Was it BlackBerry's decision to make it exclusive? Or did VZW choose not to carry it?

If it's the latter, if AT&T sales are strong enough, VZW will pick it up I would think. It it's BlackBerry's choice...well, I don't see what they would do that.
    10-01-14 09:34 PM
    It's difficult to say for sure. Same thing happened with the Z30, but a BlackBerry exec gave an interview to CNET pretty much saying that VZW was the only US carrier interested at that time. This time, nobody has said anything yet.
    10-01-14 09:46 PM
    That makes more sense. VZW is a business and of they don't think it will sell, why would they put money into it (advertising, training, returns, etc).

I can't see BlackBerry limiting their market. I hope the Passport continues to sell so hat Verizon will pick it up!
    10-01-14 09:52 PM
    October is almost over, still waiting for news and fighting a $630 claim to sprint. Long story short I attended a 3 day Business forum / training and my phone was on roaming. I had to make calls and received calls from the office and I am fighting sprint that I was in the US attending the forum and that those charges are not valid. What did sprint want? For me not to attend the calls? Not call the office? Use a pay phone? I had been waiting for the Passport and am seriously convinced I will dump sprint. I am seriously considering going to verizon... If I buy a Z10 will it work ok? Does it have the updates? Should I get the Z30? Should I go to T-Mobile? Does the unlocked Passport work with them ?

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 02:31 AM
    This is a much different situation than VZW having the exclusive on the Z30. See unlocked models of Z30's were produced and sold so there was opportunity for AT&T and T-Mobile users to get the Z30.

This is different because AT&T has the exclusive and there are no unlocked models compatible with VZW or Sprint. The only option is to switch carriers. Switching carriers isn't just that simple between termination fees and coverage.

AT&T and T-Mobile have great service in the area where I live and work, but my house is like force field against everything but Verizon. I'm left with no options. So yeah, I'm disappointed.
    10-25-14 02:42 AM
    Complain to Verizon. Exclusivity basically means nobody else wanted it or wanted it at the price they were selling it
    Exactly

Posted via CB10
    10-25-14 03:08 AM
81 ... 234