I have been a server for a little over a year and we have this guy who owns a contruction company come in every single day and basically stays all day at the bar drinking. If he's not on 2-way (nextel), where he always uses the speaker, then he leaves his phone there when he either goes to smoke a cig or goes to the bathroom and it rings non-stop. Since he's drunk, he does these things quite often. We have customers that get in fights with him all the time over it. We think its funny and love him. And he spends so much money and tips all the girls for doing nothing just being tthere no one tells him to stop. After a year, you learn to tone it out for an easy extra $40 a day.
    My best friend does this all the time no matter where he is. Once when he left his Nextel on the table to go smoke, we picked it up and went through every one of his recent two-way contacts. We would chirp the person, wait for a response (they would always yell "Yo whats up man!!" and we would yell back "F YOUUU**" then move onto the next contact.
    09-11-08 07:02 PM
    Nah.. The idiots that irritate me the most are the ones who are driving with their elbows so they can talk/text while they are *attempting* to turn a corner.

I know ppl who drive w/their knee�so that they may eat or text�but I cant judge since I�ve done it once or twice
    09-11-08 07:24 PM
    I was on a plane taxing out to be deiced and the guy in front of me was just talking away. Finally one of the flight attendants clued in that "yes" this ***** is on the phone, even though 10 minutes ago they told us all to turn them off.
    Because of this I am so glad that you can't use mobiles on a plan!! Could you imagine spending 4 hours on plane with some ***** talking about the smith account or why she won't call him back.
    I would like to be able to get data on my berry on the plane though.
    09-11-08 07:31 PM
    Well, Internet is coming to planes, so get ready for a lot of people using VOIP apps on their laptops.

Never text or email while driving, people, please! The little brother of a friend was doing just that and ran over an elderly couple, killing them both. You wanna live with something like that on your conscience for the rest of your life?
    09-11-08 08:13 PM
    Lol I made a thread about this a few months ago called Public Cell Phone Talkers. But I like this one too great stories.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-11-08 09:01 PM
    I work retail and it gets soooooooo annoying!! I wish I could do some of this stuff and still keep my job! I do have some people that will come in and will be talking on their phone when they get to the counter. As soon as I start ringing things up, most of 'em will say "Hold on, I'm at the checkout counter." and put down the phone. I wish more people were like that...... and I've lost count of the times I've been run off the road by a talker/driver. Even had an O'Reilly's truck do that to me and the guy just looked back at me with that "What were you doing there?" look.
    09-11-08 11:37 PM
    I'm surprised the bank tellers didn't make her get off the phone. The bank I go to has a strict policy on no cell phone use (signs posted literally everywhere) and they enforce it.
    09-12-08 08:20 AM
    I think the guy giving a speech at the graduation should have done what the renaissance fair guy did.

09-12-08 08:43 AM
    Nah.. The idiots that irritate me the most are the ones who are driving with their elbows so they can talk/text while they are *attempting* to turn a corner.
    I had a lady tail gating me, eating a cheeseburger, talking on the phone... who knows what she was using to drive her car. She even took time to hold the cheeseburger in her teeth to tell me "I'm number 1!"
    09-12-08 03:41 PM
    I had a lady tail gating me, eating a cheeseburger, talking on the phone... who knows what she was using to drive her car. She even took time to hold the cheeseburger in her teeth to tell me "I'm number 1!"
    I wish you had a picture of that.
    09-12-08 06:39 PM
    True story.....

A few years ago at the Rennaissance Festival in Colorado there was an actor who went by the stage-name Zilch the Tory Steller. His act consisted of telling fairy tales completely in spoonerisms - where the first letter of each word gets switched with the first letter of another word in the sentece. He was really quite fun to watch and I'd always assumed that his act was carefully scripted and practiced because he could spit out those spoonerisms with ease. And then......

A couple of summers ago I was at the fair, watching his act. He'd just gotten past explaining what a spoonerism is and had launched into the main part of his act when some one's cell phone went off. The **** was sitting right in the middle of the audience and not only did he answer it, he proceeded to have a conversation. Zilch stopped in mid-sentence and stared at the man in open disgust. When it became obvious that Mr. Oblivious was going to continue his conversation right where he was, Zilch walked off the stage and down into the audience. He then TOOK THE PHONE OUT OF THE GUY'S HAND and proceeded to have the following conversation with whoever was on the other end:

"Hello?" *pause*

"This is Zilch the Tory Steller" *pause*

"He's at the Fennaisance Restival, platching a way. He tan't calk night row, but si'm ure ce'll hall lack bater."

And then....Zilch turned the phone off, gave it back to the guy and walked back to the stage to continue his show.

Needless to say, the audience went wild
    That was a great story. I am glad someone gave some CB time to spoonerisms. William Archibald Spooner would be proud.

Me, I hate those phones with the walkie talkie function or direct connect. It is bad enough when you can hear one side of the convo; with this, you can hear both sides. Bad times.
    09-12-08 07:00 PM
    I used to bartend. Several times a day, I would greet a customer and attempt to get a drink order, just to be ignored as they yapped on their cell. As soon as I would turn to walk away, I'd hear them snap their fingers or make noise to get my attention back. Seriously?? Am I here to wait until its convenient for you to get off the phone and place your order?? Ugh.

09-12-08 07:04 PM
    I have been on the other side.

I was standing in line at the Deli at Walmart. There were a few people in front of me and I was standing there for probably 10-15 minutes, no big deal. The whole time I was standing there I was on hold waiting for a TomTom representative. I had previous experience waiting for over an hour so I knew they wouldn't come on the line while I was standing in line. Finally it was my turn and as I had just opened my mouth to tell the lady what I wanted, a guy walks up from behind me and literally steps in front of me and starts to tell her what he wanted. The deli lady told him that I had been in line and he would need to get behind me. He started flipping out and told me and her that when I got of the f****** phone and payed attention, I could be before him and he continued yelling.
    I was not talking to any one, was certainly paying attention and he had no right to yell like that. I obviously got angry and the deli lady told me not to worry, he was just a pompous a$$. He ended up stomping off after she said that. I was expecting the deli lady to get in trouble and told her that if the manager wanted to talk to me, I would defend her. I am in there a few times a week and asked her if she did in fact get in trouble. Apparently the guy didn't say anything to anyone because she didn't. We still joke about that everytime I get lunch meat, lol. I ended up not even talking to a TomTom representative that day. Has anyone ever tried calling them? Impossible to get through.

With that said, there are times when people are too dumb or annoying and are saying things that shouldn't even being mentioned in public, they do drive me nutty.
    09-12-08 07:06 PM
    I wish you had a picture of that.
    I wish I did too!
    09-12-08 07:55 PM
    One of my favorite things is walking into a restroom and hearing someone on the phone in a stall. 9 times out of 10 they are trying to carry on a legit conversation without the person on the other end knowing where they are.

I make sure I flush and wash hands as loudly as possible. It makes me laugh every time.

09-12-08 08:26 PM
    lmao This happens to me all the time, especially on the bus. Folk just don't know how to turn the volume down a knotch. What gets me more is ***** NEDs [Non Educated Delinquents] on the bus playing music though their phone speaker so their equally stupid friends can hear it as well as the whole bus!!!
    I was on the TTC the other day and some ***** kid was playing his rap through his cellphone speaker...and the driver pulled over and came to the back of the bus and said "turn itoff or get off as per bylaw...blah blah" so the kid shuts it off and then IMMEDIATELY turned it back on once the driver got into traffic again. I went and ripped him a new one lol. Told him people had places to get and I wasn't about to be late for work cause he's to stupid to bring headphones. He looked at me like I was crazy but honestly...it's just RUDE!

What I hate is when ppl use the speakerphone feature in public. Nobody wants to hear the whole convo!

Or my ultimate pet peeve...little teenagers dressed like prostitutes hollering into the their cellphones about how awful their life is, how evil mommy and daddy are, and then relaying it all to their friends at the top of their lungs, then hollering into their cells again.

I have no problem saying something to people like that...what I mind is when something like the other day happens when I'm on the subway and was checking my class schedual and an old woman says to me "you can't even get reception in the train, you don't need to have that out put it away"...umm...is it biting you? How do you know what I'm using it for? GO AWAY!
    09-13-08 07:48 PM
    I was doing a gig last summer. There were two acts on before us. We were sitting in the audience watching the first performer, a 15 year old young lady making her professional debut. She was working with a guitar player so it was just the two of them. It's quiet as everyone is listening.

Well, 2 rows behind us, this guy's phone rings. He answers, says hello, then says hello again very loudly. When he hears who's on the other end, he starts speaking even more loudly; "HEY!!!! how's it going? Yeah, yeah we're at the Indian Ranch blah blah blah and proceeds to have a public conversation drowning out this poor girl's performance. People are turning at looking at him as he continues oblivious to what a s**thead he's being. Finally, my guitar player sitting next to me turns around and says "hey, would you mind, I'm trying to listen to my daughter sing. It's my daughter and I'd like to hear her". The guy ends his conversation but not before telling the other person that other people don't want him on the phone. The dude was totally ignorant.

I cannot understand what compels people to use their phones in public around other people. The person that's on the phone in the checkout line even during the payment and out the door is just beyond me. Is what you have to say that important?

