Let's face it, BBM died. I know what youre thinking "some people still use it"

yeah right "Some"

so in my country 4 years ago if someone doesnt have bbm, there is something wrong with this guy. basically no one uses whats app and almost everyone use bbm.

so over the years whatsapp took over, and now, its weird to find someone uses bbm.

lets be honest, bbm is much better than whatsapp (at least in my opinion). i remember the days everyone had bbm and i find them much better than these days.

so as a community who loves BlackBerry, what can we do as comsumers to make BBM popular again?

I will start first

i have 2 ideas:

1. changing your notification sound to the bbm: i know it sounds like a dumb idea. but even a big company like apple used to use this method. you couldnt change the ringtone on an iphone and the purpose they did this according to a research i read is to show that iphones are everywhere.

2. convincing your friends and family to contact you using bbm instead of whatsapp

lets see your ideas guys
    vincentkong likes this.
    05-14-17 07:03 AM
    05-14-17 07:11 AM
    Too many advert in bbm while others app don't have advert
    terminatorx and david7saad like this.
    05-14-17 07:36 AM
    *Crickets*
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    05-14-17 07:54 AM
    Love BBM but it's too late 4 BBM. I still use it to contact my wife and brother, he's not a whatsapp fan and doesn't use it so I have to use BBM because of my brother.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-17 08:32 AM
    I guess if many people started using bbm, they will remove the ads ?
    05-14-17 08:38 AM
    And if you had wheels you'd be a wagon.
    05-14-17 08:41 AM
    People doesn't understand the PIN concept
    And the bbm opening to mail/phone number welcomes spamming
    Really hard to convince people to use BBM
    05-14-17 09:31 AM
    It's not up to forum members or users to make BBM popular again. It's up to BlackBerry.
    05-14-17 09:38 AM
    It's not up to forum members or users to make BBM popular again. It's up to BlackBerry.
    Didn't BlackBerry license BBM to a third party?
    05-14-17 09:42 AM
    Yeah EMTEK
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    05-14-17 09:47 AM
    Unfortunately BBM offers almost no advantages over WhatsApp, and on top of that, it's loaded with ads.

I still use it because I have a few contacts that do, and I pay to get rid of the ads. It's a hard sell to anyone not already using it.
    05-14-17 09:54 AM
    Fine. It's still not up to users to make BBM popular.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    05-14-17 12:52 PM
    I don't think there is a way to make it globally popular like the way it once was. I think people could try and make it relevant to their own circle of friends though. It's just a matter of getting people to try it and realize what it has to offer.

With that said that is still an uphill battle. I have tried since it went cross platform and so far have only been able to make one person start using it

Posted via CB10
    05-14-17 01:15 PM
    1. No ads for BlackBerry users
    2. No ads in between chats in other devices.
    But I doubt whether BlackBerry even cares.

Posted via CB10
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    05-14-17 01:35 PM
    1. No ads for BlackBerry users
    2. No ads in between chats in other devices.
    But I doubt whether BlackBerry even cares.

Posted via CB10
    That's basically "no ads" period. They're going to need multiple account access, multiple devices login, and a standalone desktop client if they ever really want to try getting ahead in the messenger race.
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    05-14-17 01:49 PM
    BlackBerry did not take BBM cross-platform back when it had a chance to be relevant because they wanted it to be an exclusive feature that would sell more handsets. When handsets imploded BBM was left with a small userbase and no real way to generate revenue. Their attempts at luring users of other platforms were poorly executed and frankly, too little, too late.
    05-14-17 03:02 PM
    Unfortunately BBM offers almost no advantages over WhatsApp
    Never used WA but does it have cool features like message retracting, private chat, Glympse, HD pic attaching? Even seeing that the other person is busy writing a reply? I think most BBM users do not know what it can do or appreciate that you could see your message had been read years before WA had that capability.

BB, Still the One
    05-14-17 04:12 PM
    Never used WA but does it have cool features like message retracting, private chat, Glympse, HD pic attaching? Even seeing that the other person is busy writing a reply? I think most BBM users do not know what it can do or appreciate that you could see your message had been read years before WA had that capability.

BB, Still the One
    Most people only use a tiny subset of the available features. Telling folks to use features they don't want to use is not going to have a happy outcome. My brother managed a team of forensic auditors back in the day and he tried way to hard to get them to use keyboard shortcuts in Excel. You can imagine how that turned out. I'm thinking Chicago sunroof.
    Tien-Lin Chang likes this.
    05-14-17 04:23 PM
    It seems as though anything that mentions BlackBerry or carries the logo, has the coodies.

It's sad to know that I own (arguably) one of the best handheld devices that has little to no app developer support.

It's not outdated (yet) and has great specs. The OS is very smooth and practical.

Until it renders itself obsolete or dies, I'll continue using my awesome...

 Passport SE SQW100-4 with Vitamin (SR) 10.3.2.2836 (OS Version) 10.3.2.2876 on AT&T
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    05-14-17 04:35 PM
    Let's face it, BBM died. I know what youre thinking "some people still use it"

yeah right "Some"

so in my country 4 years ago if someone doesnt have bbm, there is something wrong with this guy. basically no one uses whats app and almost everyone use bbm.

so over the years whatsapp took over, and now, its weird to find someone uses bbm.

lets be honest, bbm is much better than whatsapp (at least in my opinion). i remember the days everyone had bbm and i find them much better than these days.

so as a community who loves BlackBerry, what can we do as comsumers to make BBM popular again?

I will start first

i have 2 ideas:

1. changing your notification sound to the bbm: i know it sounds like a dumb idea. but even a big company like apple used to use this method. you couldnt change the ringtone on an iphone and the purpose they did this according to a research i read is to show that iphones are everywhere.

2. convincing your friends and family to contact you using bbm instead of whatsapp

lets see your ideas guys
    BBM is not even BlackBerry anymore, now it is run by Emtek.
    05-14-17 04:38 PM
    BlackBerry completely screwed up BBM. They should have leveraged their NOC to build a secure, professional, cross platform messaging app for desktop and mobile a la Slack. Instead they chased the consumer market with a too-late, me-too offering hoping to generate interest for a quick sale. The result was a mediocre platform with no core network of users or even a clear use case!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    elfabio80 and OrlandoAlex like this.
    05-14-17 05:07 PM
    Even better they should have pursued JB's idea to make BBM be SMS 2.0. That could have been the recurring revenue stream to replace BIS and then some.
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    05-14-17 05:28 PM
    How would Emtek make money on BBM if they did not have adds.
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    05-14-17 05:36 PM
    How would Emtek make money on BBM if they did not have adds.
    They can't. It's all they have left. BlackBerry should have focused on making it a dominant platform before trying to monetize it.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    OrlandoAlex likes this.
    05-14-17 05:38 PM
119 123 ...