I think it would look great with the active frames on top of it, although battery life might suck.
    Discuss
    07-27-13 07:59 AM
    A few dozen drinks allow all my Wallpapers to be 'live'... you should try it,.. about as useful, but way more fun.
    07-27-13 11:19 AM
    Even on Android I never actually liked live wallpapers. I tried quite some of them, and it was nice and entertaining at first. However I always switched back to a traditional, "still" wallpaper after a couple of hours.

On BB10, I don't know why we should even have this feature. IMO having a traditional wallpaper is even a somehow disturbed situation, since most of it is covered anyways - either by active frames or icons. I think there are much, much more important things to fix and add first before allowing those live wallpapers.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    07-27-13 12:53 PM
    If you want it, maybe someone will write an app. I wouldn't use it because it would murder the battery.
    Common misconception. Live wallpapers barely even show up if they do at all in the battery usage report. I use one which renders the current weather conditions (falling rain, moving fog, clouds,etc) as my wallpaper.

And no one can write an app because BB10 doesn't support it.
    07-27-13 01:28 PM
    Common misconception. Live wallpapers barely even show up if they do at all in the battery usage report. I use one which renders the current weather conditions (falling rain, moving fog, clouds,etc) as my wallpaper.

And no one can write an app because BB10 doesn't support it.
    I disagree, my partner at work has a android device and has both live and regular wallpapers and when he uses the live wallpaper his battery drains very quickly. I know because he always asks me for a charger and the days he uses the live wallpapers he needs to charge his device way sooner then when he doesn't use the live one. He always complains about it cause he loves how the live one looks but hates that his battery drains so much faster.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    07-27-13 01:38 PM
    I disagree, my partner at work has a android device and has both live and regular wallpapers and when he uses the live wallpaper his battery drains very quickly. I know because he always asks me for a charger and the days he uses the live wallpapers he needs to charge his device way sooner then when he doesn't use the live one. He always complains about it cause he loves how the live one looks but hates that his battery drains so much faster.
    battery meter > subjective opinion.

Can you ask which exactly which live wallpaper he uses? It's possible that it's a godawfully written one. I can check it out. I played with maybe a dozen and none of them even makes a dent in the battery meter.
    bekkay and todbanner like this.
    07-27-13 01:46 PM
    battery meter > subjective opinion.

Can you ask which exactly which live wallpaper he uses? It's possible that it's a godawfully written one. I can check it out. I played with maybe a dozen and none of them even makes a dent in the battery meter.
    Ya could be. Idk for sure. Not trying to be argumentative. Guess some could be worse than others.

BlackBerry for life. Kick'n it with my Z10.
    07-27-13 05:22 PM
    i use live wallpapers all the time, my favourites are tornado 3d, plasticine spring, a neon path, virtual world 4 and crazy fish live wallpaper which is a game aswell as a wallpaper you play on your home screen by dragging it around to eat other fish

most live wallpapers are very light and usually consist of fish swimming slowly or leaves floating on water but the heavier ones have settings menus you can tweak the design with and they have speed and cpu toggles to preserve battery life. non of my wallpapers have every drained my battery too fast besides running electric sheep on max because i kept saving the custom patterns as it changed (if you have it on android youll know what i mean as its hard to explain)
    07-27-13 06:17 PM
    Love live wallpapers. I would not mind the inclusion of such on my BlackBerry.
    07-27-13 06:48 PM
    Would love it if it doesn't waste my battery percentage. I think it would be an awesome idea. I would also like to use panorama pics for wallpapers. For some reason i believe Apple only has the technology to do that seeing how they did it with iOS 7.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-13 07:07 PM
    you mean if you move your phone around the wallpaper moves? if so virtual world live wallpaper and panoramic screen live wallpaper (you can pick any wallpaper including your own from your gallery) does it using the gyroscope on android but yeah thatd be a nifty feature for blackberry. i wish bb10 had a homescreen so we wouldnt have to view it behind the icons or active frames
    07-27-13 08:34 PM
    I think the BB10 OS would benefit greatly from live wall papers. It would be a nice feature that many users would enjoy. And if you don't like live wall papers, then you simply don't use them.
    The thought that they are a battery drainer isn't exactly accurate. If you were to keep your phone on all day, leaving it say at the home screen, where you are staring at your wall paper moving all day, then yeah, of course it's going to be draining the battery. It would be no different as if you were watching movies on your phone all day, that as well will be hard on the battery.
    A live wall paper is on "live" when you are in your panes, swiping around and such.
    I have recently switched from the Q10 to Android, and have had a wallpaper since I set up the phone. Why? Because I can and it adds a sense of "flair."
    Plenty of people enjoy jazzing up their devices, the least a company can do is allow the end user the option to do so.

Sent from the Mobile Nations App on the great Note 2!
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    07-27-13 09:18 PM
    Furthermore in regards to live wall papers consuming battery life. They shouldn't be consuming much at all. And if yours is, it very well could be the "app" doing so, not the live wall paper itself.
    I have been running the Next Honeycomb wall paper on my Note 2, and as the screen shot shows, it has used 2% of my battery.
    I had to take to screen shots as I couldn't get it all in one.

Sent from the Mobile Nations App on the great Note 2!
    Attached Thumbnails Discussion: Who thinks BB should allow Live Wallpapers on BB10?-1374978293306.jpg   Discussion: Who thinks BB should allow Live Wallpapers on BB10?-1374978304267.jpg  
    07-27-13 09:25 PM
    Hi. Still here for live wallpapers or any other such "gimmick" that BlackBerry deems unnecessary.
    09-01-13 07:26 AM
    Live Wallpapers may be a nice addition to BB10 but it won't help in sales. Plus, it wouldn't be good for the battery. But I guess they could make it optional for those who want it. It doesn't interest me though.
    09-03-13 05:56 PM
    I think it would really depend on what you mean by live wallpapers. Wallpapers that are in constant motion would cause a significant impact on performance and battery usage. But wallpapers that update infrequently to reflect stuff such as weather conditions wouldn't be so bad, but Would be mostly pointless as it's mostly covered by all of the icons and such.

I'm perfectly fine without them, but if there's one with a subtle but nice/useful effect, then I might use it.
    09-03-13 08:58 PM
    live wallpaper would be sweet, kinda jealous of androids for that..
    09-03-13 09:03 PM