The only place I'll talk on my phone around other people is in airports only because, it's an airport and EVERYBODY is on their phones anyway. Even then, I'd prefer to text.
    09-13-08 08:12 PM
    I know ppl who drive w/their knee�so that they may eat or text�but I cant judge since I�ve done it once or twice
    Oh thats dangerous ~ do be careful safety is at the utmost when driving the person on the other end can wait till ur safe to talk on the phone
    09-16-08 05:03 PM
    I'm surprised the bank tellers didn't make her get off the phone. The bank I go to has a strict policy on no cell phone use (signs posted literally everywhere) and they enforce it.
    Nope no signs whatsoever and the funny thing is that the bank manager was lingering around the teller area for a few minutes and didnt even think to say anything
    09-16-08 05:07 PM
    One of my favorite things is walking into a restroom and hearing someone on the phone in a stall. 9 times out of 10 they are trying to carry on a legit conversation without the person on the other end knowing where they are.

I make sure I flush and wash hands as loudly as possible. It makes me laugh every time.

Oh my god this is the most grossest thing every, I would make sure not to use this said person phone ~ can anyone say major bacteria and worse yet fecal bacterial infection ewwww LOL
    09-16-08 05:11 PM
    I was doing a gig last summer. There were two acts on before us. We were sitting in the audience watching the first performer, a 15 year old young lady making her professional debut. She was working with a guitar player so it was just the two of them. It's quiet as everyone is listening.

Well, 2 rows behind us, this guy's phone rings. He answers, says hello, then says hello again very loudly. When he hears who's on the other end, he starts speaking even more loudly; "HEY!!!! how's it going? Yeah, yeah we're at the Indian Ranch blah blah blah and proceeds to have a public conversation drowning out this poor girl's performance. People are turning at looking at him as he continues oblivious to what a s**thead he's being. Finally, my guitar player sitting next to me turns around and says "hey, would you mind, I'm trying to listen to my daughter sing. It's my daughter and I'd like to hear her". The guy ends his conversation but not before telling the other person that other people don't want him on the phone. The dude was totally ignorant.

I cannot understand what compels people to use their phones in public around other people. The person that's on the phone in the checkout line even during the payment and out the door is just beyond me. Is what you have to say that important?

The only place I'll talk on my phone around other people is in airports only because, it's an airport and EVERYBODY is on their phones anyway. Even then, I'd prefer to text.
    Well not that I think about it I think about the days when cell phones were beginning to explode on the scene and you had alot of people trying to act cute (especially kids and teens) on their cell phones. I think its more of a "look at me effect" I have a cell phone and im important so look at me LOL.. Not everyone is like this nowadays but its still apparent with all the public conversations that rude, ignorant people have nowadays. Sometime I want to rip the phone right out there hands. Or better yet carry around a gigantic cellphone and scream into it as they stand in line or in public and see if they like it LOL this would be hilarious (saw this in a comedy show one day it was hilarious).
    09-16-08 05:22 PM
    I use my knee to steer.. I can drive this way better than half the people in southern california can using 2 hands on the wheel.
    09-16-08 05:53 PM
    I got kicked out of walgreens once because a lady was on her phone and I was pressing the buttons on those singing valentine day stuff animals. She looked at me all rude and went "no is some ******* press playing with stuffed animals" on her phone. I went ***** you can go outside if your call is so important or away from me. Then like 2 minutes later she comes back with some clerk who told me I had to leave.
    I would be fine with it but he wasn't going to make her leave. He threatened to call the cops, I was like fine but this is discrimination just because she's an old woman (she was like 40ish) your going to take her side. Then another customer came to my defense and said the other woman called me an ****** first. We both got kicked out and she got walked to her car for her "safety" because she was scared I was going to beat her down or something.

I didn't go back for about another year because I was mad about getting kicked out.
    09-16-08 05:54 PM
    I used to work at a grocery store and around thanksgiving and such it got really busy which is not a shock but really irritated me is when ppl would come through with like four cart loads of grocerys to ring up and are a talking on the phone while, there would already extremley long lines. They would proceed to carry on with their convo with their convo while unloading one thing at a time becuase they only had one hand cuz they couldn't put their cell away to use two hands, and therefore taking an hour to unload one cart cuz they can't hang up their damn phone pissing not only me off but others in line, I would always stop ringing them up till they got off their phones cuz I'm not gonna ring one thing up and wait 5 mins for the next item to come down the belt. It pissed off a few ppl who were waiting but made it more awkward for the person on the phone
    09-16-08 06:14 PM
    all of this is so funny, sometimes you won't belive what other people do.
    09-17-08 06:09 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD