Well, I start this thread as a way we can all share our opinions about this. What do you think? Is it good or should anyone have a phone for more time?
    04-15-12 06:14 PM
    Sorry,
    What are you asking?

Do I change my Phone once a year?
    Do I think it is a waste of money to change a phone once a year?
    Do I think I should be saving money by keeping phones longer?

I change my phones at least once a year, usually once every 8 months or so depending on product releases, I also buy secondary devices to try 2-3 times a year.

I think this is a great use of my money and don't see myself changing it as long as I am in the financial position to do so.
    04-15-12 06:20 PM
    I don't really have much of an opinion, but in Canada contract terms are 3 years. I think 2 years with a phone is good. Some people 1 year, but if thats too mainstream I find it bad especially for carriers who keep offering incentives for phone upgrades the way they do. Its a waste of money for carriers and the consumer.
    04-15-12 06:21 PM
    I change my phone anywhere from 6 months to a year. No longer than a year though. It's not a waste of money if you can afford it and you benefit from it.

I like smartphones, so I don't consider it a waste at all.
    04-15-12 06:27 PM
    The way I see it, my phone is one of the few things I have with me and use everyday, so the upgrade is worth it as long as I can afford it. I sign up on 3 year contracts but normally switch up phones every year to year and a half depending on what's out. The old device is usually sold and the funds used towards paying for the new one.
    04-15-12 06:34 PM
    12-18 months with one phone is enough. Also because I am willing to buy a second hand phone like I did with my last one, its not too expensive and I don't have to have my contract extended.

Why is that my way of doing things? In a year technology changes a lot. From Aug 2010 to Aug 2011, two new OS's launched on Blackberry alone(6/7). Nevermind the other platforms. Better cameras, better functionality, much better processors, oh the difference in browsers! Makes me much more functional and able to get things done(even though my job doesn't depend on a phone, lol).

Also by time a year, I am pretty rough on my phones constantly dropping them, overcharging and also regular use. By time a year the phone is starting to show signs of its age. My 9700 ran fantastic even with OS6, its original battery still went four days on a single charge, etc. But because of the drops and all the texting I was doing, it started creaking and I was on my third backplate. It was being held together with a skin. It did last me 18 months though!
    04-15-12 06:36 PM
    Sorry,
    What are you asking?

Do I change my Phone once a year?
    Do I think it is a waste of money to change a phone once a year?
    Do I think I should be saving money by keeping phones longer?

I change my phones at least once a year, usually once every 8 months or so depending on product releases, I also buy secondary devices to try 2-3 times a year.

I think this is a great use of my money and don't see myself changing it as long as I am in the financial position to do so.
    Do you think it is a waste of money to change your phone once a year that is jaja
    04-15-12 06:51 PM
    Well, i agree. In my personal opinion changing phones it's both, a way as to improve and to give yourself a gift Many people here in my country (Argentina) beliave that it's a waste of money. They see it just as a phone to communicate. I love phones, i change them once a year. It's an annual fight with my parents but well, i try haha
    04-15-12 06:53 PM
    Well, i agree. In my personal opinion changing phones it's both, a way as to improve and to give yourself a gift Many people here in my country (Argentina) beliave that it's a waste of money. They see it just as a phone to communicate. I love phones, i change them once a year. It's an annual fight with my parents but well, i try haha
    LOL, thats why I have a job so I can treat myself whenever I want. Damn school though, its breaking me! Not really, but it really doesn't help.
    04-15-12 07:02 PM
    It depends on the situation. I change my phones for a average one year / one and a half year.
    Aslong if the phone works out for me i will keep it and use it till it doesn't work anymore. But that isn't the case lol.
    Most of the times i'm just way too stubborn and can't keep myself buying new device's.
    Some people's think it's a waste of money some not. I love phones but i don't love to have several devices on me.
    Financial it's not a problem. When i need one i buy it otherwise i must be too stubborn and want to threat myself once in a while.
    04-15-12 07:09 PM
    LOL, thats why I have a job so I can treat myself whenever I want. Damn school though, its breaking me! Not really, but it really doesn't help.
    Jajaja lucky you. I'm 16. In Argentina you don't do part-time jobs or summer jobs. You study until you get graduated. I depend on my parents now. Financial its not an issue luckily. Now, i'm saving for a Bold 9780. I hope that it will be worth it! LOL
    04-15-12 07:47 PM
    Jajaja lucky you. I'm 16. In Argentina you don't do part-time jobs or summer jobs. You study until you get graduated. I depend on my parents now. Financial its not an issue luckily. Now, i'm saving for a Bold 9780. I hope that it will be worth it! LOL

skip the 9780, and save for when the 9790 or 9900 come to Argentina, faaar better devices
    04-15-12 07:49 PM
    skip the 9780, and save for when the 9790 or 9900 come to Argentina, faaar better devices
    I vouch for this or the BB10 phones!
    04-15-12 07:51 PM
    Well, they are sold online and unlocked. But they cost a lot, from $850. The thing is camera is a bit important to me also, and the bold 9900 has fixed focus. I know.. If i want a camera-phone i should try another brand but well. 9780 design's elegant and practical. It is really the only BB i like...
    04-15-12 08:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD