+1

that is very true. the fact that apps for rebooting exist just shows the problems of the OS that people just over look or dont want to face. I've soft reset (reboot) ATL + RIGHT SHIFT + DEL about 4 times a day.
    let me guess: you've got a boatload of utility apps on your phone. I've got zero utilities, and no themes, and I presume that's why I haven't had to pull the battery more than a few times in over 6 months. either that, are you are a VERY UNLUCKY individual who got one of the worst BB's ever made.
    09-07-10 05:19 PM
    My point is that a customer that pays for a premium priced phone shouldn't even get used to solutions like everyday battery pulls. EVER.
    I have made this point in several post and get flamed....
    09-07-10 09:08 PM
    I have made this point in several post and get flamed....
    flame is everywhere on this site and OP have you tried taking it to the att store and demand a new phone?
    09-07-10 10:18 PM
    let me guess: you've got a boatload of utility apps on your phone. I've got zero utilities, and no themes, and I presume that's why I haven't had to pull the battery more than a few times in over 6 months. either that, are you are a VERY UNLUCKY individual who got one of the worst BB's ever made.
    i have 2 utility apps quicklaunch and blink. the bb os just sucks, a lot of my battery pulls are from tethering freezing, or the can't open an SMS problem that has been around ever since RIM updated to 5.0 and threaded SMS's. fix the damn problem already
    09-08-10 12:45 AM
    i have 2 utility apps quicklaunch and blink. the bb os just sucks, a lot of my battery pulls are from tethering freezing, or the can't open an SMS problem that has been around ever since RIM updated to 5.0 and threaded SMS's. fix the damn problem already
    many of the users that complain about the OS have QL, so what's your point? I only did tethering for one day, so I've zippo experience with freezes while tethering. I think I had one problem with an SMS message a while back (on 713, IIRC).
    09-08-10 12:53 AM
    I thought it was the whole point of a smartphone - to customize it to suite your needs. I probably was unlucky and will definitly give BB another go. Since some users said that the models with 256mb do not suffer that greatly from the issues I mentioned I guess I will try the 9700 although I prefer the 9000 and it's form factor.

Cleaning the battery port like someone already suggested didn't solve the issue of random reboots on the 8900 unfortunetly and I will and request a new one today/tomorrow (am from Poland - Orange network, as already said BB are a nische here)

The whole problem in my opinion starts with the OS - the backbone of any smartphone.

iPhone - great stable and fast OS, some missing features, alot of apps you don't use or need after a day, mail is horrible IMO, browsing great (but don't care about that)

BB - full qwerty, bbm, mail, docs to go, BUT the OS stability (from my experiance atleast) non existant,

Android - absolutely no idea what the pros and cons on these are since I never owned one.
    09-08-10 01:29 AM
    From my previous experience with the Bold9000, I had to perform Battery pulls ones/twice a day and it started becoming unreliable when you go over about 5-7 apps, which was obviously due to the HIGHLY insufficient memory. Otherwise all was good...IMO its what a BOLD is suppose to look and feel like. If they release a new Bold with similar form factor and more memory id definitely get it.

Im using the 8900 curve now and during the last month and a half, the only time I had to reset the phone was after installing apps but otherwise i find it unnecessary. Ive never experienced any random reboots or any other problems for that matter. My only disappointment with this phone is that it wont be getting the OS6 upgrade but then again i don't think ill be missing out on much from how i see it.
    Last edited by bushako; 09-08-10 at 03:12 AM.
    09-08-10 03:09 AM
    I thought it was the whole point of a smartphone - to customize it to suite your needs. I probably was unlucky and will definitly give BB another go. Since some users said that the models with 256mb do not suffer that greatly from the issues I mentioned I guess I will try the 9700 although I prefer the 9000 and it's form factor.

Cleaning the battery port like someone already suggested didn't solve the issue of random reboots on the 8900 unfortunetly and I will and request a new one today/tomorrow (am from Poland - Orange network, as already said BB are a nische here)

The whole problem in my opinion starts with the OS - the backbone of any smartphone.

iPhone - great stable and fast OS, some missing features, alot of apps you don't use or need after a day, mail is horrible IMO, browsing great (but don't care about that)

BB - full qwerty, bbm, mail, docs to go, BUT the OS stability (from my experiance atleast) non existant,

Android - absolutely no idea what the pros and cons on these are since I never owned one.
    If your "needs" are to make the phone unstable by overloading it with too many or poorly written apps, then you'll have to live with the consequences. Ever heard of "all things in moderation"?
    09-08-10 09:05 AM
    It does sound like an OS problem Dcharger. For random reboots etc., I'd insist on a new device if an OS upgrade didn't solve the problem. I had an 8900 and upgraded it to a 5.0 OS right away, and didn't have any of the problems you describe. That's not to say you aren't having them, just that random reboots aren't a typical problem in my experience, but they do happen to some on occasion.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 09:42 AM
    Well then consider yourself lucky, friend. My original one did the signal strength / 1XEV to 1X fluctuation issue, and the refurb they sent me is doing it too. I'd get another refurb but I'm done messing with it. Even sitting right here in my living room, it'll jump from -90dbm to -256dbm/searching for cdma. When my sis visits and brings her Droid, it will be holding a steady signal and 3G connection on the same network, sitting on the table right next to my Tour, so that sure doesn't lead me to buy into the idea that the issues I'm having are tower related, as I once thought...

The only thing I haven't had issues with on the Tour have been unfixable trackball issues. I've been able to get the ball rolling again every time it's jammed up. If I'd have replaced the device every time the ball locked up, I'd be on # 5 or 6 at least by now, only 3 days shy of having one for a year.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Yeah, I sure consider myself lucky. Nearly almost half of the world who owns Tour do have several issues with it, but although the others got lucked out and don't have any issues with tour. I am heavily active on my Tour, always pressing buttons every seconds as much as I could daily, and has not yet to have any problems. Seems like you got faulty phone, I had faulty phone, different phones that aren't blackberry and then I saw BlackBerry Tour, didn't even done my research, I just bought it right away when I went and look for a switch. Mine isn't refurbished though, most of refurbished has some issues as I experienced few of refurbished cell phones, until I started buying brand new instead used/refurbished, couldn't find any issues ever since.
    09-08-10 09:48 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD