Hi guys,

I just found this Disaster Alert app on the web and I was wondering if anyone of you tried that before?

If yes, what is your experience? Is it worth getting?

Disasteralert seems to have GPS and mapping features as well. So I put this thread into the GPS & Mapping category. Hope that's fine.

I think it is a great idea but I would like to read some info first before I get it.
    11-04-09 11:23 PM
    Hi guys,

I just found this Disaster Alert app on the web and I was wondering if anyone of you tried that before?

If yes, what is your experience? Is it worth getting?

Disasteralert seems to have GPS and mapping features as well. So I put this thread into the GPS & Mapping category. Hope that's fine.

I think it is a great idea but I would like to read some info first before I get it.
    I just purchased this app a couple of days ago and the GPS function does not work for me. It just says GPS Searching and then switches to GPS off. I have no problem with the GPS function working on any other apps. I have tried inside and outside and the GPS never locks on. Anybody else have this program?
    01-16-10 12:17 PM
    I am having the same problem. GPS stays on OFF. Does anyone know how to get help for this app?
    01-26-10 12:29 PM
    I am having the same problem. GPS stays on OFF. Does anyone know how to get help for this app?
    Have you gotten the GPS on this app to work? I have been emailing back and forth with Skylab for 2 weeks on this and nothing they have suggested works. It has to be a problem within their app because GPS on my Storm works flawlessly with all my other apps. Google Map, Poynt, Weather apps all find me immediately. I am still trying to get an answer from them and to be fair, they are responding, they just can't get it to work. Have you had any luck? Anybody?
    02-03-10 08:30 AM
    I just purchased this app a couple of days ago and the GPS function does not work for me. It just says GPS Searching and then switches to GPS off. I have no problem with the GPS function working on any other apps. I have tried inside and outside and the GPS never locks on. Anybody else have this program?
    Hey did you ever figure out how to get your GPS working? I cannot get my GPS to work either...
    02-05-10 10:28 PM
    Hey did you ever figure out how to get your GPS working? I cannot get my GPS to work either...
    No. No luck. I have emailed the developer and they have responded but they really have no idea what to do or what the problem is. At least they have responded but have given me no real help other than uninstall and reinstall, etc. Very basic stuff. They seem to be pretty untechnical, if that's a word. To bad too because it's a pretty expensive product.
    02-06-10 11:45 AM
    Never buy software without trialing it.
    02-06-10 01:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD