I tried both BB10 BBM and Android BBM (on a DTEK50 no less) and well we all know which is better. The ads and the pin spam/scam drove me nuts. Things got a bit better, but why settle for less when I can have a better experience on BB10? So I got myself a Red Passport and rocking like it's 2014. Still such an amazing phone.
    05-26-17 02:53 PM
    I tried both BB10 BBM and Android BBM (on a DTEK50 no less) and well we all know which is better. The ads and the pin spam/scam drove me nuts. Things got a bit better, but why settle for less when I can have a better experience on BB10? So I got myself a Red Passport and rocking like it's 2014. Still such an amazing phone.
    I don't think it is because of the amazing phone but rather how it was coded and inclusion of ads that makes the difference. It is BlackBerry's fault for the Android experience.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-17 04:51 PM
    Yes, still is. In many ways the Passport is superior to my Samsung S7 Edge. Speakers, call quality, build quality, viewing in sunlight, speed with shortcuts for many functions, etc. I honest to goodness think so many people, myself included, have been duped into thinking we should or need to buy a new device as often as many or I have. A BlackBerry of '13 (my Z10) still meets my needs and can help me manage my business via mobile. I realize many think/need the plethora of messaging apps. A BlackBerry 10 device with its fantastic call quality, HUB helping me keep my 5 work emails managed and arranged, txt, BBM, etc and I am a-ok. If I did not have the HUB subscription and BlackBerry VKB available for my S7 it would have been sold a week or two after purchase. The HUB and calendar on Android are improving but not yet as good as BlackBerry 10. BBM not even close. The ads ruin it for Android. Let users buy a one time option to eliminate and usage would likely increase. (I paid 2.99 for Textra- I would do the same for BBM. Better yet add it too the HUB suite I am paying a monthly fee)

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    05-26-17 10:58 PM
    Imo BBM started going downhill in appeal for me once they introduced stupid sticker packs. Then the ads and channels started morphing it into something unusual.

They should have went cross platform years ago, and adopted Balsillie's idea of pushing it as an SMS platform to carriers. Still, BlackBerry could improve exposure by updating the app to allow it to work as your main SMS client too.
    06-05-17 07:39 PM
    Well the name sounds like "Big Bowel Movement," so that's always been a problem!

Posted via CB10
    valer466 likes this.
    06-06-17 05:50 AM
    BBM on my BB10 devices (Q10, Z10 and Z30) run smoothly. It runs awful on my Mercury (Keyone).

Stuttering performance, the and with the thread I'm (trying) to view jumping around all the time. I don't blame people if they don't like using it.

I do believe that it's still more secure (don't have to give out phone number). It's a shame it's so ad intrusive.
    06-07-17 03:58 AM
    They have ads in chat window? Hahahahahahhahahhhahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

My God they got no clue!

First of all their development of iOS is a joke. I have friends who have BBM because of me and they are all Apple people. I tried to use BBM on iOS and it doesn't make sense but what's worse notifications skip from time to time, it logs out unexpectedly and voice calls do not use latest api to go full screen like regular calls. Overall it's a joke of iOS development.

I don't know if BlackBerry didn't have other offers to license BBM to any other than EMTEK or whatever their name or they don't know how to pick their partners. But one thing is obvious these guys have no clue where the product should go and how to develop it. It's your usual inefficient business that has hundreds of employees and all of them do nothing pretty much. I can see it already.

BBM already has a great foundation of features and quality services. Their HD voice is one of the best VOIP there is, Whatsapp or Viber can't come close. Glympse integration is perfect to monitor your kids when needed and then many chat editing features just raise the bar as you can filter unnecessary content. But Group feature is the ultimate stuff, they never expanded it properly but the right core is there and nothing prevents them to be light version of Slack or take on Microsoft Teams with it. Slack is just too huge and broad for mobile application and it gets convoluted once many people start chatting all over the place.

Anyhow BBM has the guns and ammo to take on IM market but once again they don't know how to get to that market. Charging consumers or making consumers sit through ads is DEFINITELY not one of them. Not even close
    06-07-17 04:27 AM
    Whatsapp is same as BBM just need people to use BBM instead I think BBM is better than whatsapp

Posted via CB10
    06-07-17 06:07 AM
    They are similar however the ads on the Android version of BBM blow. BBM on BlackBerry 10 is every bit as good. Especially if they give the consumer version video chat as they did enterprise.

Via the Cobalt Classic
    06-07-17 01:53 PM
    Especially if they give the consumer version video chat as they did enterprise.
    Now that's optimism.
    06-07-17 02:23 PM
    Now that's optimism.
    They have already done the work for Enterprise so not so sure how difficult this could be. Right?

Via the Cobalt Classic
    06-07-17 02:38 PM
    They have already done the work for Enterprise so not so sure how difficult this could be. Right?
    Should be any day now.
    06-07-17 03:23 PM
    They are similar however the ads on the Android version of BBM blow. BBM on BlackBerry 10 is every bit as good. Especially if they give the consumer version video chat as they did enterprise.

Via the Cobalt Classic
    They should mute the ads on BlackBerry branded phones like the KEYone and DTek line. Too bad, because it would give another small incentive to buy a BlackBerry over running BBM as a standalone app on non BlackBerry phones.

Imo the BBM experience should be as close as possible on any phone that bares the BlackBerry logo. The ads are really distracting, and one of the reasons I uninstalled it. What a sacrilege to dare remove BBM on a BlackBerry!
    06-07-17 09:36 PM
    I'm afraid it is too late. I still use it to talk to family, but as my current Z10 is my last smartphone I will be retiring BBM when the Z10 fails.
    06-08-17 11:57 AM
    They should mute the ads on BlackBerry branded phones like the KEYone and DTek line. Too bad, because it would give another small incentive to buy a BlackBerry over running BBM as a standalone app on non BlackBerry phones.
    Why should EMTEK care if TCL sells a few more phones? Why should TCL care if a few more people use BBM?
    06-08-17 03:25 PM
    there is no media support.
    06-26-17 05:17 PM
    Integrate everything good in Telegram with BBM and you'll have a winner.
    06-26-17 05:20 PM
    Let's face it, BBM died. I know what youre thinking "some people still use it"

yeah right "Some"

so in my country 4 years ago if someone doesnt have bbm, there is something wrong with this guy. basically no one uses whats app and almost everyone use bbm.

so over the years whatsapp took over, and now, its weird to find someone uses bbm.

lets be honest, bbm is much better than whatsapp (at least in my opinion). i remember the days everyone had bbm and i find them much better than these days.

so as a community who loves BlackBerry, what can we do as comsumers to make BBM popular again?

I will start first

i have 2 ideas:

1. changing your notification sound to the bbm: i know it sounds like a dumb idea. but even a big company like apple used to use this method. you couldnt change the ringtone on an iphone and the purpose they did this according to a research i read is to show that iphones are everywhere.

2. convincing your friends and family to contact you using bbm instead of whatsapp

lets see your ideas guys
    I think you are right about a lot of this, however there are 100 Million downloads of BBM in the Google Play Store, i think it depends on the country, maybe each country might have under 1 million users or maybe less but i'm sure there are bbm users in every country even if its only a few hundred thousand, i have more contacts now than i did back in the huge bbm days which is so funny to me considering i even thought bbm was dead until last year. I think maybe bbm should have a premium option to pay a fee for an ad free version on Android and iOS because the BlackBerry BBM app has no ads, but i guess blackberry needs to make money from the ad revenue in the other apps. Facebook is an ad lovers app so i don't see that much of a big deal, everyone loves facebook and doesn't complain about the ads so much, and facebook spies on you and sells your information to ad companies haha.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    06-26-17 05:35 PM
    P2P groups on BBM is like Chinese whispers. You seldom understand what's being communicated and after sometime the message doesn't last at all in its original form. And this is 2017 not 2005 where we all used dial up and p2p to get access to files over the Internet.
    07-06-17 12:39 AM
119 ... 345