February. My co-workers aren't quite as cutting edge and forward thinking as me. I got everyone hooked on Android. Time for the next big thing.
    Lehomer and robkd like this.
    12-27-12 07:43 PM
    I'm leaving Android most likely. Welcome to the group!

I'm leaving due to frequent crashes, bluetooth issues, a crappy headphone jack that broke in 6 months, battery pulls, etc. You know, all that crap people say old BB phones had issues with and Android is immune of?

EDIT: I hope to wait for a white version instead of black. If it takes a few extra weeks to get a white BB10 I'll wait just so apple fanboys can see it and go what's that.
    12-27-12 07:46 PM
    I can't wait to try out the Z10 and hopefully sell my Motorola RAZR HD LTE I'm currently using.
    12-27-12 08:46 PM
    Welcome back, Kat. I currently own a BB Torch and a 32GB Playbook and I am very enthusiastic about the new BB10. My belief is that it will be a game changer, so I have put my name on the Rogers waiting list.
    KDB84 and anon(3896606) like this.
    12-27-12 09:10 PM
    I had no idea this was a girl speaking til you said "fangirl".

Its pretty cool and refreshing reading such passion about BB(10) from the females. Made me smile.
    12-27-12 09:48 PM
    The largest majority of people I know are leaving iPhone for BB10. I have a 4S and it will be shut off the day RIM releases their device. I would be willing to bet Apple will be quite surprised to see how many people leave their platform.
    CeeXTwo, KDB84 and bb624 like this.
    12-28-12 04:17 AM
    I love when people go from the lowest end Blackberry, a Curve, or a corporate locked down Blackberry say they were frustrated and went to an iPhone or high end Android and try to do comparisons. OP just make sure you buy a high end BlackBerry this time.
    robkd and KDB84 like this.
    12-28-12 08:11 AM
    I love when people go from the lowest end Blackberry, a Curve, or a corporate locked down Blackberry say they were frustrated and went to an iPhone or high end Android and try to do comparisons. OP just make sure you buy a high end BlackBerry this time.
    So true. My first BlackBerry was a Curve 9360 - I knew it was low-end, but got it for $100 on a 1-year contract when it first came out (first and only time I've seen that from Rogers in Canada!). After I realized what BB could do, i went looking around for a higher-end device; ended up with a 32GB WiFi Playbook which held me over for awhile tethered to the Curve, but when I found a Torch 9810 on Kijiji, I was laughing. Couldn't believe what I had been missing. Looking forward to BB10!
    robkd and anon(3896606) like this.
    12-28-12 09:27 AM
    +1. Happens all the time. Drives me nuts.
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    12-28-12 11:40 AM
    Here is another BB fangirl who loves her 9930, 9810 and 32 g PB....can't wait to get my hands on the BB10 too!
    12-28-12 12:42 PM
    I know several people who have the high end 99XX and are disappointed with it and have dumped it for iOS or Android. Yes, there are a lot that get a crappy Curve and throw it a wall and think that all BBs are of the Curve standards, but some actually get the flagship phone and still have problems.
    12-28-12 01:02 PM
    I know several people who have the high end 99XX and are disappointed with it and have dumped it for iOS or Android. Yes, there are a lot that get a crappy Curve and throw it a wall and think that all BBs are of the Curve standards, but some actually get the flagship phone and still have problems.
    Yes it happens, but when you buy the cheapest BB available, and go to a flagship of something else and then try to compare and complain about the differences is just ridiculous. We see so many people come to CrackBerry with posts that basically equate to :"This 2 year old $300 phone sucks compared to this new $650 phone". DUH! How quickly people forget that the same iPhone around the time of the 83XX didn't even have copy and paste or other basic functionality, and no apps, but they want to compare it to the 3GS and higher iPhones!
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    12-28-12 01:37 PM
    i would wager there are many "Disgruntled Ex-BB User(s) Looking Forward to BB10".

i'm not disgruntled but i definitely am looking forward to BB10.
    12-28-12 06:39 PM