Really? Complain to Verizon? How about complain to BBRY for not making a VZW compliant device?

VZW is not in the business to design and manufacture phones. They sell phones that others have built.
    If only it was that simple. BB can't just build an unlocked CDMA version that people can buy and use on VZW. VZW won't allow it. They require Verizon branded phones on there network. Also, I think a lot of people in this thread have it backwards. Without a contract with Verizon, there probably is no reason to waste money building a CDMA version. With no agreement with Verizon - how many people would buy it? So, first comes an agreement with Verizon, then comes manufacture and production of product to fulfill that agreement.

If BBRY cannot negotiate a minimum purchase requirement, that's on BBRY, not VZW.
    Well, this seems to be the problem. Most likely they tried. Verizon probably viewed this as a minuscule volume device. Probably completely uninterested. I think they may be surprised by what the Passport does. I think I am already surprised. Maybe even BB will be surprised. Time will tell. However, I disagree with you on one thing. I think Verizon IS the right place to relay your disappointment. They are the ones who are most likely stopping the deal. I'm sure BB would love them to turn around and say "There seems to be some demand out there - lets enter into a deal for some."
    gokulesh, gfondeur and lift like this.
    09-28-14 04:40 PM
    I would have purchased a Passport and then maybe two after I tried the first one. I'm personally not wanting that big of a device but Mother Nature says I need some thing bigger than a Q10. As for the other two lines they are Windows phones and the users hate them and want something different. Anyways its to bad there isn't a Passport for us non ATT customers.
    09-28-14 04:47 PM
    If only it was that simple. BB can't just build an unlocked CDMA version that people can buy and use on VZW. VZW won't allow it. They require Verizon branded phones on there network. Also, I think a lot of people in this thread have it backwards. Without a contract with Verizon, there probably is no reason to waste money building a CDMA version. With no agreement with Verizon - how many people would buy it? So, first comes an agreement with Verizon, then comes manufacture and production of product to fulfill that agreement.

Well, this seems to be the problem. Most likely they tried. Verizon probably viewed this as a minuscule volume device. Probably completely uninterested. I think they may be surprised by what the Passport does. I think I am already surprised. Maybe even BB will be surprised. Time will tell. However, I disagree with you on one thing. I think Verizon IS the right place to relay your disappointment. They are the ones who are most likely stopping the deal. I'm sure BB would love them to turn around and say "There seems to be some demand out there - lets enter into a deal for some."
    Isn't that about to change in 2015? Aren't all device going to be unlocked so they can be used on other networks?
    09-28-14 04:49 PM
    Can anyone confirm Passport working well on T-Mo USA? I have one phone left on Sprint contract but even if TM doesn't pay my ETF I'm switching. Just had enough of not being able to have the phone I want with Sprint. Love my Q10 but wanted a Z30 and now a passport. As long as it works on T-Mo (I know, no wifi calling) I'm out. And as far as AT&T, no thanks, biggest ripoff in mobile in the states. Double throttled Data, Woohoo, TM is unlimited, not throttled, and much cheaper.

Posted via CB10
    It has been confirmed more than twice already. If you're still hesitating, have a look at these documents.

http://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-6991

http://us.blackberry.com/smartphones...fications.html (click on network and connectivity )

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 04:54 PM
    Sure we, he can! If we, he wants to pay two times the price for the same service. Sorry, I forgot ATT will double your data for a LIMITED TIME. After that hold on to your arsh.
    Or go unlocked and T-Mobile. I'm way cheaper than with Sprint. Service way faster too.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    09-28-14 05:07 PM
    Or go unlocked and T-Mobile. I'm way cheaper than with Sprint. Service way faster too.

Service isn't faster here! No T-Mobile service in my area.
    There not the uncarrier around here there the nonecarrier!
    Last edited by dphjeff; 09-28-14 at 05:34 PM.
    lift likes this.
    09-28-14 05:12 PM
    Felt (and still feel) the same way waiting and hoping for AT&T to get the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur likes this.
    09-28-14 05:38 PM
    Awesome! Thank you for the docs! I needed a little more than one person saying it will work. I need to buy 3 devices since all our sprint phones are useless on TMO, but now I can without worry. I appreciate the help, now anyone know where I can get an unlocked passport? Lol. Hopefully stock replenishes quickly.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 05:42 PM

I haven't checked pricing on T-Mobile because there is no service here. I'm paying $160 for the first two lines and $20 per additional lines with unlimited everything on all lines.
    09-28-14 05:47 PM
    Isn't that about to change in 2015? Aren't all device going to be unlocked so they can be used on other networks?
    Not exactly. Carriers do have to unlock phones to allow use on other carriers, but carriers are not obligated to allow every phone on their network. In other words, VZW can't stop you from bringing a device to another carrier, but they don't have accept all devices on theirs. At least that's how it seems.
    lift likes this.
    09-28-14 06:31 PM
    Crackberry team, still impatient and no new news about the Passport arriving to Carriers... let's do something or at least try. Yesterday I tweeted Sprint CEO @marceloclaure(not expected an answer) and 1 minute later @sprintcare followed me. I tweeted both this Morning and still no answer. I know some of us are tired of Sprint but let's try to do something like in Canada with Rogers.. let's tweet them and send emails maybe this will work. This petition includes TMO and Verizon users. What do you think? Please share the responses you get

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 08:34 AM
    Yeah it sucks for you guys. Now you know how us wanting to use a fully working version of the Z30 have felt all this time.
    10-01-14 09:26 AM
    I had been waiting a long time for the Passport launch (not counting the time we waited for the Z30 that never came out for sprint) and was really excited and BAM... I literally felt this way after hearing about the exclusivity with AT&T and the fact that the unlocked phones will not work with Sprint. Who feels the same frustration?
    Yeah, we Sprint subscribers are a minority, so we can either remain on the outside looking in, or change carriers.

For my part, I'll stay with Sprint. No other carrier can match what they provide us for the money.
    10-01-14 09:37 AM
    After what we went through getting ATT to upgrade d BB 10 os, im dissapointed they gave ATT exclusive access

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 10:36 AM
    The cellular phone system is so messed up in the USA.
    10-01-14 02:02 PM
    I'd hit it.

Disclaimer: if this post offended you in anyway, or you feel harassed, please message me and I will remove it.
    Oh, no. I'm offended. Not.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 02:29 PM
    Yeah, we Sprint subscribers are a minority, so we can either remain on the outside looking in, or change carriers.

For my part, I'll stay with Sprint. No other carrier can match what they provide us for the money.
    For what it's worth you should checkout T-Mo plans. I'm on sprint, old unlimited plan, $160 + 20 + 20, with extra BS taxes etc it's $230 month, T-Mo unlimited no throttle plan is $80 + 60 + 40, $20 cheaper before taxes. As soon as I gather funds for Passports unlocked and find stock I'm goin Pink. Check area service and see if it will work for you. All BlackBerry phones seem to work as they are GSM network. Above is for 3 service lines.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 06:08 PM
    As I'm sure you've all seen it looks like AT&T is going to squash the passport into a dusty old closet as I suspected. By the time they release it most of the glory will be gone, as I'm sure leaked new devices will pique the BlackBerry nation along with the Classic having its day in the sun. Typical US carrier ****! Chen you gotta get back to that nut Legere and push these phones out. There is a huge business base in the US that needs to be addressed. IMHO what AT&T is doing is worse than the stupidity of Magenta.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 06:19 PM
    Shucks, I'm disappointed as well and I'm an AT&T customer. There's no reason that I should be on pins and needles for them to release this phone. Hell, none of us should be.

We shouldn't have to go all-in and spend 600+ on the phone when there's subsidy through carriers...if only AT&T would release the damn thing.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 06:58 PM
    Crackberry Team, Bla1ze & Kevin help us out here... we want our voices to be heard... BlackBerry fans here desperate to get a Passport and the US carriers are of no help.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 07:19 PM
    N4BB is reporting that AT&T might not be releasing the Passport until late January or February too, so it will be really exclusive in the US

10-01-14 07:23 PM
    AT&T has mentioned that the Passport will be here very soon. January & February is more like latter.
    10-01-14 08:03 PM
    If I had a dollar for every time AT&T said "very soon" I'd be able to buy a Passport listed on ebay.

Posted via CB10
    RoseBud68 and Oscar Buendia like this.
    10-01-14 08:41 PM
    If I had a dollar for every time AT&T said "very soon" I'd be able to buy a Passport listed on ebay.

Posted via CB10
    I love this comment. Thank you for this.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 09:29 PM
    Verizon is gay. I can't switch to att to get the passport because att service isn't too great in my area and all the BlackBerry 10 phones I've had don't pick up a strong signal so it's a lose-lose for me.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 09:30 PM
81 1234